Bond song...

Comments

• BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Some lyrics have been printed too. Apparently the song's called 'Let The Sky Fall' & will be a "dynamic ballad". Any official announcement is expected on 5th October.
  • Agent WadeAgent Wade Ann ArborPosts: 321MI6 Agent
    BIG TAM wrote:
    Some lyrics have been printed too. Apparently the song's called 'Let The Sky Fall' & will be a "dynamic ballad". Any official announcement is expected on 5th October.

I can definitely stay excited about this. Ever since I really started paying attention to Adele, I had no doubt in my mind she would be a terrific choice. The woman has dynamite behind her voice. As far as powerful vocals, she's one of the few out there right now that has both talent and credibility. I mean yes, Gaga has a great voice, but her performance style is not really conducive to anything Bondian.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    MI6 has revealed what it believes to be the cover art for Adele's Skyfall title song. Looks genuine to me. Rumour has it that the worst kept secret will be announced on Monday with the first official playing of the song next Friday, 'Global James Bond Day'

First look at Adele's cover art for 'Skyfall' title song
    http://www.mi6-hq.com/news/index.php?itemid=10450&t=mi6&s=news
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    Is this the latest we've got before hearing confirmation of the singer/ actual song?
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I'd laugh my balls off if all this adele stuff turned out to be BS :))

What do you folk think of this cover artwork then?

Bit bland and unimaginative for my liking.

Bah bloody humbollox.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    I like the cover design, but it really is a no-brainer, isn't it? It's clean, says its like it is, but can't be accused of a lot of imagination.
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    Now, I know that I'm clinging onto false hopes here - but I'll carry on until Adele is confirmed :) Anyway, although not released for a few days yet. The new Muse album starts with a track called Supremecy, live versions of it are on a certain site that rhymes with Blue Lube. It certainly sounds like a Bond song to me.

I agree this sounds very Bond indeed.
    However, my money is on Adele doing a huge brass number akin to Bassey!

They were on Radio 1 today, talking to Sarah Cox, and she talked about their music sounding very Bondian... apparently they were influenced by John Barry. Sarah even talked about if they were going to do the theme for Skyfall, but they hinted that Adele had got the job... (although still not confirmed!)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Lexi wrote:
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    Now, I know that I'm clinging onto false hopes here - but I'll carry on until Adele is confirmed :) Anyway, although not released for a few days yet. The new Muse album starts with a track called Supremecy, live versions of it are on a certain site that rhymes with Blue Lube. It certainly sounds like a Bond song to me.

They were on Radio 1 today, talking to Sarah Cox, and she talked about their music sounding very Bondian... apparently they were influenced by John Barry. Sarah even talked about if they were going to do the theme for Skyfall, but they hinted that Adele had got the job... (although still not confirmed!)

You can bet ya sweet tukus that its adele.

If its not adele I'll eat my shmeckle.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:

Not sure I wanna see that :)) :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I do, Im now on the phone to BB :v :D
    Do you have to have a rib removed to be able to do that?
    Phone BB...I mean, of course.
    No, just a very large gob :))
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Well I haven't for 5 years, that's long enough for it to be legally classed as dead!!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Well I haven't for 5 years, that's long enough for it to be legally classed as dead!!

Perhaps it needs the kiss of life...??? :))

*Shaking head... I really don't think I should have gone down this road
    New gimmick, Singe the self inflating male doll :D
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

That's an offer I can't refuse.

Name the place and time baby!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Right that's it, I'm grassing you up to Mrs Singe & Microbe G.Wilson :D
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

Quantum's headquaters... in say, 2043? :)) :))
    Lexi wrote:
    minigeff wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

Quantum's headquaters... in say, 2043? :)) :))

Nelson Mandela house it is then, although in 2043 i'll be 61 and you'll be erm..... Well.... I can get arrested for doing that. I mean there's no need to take the phrase 'over my dead body' so literally. :o

Sure you don't wanna wait that long?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • LOO7K OUTLOO7K OUT United KingdomPosts: 474MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    LOO7K OUT wrote:

I have to say that I thought Matt was quite evasive about the Bond situation. He didn't give a definaite no. I'm still clinging to that hope as I am a huge Muse fan, have been for 10 years.

Have a listen to this as soon as you can, it was up yesterday, but taken down pretty quickly. You can hear very bond like orchestration and the very last few notes says everything! Not going to be everones cup of tea, but I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89IuEPWswT4
    LOO7K OUT wrote:
    Lexi wrote:

I have to say that I thought Matt was quite evasive about the Bond situation. He didn't give a definaite no. I'm still clinging to that hope as I am a huge Muse fan, have been for 10 years.

Have a listen to this as soon as you can, it was up yesterday, but taken down pretty quickly. You can hear very bond like orchestration and the very last few notes says everything! Not going to be everones cup of tea, but I love it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89IuEPWswT4

I take it you heard them on Zane Lowe's show... a big Muse special. In case you didn't here is the link to listen again
    Zane talks to Muse

I have to say, the one song I loved.... (listening to it now...) is Panic Station very 80's sound to it... and quite superb -{
    I'm from the eighties, and superb too. :)) we should get on like a house on fire ;%

As for muse vs adele, I'd choose muse tbh. I'm sure adele will do a good job though.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Assuming it is Adele, am I right in saying this is the first British artist to perform the title song of a Bond movie since Duran Duran did AVTAK in 1985, 27 years ago?

I am all for keeping Bond as British as possible!
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/19785659

What we knew all along, but titled simply Skyfall and written by Adele and Paul Epworth (who co-wrote Rolling In The Deep).
    unitedkingdom.png
    Well it seems Adele is getting impatient... Adele confirms she is singing the Bond theme

And my 2,000 post -{
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    I am probably the only person round here who has never seen or heard Adele sing a note. It's not the first time. I hadn't seen or heard Jack White and Alicia Keys sing a note before Another Way To Die was released......not a good omen. :D
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • DTReinsmaDTReinsma Orlando, FL, USAPosts: 81MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    I am probably the only person round here who has never seen or heard Adele sing a note. It's not the first time. I hadn't seen or heard Jack White and Alicia Keys sing a note before Another Way To Die was released......not a good omen. :D

You aren't the only one. I have heard of Adele but have never once heard her sing. The first time will likely be during "Skyfall".
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Lexi wrote:
    And my 2,000 post -{

Hey Lex, congrats for your 2000th. That must feel old :D

I have finished my 4000th today ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    "Adele in Skyfall theme song shocker!"

"'Didn't see it coming' music press unanimously exclaims!"

"Biggest surprise in movie history: unknown Adele to sing Skyfall theme."

"'Damn, we thought it was ours' say Muse."