Bond song...

Comments

• LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    minigeff wrote:
    Thanks, Mr. Martini! {[]

"Though the site said that Adele’s involvement with the soundtrack has been confirmed, it remains unclear if she wrote the music and lyrics or is simply performing the vocals. The song is expected to be released after the movie reaches theaters in November."

Released after the the film hits theatres? ?:) Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but don't we usually get the song shortly before the film release? Still up in the air about who wrote the song, too...the suspense continues.

am i alone in thinking that this goose is getting rather over cooked?

?:) And a pleasure to speak to you, sir.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    I think someone posted some dates that previous songs/videos were released but from memory, I'm sure it's about four weeks prior. The song helps build the hype and excitement...and sells LPs, cassettes, 8-tracks, CDs, downloads. If they don't release it 3-4 weeks earlier (even if it's not on sale in hardcopy until later), they're missing a huge sales and promotion opportunity. Four weeks would be next week...so the clock is ticking.
    Incidentally, my inside sources say it's Ken Dodd doing the opening and that the title sequence won't be scantilly-clad nymphs but actually very evil little Diddymen.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,994Quartermasters
    I think someone posted some dates that previous songs/videos were released but from memory, I'm sure it's about four weeks prior. The song helps build the hype and excitement...and sells LPs, cassettes, 8-tracks, CDs, downloads. If they don't release it 3-4 weeks earlier (even if it's not on sale in hardcopy until later), they're missing a huge sales and promotion opportunity. Four weeks would be next week...so the clock is ticking.

I thought as much; thanks!
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Just checked Amazon, and the soundtrack is available on October 22nd. The question is, when will the single be released?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Thanks, Mr. Martini! {[]

"Though the site said that Adele’s involvement with the soundtrack has been confirmed, it remains unclear if she wrote the music and lyrics or is simply performing the vocals. The song is expected to be released after the movie reaches theaters in November."

Released after the the film hits theatres? ?:) Perhaps my memory is fuzzy, but don't we usually get the song shortly before the film release? Still up in the air about who wrote the song, too...the suspense continues.

am i alone in thinking that this goose is getting rather over cooked?

?:) And a pleasure to speak to you, sir.

Think you misunderstood my comment mate, the 'goose' I was referring to was the suspense EoN seem to be maintaining over the 'will she/won't she?' thing going on with regards SF's theme.

The point I was trying to make is that if EoN leave everyone waiting too long, the interest and sense of surprise might start to dwindle.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Quite right, minigeff. The udder's well & truly dry on this one. Overkill = disinterest as far as I'm concerned.
  • MI6MI6 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Meh. Could be worse options than Adele.
    Thank you very much. I was just out walking my rat and I seem to have lost my way
    MI6 wrote:
    Meh. Could be worse options than Adele.

Meh indeed, sure there can be worse options, duffy for instance, beady eye, keane, sixpence non the richer, mika, gary glitter.... we could be here all day.

Whats in question here is not who is gonna warble for us, (i think the bookies and media coverage have already confirmed our suspicions), but how long are EoN gonna delay the inevitable?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    You'd think they would want the song released, to get on as many radio and
    tv stations, For the Publicity alone.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I totally agree. In fact does anyone else think that there has been a distinct LACK of tie-ins besides the Coke thing?

By now we would normally have had the title song, mobile phone, Omega watch etc etc.
    So far all we have is rumours!!!
  • jacko008jacko008 Posts: 31MI6 Agent
    Totally agree.
    Total lack of any information "will they release this will they release that" you would think by now they would have collectors parting with their hard earned whilst getting ready for the deluge of fair weather collectors when the film comes out.
    As much as we all love these films...Bored with waiting for what tom Ford may or may not release.
    Bored with waiting for official confirmation of this bloody song.
    On the plus side we did get a rather boring poster "woo Hoo"
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I'm starting to think that Adele will NOT be singing the title song now.... they have left it far too long for it to be any sort of surprise...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    Jarvio wrote:
    I'm starting to think that Adele will NOT be singing the title song now.... they have left it far too long for it to be any sort of surprise...

Well...everyone knew the film was called Skyfall before it was officially announced...so it would seem par for the course :))

Don't panic...it will be Adele...
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Well...everyone knew the film was called Skyfall before it was officially announced...so it would seem par for the course :))

Don't panic...it will be Adele...

True. Either way I hope we get an official announcement soon...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    I think that the only people who give a hoot are us fan-boys and girls. The rest of the world are vaguely aware that a new Bond film is coming, but it is no longer the media event it once was, just another movie. EON are notorious for disregarding the hard core fan base. They know that with relatively low costs that they are onto a sure fire moneymaker whatever we think.
    It's an interesting one this, but what reason do EoN keep making bond films?

In comparison, I recall Lewis Hamilton being asked why, once winning the champion and banking over £22m a season, does he still keep racing? He's got more money than he needs to live comfortably for the rest of his life, and could easily call it a day and retire. He replied that he simply loves to race and will continue doing so until he is no longer capable or enjoying it.

Do EoN have the same mindset?

Do EoN continue to make bond films because they feel its a British film industry legend that cannot, or should not be left to die? Or do they see it as a set-in-stone easy safe option in the film industry? Everyone knows that pretty much any bond film will make a good return.

So what is it? A dedication to the legend and fans, or a safe bet at making money?

With the way SF is being treated, with regards publicity, and the 50th anniversary, some are now thinking that things are too quiet on the publicity front and EoN should be blowing the trumpet a little louder by now.

But honestly, with the 50th anniversary and SF's immenent release coming up, I can't imagine EoN will bugger this opportunity and milestone up by not doing enough.

I'm hoping that things will be a last minute shocker 'big surprise outta the bag' thing, taking us all by surprise at the last minute.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I think Wilson & Broccoli just have a love for this legacy. Cubby Broccoli started it all & stayed with it through thick & thin. I think they just want to honour that history & get a kick out of owning such an infamous brand. I'd say there are many producers & studios who are very envious of what Wilson & Broccoli have.

As for the last big push before release, I think things will really kick in at the beginning of October. EON are old school & don't go the Peter Jackson route of putting every single titbit online for public consumption. In a way I admire them, though some who've grown up in the internet age of information immediacy may see it as old-fashioned arrogance.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    With the way SF is being treated, with regards publicity, and the 50th anniversary, some are now thinking that things are too quiet on the publicity front and EoN should be blowing the trumpet a little louder by now.

Well, since Monday there's been a new poster, a new TV Spot/Trailer, and today the new Heineken advert with Daniel Craig and Berenice Marlohe. I wouldn't say things are too quiet on the publicity front, especially as the release date is still over a month away. The big blitz will probably begin on the 5th October, "Global James Bond Day".

http://www.007.com/global-james-bond-day-announced/
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Moore Than wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Well, since Monday there's been a new poster, a new TV Spot/Trailer, and today the new Heineken advert with Daniel Craig and Berenice Marlohe. I wouldn't say things are too quiet on the publicity front, especially as the release date is still over a month away. The big blitz will probably begin on the 5th October, "Global James Bond Day".

the poster is so bad people are questioning whether its fan made or official (if its the latter, someone needs firing), the new tv spot is just the japanese version of what we've already seen and features no new material at all, and the heiny ad i've not seen yet.

hardly the big picture would you say? ;)
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    All us fans might get excited over yet another poster, I don't think
    the general public would even notice the difference.
    Where as a new song is heard everywhere, with people starting to talk
    about, "Does it sound like a Bond theme " ( I've heard this discussion every time
    on various radio ststions ) with every new Bond song. :D
    Or are they hoping the Movie will help sales of the song and not the other way
    round. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    minigeff wrote:
    It's an interesting one this, but what reason do EoN keep making bond films?

In comparison, I recall Lewis Hamilton being asked why, once winning the champion and banking over £22m a season, does he still keep racing? He's got more money than he needs to live comfortably for the rest of his life, and could easily call it a day and retire. He replied that he simply loves to race and will continue doing so until he is no longer capable or enjoying it.

Do EoN have the same mindset?

Do EoN continue to make bond films because they feel its a British film industry legend that cannot, or should not be left to die? Or do they see it as a set-in-stone easy safe option in the film industry? Everyone knows that pretty much any bond film will make a good return.

So what is it? A dedication to the legend and fans, or a safe bet at making money?

But honestly, with the 50th anniversary and SF's immenent release coming up, I can't imagine EoN will bugger this opportunity and milestone up by not doing enough.

I'm hoping that things will be a last minute shocker 'big surprise outta the bag' thing, taking us all by surprise at the last minute.

Personally I think Wilson & Brocoli are lucky schmo's who inherited the store. I would like to see what other more talented people could do with it.
    minigeff wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

the poster is so bad people are questioning whether its fan made or official (if its the latter, someone needs firing), the new tv spot is just the japanese version of what we've already seen and features no new material at all, and the heiny ad i've not seen yet.

hardly the big picture would you say? ;)

The poster is official, and if people are questioning it then it must have generated publicity. The new TV spot is approx 90% made up from the trailers but there is new footage of Silva/Bond/helicopter. The Heineken advert has been posted in the product placement topic, if you wish to see it.

Certainly not the big picture. But I wouldn't expect that at this time. Wait 'till the 5th October then you won't know where to look there will be so much publicity.
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Perhaps I'm just being dense, but I don't get it. What are we complaining about now?
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Perhaps I'm just being dense, but I don't get it. What are we complaining about now?

the lack of new promotional media and the fact that the singer of the title theme is still yet to be announced.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Thanks for enlightening me. I guess I didn't notice because I'm not particularly bothered by these things, but I can see how some die-hard fans might be. As for the general public, I doubt they care.
    minigeff wrote:

the lack of new promotional media and the fact that the singer of the title theme is still yet to be announced.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

It seems to have morphed into a vaguely anti EON thing, for which I must partially take the blame. The initial subject was really about boredom with the lack of news re the inevitable Adele theme song. It has become a more interesting discussion re what drives and motivates EON.
    So, call me slow, but what actually classifies as 'official news?' Only, I did a google search and there are many articles saying that adele is CONFIRMED to do the bond theme for Skyfall. The word CONFIRMED used and everything.

Here is an example of one of the articles, which I'm sure is old 'news' to everyone anyway:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2012/sep/18/adele-james-bond-skyfall

But as I said.... so what is 'official' news?

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Jarvio wrote:

I think a lot of us--I'm one of them--think everything should be taken with a grain of salt until EON absolutely, undeniably confirms it.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Hardyboy wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

I think a lot of us--I'm one of them--think everything should be taken with a grain of salt until EON absolutely, undeniably confirms it.

You can take this with a grain of salt. There was a bit of a buzz on Twitter yesterday, some users claimed they heard the new title song sung by Adele being played at a HMV store in Guildford. One claimed it had a feel of The Living Daylights. In the unlikely event there is any truth to it then I approve. The Living Daylights is a cracking title song.