Skyfall Product Placement

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

i'm more interested in the plot, acting etc than a bit of product placement.

Interesting to see that you are not anymore interested in props - well as long as my MR cam gets done :D

Props and proper gadgets interest me, your daft camera and an off the shelf bit of product placement doesn't really do it for me.

Now shut it about that bloody camera, unless you've got me that steinhart in which case I'm all ears ;%
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ... add that CR Aston Martin wreck with the cam/vial and we have a deal.

But the watch will be too large for you - I have already told ya ;)
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    ... add that CR Aston Martin wreck with the cam/vial and we have a deal.

But the watch will be too large for you - I have already told ya ;)

well in that case it'll have to be an omega speedmaster reduced then, obviously a smaller watch will mean less in return, so just a camera and vial it is then? :v
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    ... well you can dream

And still a reduced Speedy would look on you like that one:

FlavaFlav.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    you bloody racist
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    It appears the James Bond Heineken advert has been shown to test audiences. A twitter user has posted a description of what they saw.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i6c27j
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • CarsonDyleCarsonDyle AustraliaPosts: 153MI6 Agent
    Man, this chaps my arse! As far as I can remember nobody on this forum went into a tailspin. In fact I believe we all called this a press beatup where no story existed.

http://www.lovefilm.com/news/w/mendes-bond-has-not-ditched-martinis.html

This is what happens when you don't have to state your sources. What fans? Where?

OK. Got a grip now. I'll move on.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    CarsonDyle wrote:
    Man, this chaps my arse! As far as I can remember nobody on this forum went into a tailspin. In fact I believe we all called this a press beatup where no story existed.

Oh, I don't know, Carson. . .at least one member here ranted and raged about Heineken. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    as with all things People and fans, WE all have different standards ( not better or worse, simply different )
    Some fans would be happy to have Bond sell any old rubbish ( so long as it helped pay for the film )
    while others feel having Bond sell any old rubbish, belittles the series, and are not so Happy. :007)
    Although from what I've read of this advert it is nowhere near as Bad as I thought it would be.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    The biggest non-issue in the film series, in my opinion. Brand names are as old as the novels themselves; if anything, it affirms the DNA from which Cinematic Bond first sprang.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    as with all things People and fans, WE all have different standards ( not better or worse, simply different )
    Some fans would be happy to have Bond sell any old rubbish ( so long as it helped pay for the film )
    while others feel having Bond sell any old rubbish, belittles the series, and are not so Happy. :007)
    Although from what I've read of this advert it is nowhere near as Bad as I thought it would be.

So, if Bond had ordered a bottle of Antarctic Nail Ale -- which at $800 a bottle is the world's most expensive beer -- you wouldn't have a problem (apparently it's brewed using Antarctic ice).
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    In the novels Bond drinks beer, just an ordinary Red Stripe. I just hope he orders "een pilsje" and not "a Heineken".
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Gala Brand wrote :
    So, if Bond had ordered a bottle of Antarctic Nail Ale -- which at $800 a bottle is the world's most expensive beer -- you wouldn't have a problem (apparently it's brewed using Antarctic ice).

Fleming had Bond living the good life, even having Bond spending
    money he couldn't really afford to get the Best. Where as Heineken is
    a plain Bland mass market product. As I've already stated I'm sure many
    would be pefectly happy to see Bond order a Bargin Bucket, washed down
    with a warm Heineken as he takes a luck lady to the nearest Howard Johnson. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GordoLeiterGordoLeiter Posts: 462MI6 Agent
    M : "You must go to Tokyo at once 007"
    Bond : "Ok."
    M : "Oh one more thing 007"
    Bond : "Yes?"
    M : "I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to GEICO" :)
    Bond : o.O
  • 00730073 COPPosts: 1,024MI6 Agent
    Fleming had Bond living the good life, even having Bond spending
    money he couldn't really afford to get the Best. Where as Heineken is
    a plain Bland mass market product. As I've already stated I'm sure many
    would be pefectly happy to see Bond order a Bargin Bucket, washed down
    with a warm Heineken as he takes a luck lady to the nearest Howard Johnson. :))

So, when Fleming had Bond drinking Miller, Löwenbrau and Redstripe, it was only because Fleming himself didn't know any better beers?
    I think the key here is, that in the novels it is stated both that Bond "was not a gourmand" and that he has an exact taste for what he likes "old maidish, really". So if Bond wants a light but refreshing lager, the Heineken is right up his alley.
    I really don't get this "if Bond has it it has to be expensive" -thing.
    Think about it for a moment; martini was originally developed to make bathtub gin more palatable. It is not luxury to have a martini, everybody made martinis in the '60s.
    "I mean, she almost kills bond...with her ass."
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    As I stated in my previous posts, Some people are happy to have Bond Shill anything and
    will always find a reason to justify it. While Others will just not be happy with it. :007)
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    As I stated in my previous posts, Some people are happy to have Bond Shill anything and
    will always find a reason to justify it. While Others will just not be happy with it. :007)

And consider how Craig has gone from being a pre-Bond North London indie-luuvvie via watch salesman to "I'll flog owt" (as long as I'm paid) sales rep.

It corrupts, this money stuff. :o
    O
    Aww crap! What beer would you qualify then? Why not whine about TF? Beer is just beer, get over it!
    -Mr Arlington Beech
    See 0073, you're justifing it. :))
    It's too big to get over, I'll have to go round. ;)
    See 0073, you're justifing it. :))
    It's too big to get over, I'll have to go round. ;)

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) {[]
    -Mr Arlington Beech
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    "Make mine a Heinie....no wait make it sixpack of them" :D
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    "I am a secret service agent that's gone AWOL. I've grown the world's crappiest beard. I'm looking knackered, more knackered than my standard, daily look - I'm THAT knackered. I might be finished as an effective agent. I might be past it. I have issues. And I'm wearing a leather jacket in a beach bar where everyone else is in shorts and shirts. So do I really look like I should be ordering a vodka martini?"

"Right, then. What's the lager that's paid most to be name-checked in this movie? Heineken? Right, I'll have one of them, please."
  • MANDY1MANDY1 TISPosts: 2,608MI6 Agent
    "I am a secret service agent that's gone AWOL. I've grown the world's crappiest beard. I'm looking knackered, more knackered than my standard, daily look - I'm THAT knackered. I might be finished as an effective agent. I might be past it. I have issues. And I'm wearing a leather jacket in a beach bar where everyone else is in shorts and shirts. So do I really look like I should be ordering a vodka martini?"

"Right, then. What's the lager that's paid most to be name-checked in this movie? Heineken? Right, I'll have one of them, please."

LMAO :))
    Knowing who to trust is Everything in this business.

TIS - "The moment you think you got it figured - you're wrong"

Formerly known as Teppo
    Found this 007 Mentos commercial someone made, thought it would fit in with this topic lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCEt5Kknn0k
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    As I stated in an earlier post...the biggest non-issue in the film series, because Fleming Did It First :007)
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    The Coca Cola company today announced a new collaboration between Coca Cola Zero and Skyfall with the theme 'Unlock the 007 in you'. The marketing campaign will include TV and cinema advertising, a digital and social media campaign, and promotion on packaging.

Coca-Cola Zero launch marketing campaign Skyfall
    http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.marketingtribune.nl/nieuws/coca-cola-zero-start-marketingcamapgne-rond-skyfall/

007.jpg
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
  • TT37820TT37820 Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    edited August 2012
    Does anyone else think that, with Bond's (and other characters') mobile phone use, the makers of SF have gone in the opposite direction? There is NO indication whatsoever so far of what phone any of the characters use, and I can't help wonder why they gave Bond a Secret Service-esque wired earpiece in so many scenes (or so it seems from the spy shots and trailers).

With Sony jettisoning Ericsson and needing to promote Sony Mobile (all while facing increasing losses), wouldn't they have pushed harder to show Bond using the latest phone (Xperia T or Mint as rumored) so fans would get in line to buy it?

Am I wrong to think they may have just shown some restraint here after CR/QoS, what do you think?
    Moore Than wrote:
    The Coca Cola company today announced a new collaboration between Coca Cola Zero and Skyfall with the theme 'Unlock the 007 in you'. The marketing campaign will include TV and cinema advertising, a digital and social media campaign, and promotion on packaging.

Coca-Cola Zero launch marketing campaign Skyfall
    http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http://www.marketingtribune.nl/nieuws/coca-cola-zero-start-marketingcamapgne-rond-skyfall/

007.jpg

For some reason i just cant see 007 downing a coke
    A clue to the mobile Bond might be using could be..........
    Sony had an offer with the xperia, which came with the Bond dvd Box set.
    so he could be using one of them. :))
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    Who cares that EON gets big bucks from companies to have Bond use their products in the films. Would it be better if everything he used was generic. Nobody seems to have an issue with the expensive watches he wears. Complete non-issue for me.
    Bond's been all about marketing and products since the Connery days. Remember the aftershave, the toys, the giant beach towels. It a good thing IMO that these companies are falling all over themselves to have their products be seen in a Bond film...it means that Bond is still relevant and will continue to be relevant and that means we will keep getting Bond films. -{