Bond song...

Comments

• BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    Well, at least it's not Muse. I've liked their work in the past, especially 2006's BLACK HOLES & REVELATIONS, but their new Bond-inspired track is a messy, bombastic offering. There's a good theme lurking within but it's overproduced to within an inch of its life & comes across asa bit of a Queen parody. I burst out laughing in HMV when I heard it. A pity.

Adele's probably the better choice to compliment what we know of the film to be like thus far.
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Loads of tweets like the one below stating that Adele's Skyfall theme song will premiere on the 4th October at 7.07pm US eastern time. That is 0.07am on the 5th October UK time.

http://twitter.com/eonline/status/252801849323814912/photo/1
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Moore Than wrote:
    I am probably the only person round here who has never seen or heard Adele sing a note. It's not the first time. I hadn't seen or heard Jack White and Alicia Keys sing a note before Another Way To Die was released......not a good omen. :D

Well good omen or not (I'm not sure how that works :# ) try This B-)
    This is the song she references in the link.

Try it, you might just be surprised by her powerful, and rather excellent voice -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Lexi wrote:
    And my 2,000 post -{

Hey Lex, congrats for your 2000th. That must feel old :D

I have finished my 4000th today ;)

:o

Congrats to you too.... 4,000? That either means you've been around for a looooong time, or you just like to talk a lot :))
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,836MI6 Agent
    DB5, old-style M's office, Q, Walther PPS, female singer singing a title song with the same name as the movie - I like it!
    Moore Than wrote:
    Loads of tweets like the one below stating that Adele's Skyfall theme song will premiere on the 4th October at 7.07pm US eastern time. That is 0.07am on the 5th October UK time.

http://twitter.com/eonline/status/252801849323814912/photo/1

It has now been officially confirmed that Adele's Skyfall theme song will premiere at 0.07am on the 5th October UK time at http://home.adele.tv/

http://twitpic.com/b05ahp
    Lexi wrote:
    Moore Than wrote:
    I am probably the only person round here who has never seen or heard Adele sing a note. It's not the first time. I hadn't seen or heard Jack White and Alicia Keys sing a note before Another Way To Die was released......not a good omen. :D

Well good omen or not (I'm not sure how that works :# ) try This B-)
    This is the song she references in the link.

Try it, you might just be surprised by her powerful, and rather excellent voice -{

Thanks for that, Lexi. And congrats on your 2,000 posts. -{

Adele does have a good strong voice. The song is pretty darn good also, I listened to it approx six times back to back while I was eating my dinner and it grew on me each time. It certainly gives me cause for optimism regarding the Skyfall theme song. Looking forward to it now.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    DB5, old-style M's office, Q, Walther PPS, female singer singing a title song with the same name as the movie - I like it!
    A British artist too, the first one in 23 years (unless you count Shirley Manson as part of US group Garbage).
    unitedkingdom.png
  • mfstudiomfstudio Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    http://soundcloud.com/sebastiaomota/adele-skyfall-preview Here is the official sample (I hope)... It sounds wonderful, can't wait for the full song!
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Can't wait for it!
    Imo Adele is one of the best singer/songwriter of our time. I can recommend her Album "21" to everybody, especially the Live CD. Very powerful and emotional.

Looking forward to 1:07am German Time :)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    thanks for that preview.

Already love it :x
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,334MI6 Agent
    Reminds me of Diamonds Are Forever!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    It has a nice feel to it...and I got goose bumps when I heard the Bond notes drift in towards the end. I am a geek, aren't I?
  • scaramanga1scaramanga1 The English RivieraPosts: 845Chief of Staff
    Really like that. Has classic written all over it. Really pleased.
    Really like that. Has classic written all over it. Really pleased.

Agreed...a much slower tempo than the last two...but great tones and feel. Can't wait to hear the full version -{
  • 00-Shane00-Shane Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    Now THIS is a bond song! Sure to be a classic. WOW!
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Wow Wow Wow!!!
  • mfstudiomfstudio Posts: 28MI6 Agent
    It so awesome song. I also have to wait till 1:07 (Czech republic), but this will worth it. My iPod is waiting!
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

Adele WILL be singing the SF theme!!!!!

and back to sleep..... Zzzzzzzzz 8-)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Lexi wrote:
    Agreed...a much slower tempo than the last two...but great tones and feel. Can't wait to hear the full version -{
    Agreed. Loving what I hear so far. Nice nod to the Bond theme backing too.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,421Quartermasters
    I like...a lot! The way they've incorporated part of the James Bond theme is great, and I like Adele's voice as well. I had a good feeling about this one from the start. Now I can't wait to hear the full song!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff
    Lexi wrote:
    Agreed. Loving what I hear so far. Nice nod to the Bond theme backing too.

I agree with both of you...can see this building to an epic finish !
    YNWA 97
    And the link is dead... Well, good while it lasted! Roll on Friday!
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,675Chief of Staff

Yes it is...but I just used the search function and found it :D
    YNWA 97
  • ErikErik Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    You can still search on soundcloud.com. Search for Adele Skyfall.
    edited October 2012

This link currently works for me. Classy song.
    http://soundcloud.com/heyylenny/skyfall-preview?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/heyylenny/skyfall-preview

According to MI6, the full song is 4 minutes 46 seconds long. A shorter version will be used for the title sequence.
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I like what I hear so far. Kind of reminds me of TWINE
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    minigeff wrote:
    OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!!!!

Adele WILL be singing the SF theme!!!!!

and back to sleep..... Zzzzzzzzz 8-)

Yeh, but at least we don't get to see you eating your shmeckle :)) :))