Skyfall teaser trailer preview

Comments

• ant007ukant007uk Great BritainPosts: 67MI6 Agent
    A stunning teaser trailer if I ever saw one. However, stunning trailers don't necessarily make stunning films. Got to admit though, my gut feeling is VERY positive about this film :)
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    The trailer looks good - Skyfall certainly comes across as very visually stylish and modern.
    However, unlike the teaser trailers for CR and QOS, I get no feeling from this of the film being a 'Bond' film.

Considering its the 50th anniversary and we've been told to expect 'classic' bond, I can't help but feel lightly underwhelmed by this trailer. I know its just a teaser, but it certainly doesn't scream 'classic Bond'.

This Bond-less feel to the franchise has concerned me though-out DC's tenure so far. QOS felt like a generic action movie, not a 'Bond' movie, and from what I've seen so-far from Skyfall - it's looking the same way.
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,272MI6 Agent
    Its on 007.com now. Much better with the official production company pre-titles. Feels more like on the big screen so to speak.
    http://www.007.com/first-skyfall-trailer-is-live/
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
    I notice Severine is standing next to a completely shattered window, hence the wind effect...
    unitedkingdom.png
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,746MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    Loving the look of this so far. It seems quite dark in tone but very stylish. They've avoided the all out James Bond theme for the soundtrack to this and it works, I quite like the 'twisted' synth stuff toward the end. Hadn't seen David Suchet's name on the cast list either, but that is definitely him isn't it?

Roll on October. I'm very excited now.

The James Bond Theme is in the teaser trailer. Well the first three notes anyway. If you listen closely, you'll notice that the precussion/synthesized gunshot sounds are the first three notes of the James Bond Theme.

I like the teaser trailer, but I don't think you get the full impact unless you're sitting in a darkened theater with an audience, especially since the audio effects have as much to do with the feel as the visuals in this one.
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    1) Wouldn't Bond, who is half Scotish, say "Britain" when asked about country?
    This jarred slightly when I first read about the preview in Las Vegas. However...

1) Personally I dislike the term "Britain" as a reference to nation, it seems quite a flippant way to refer to the entity which Scotland, England, Wales and Northern Ireland make up, which is the United Kingdom. Britain, UK, United Kingdom would probably all sound a little odd in a word play like that.

2) England is a country. As is Scotland, and Wales. They are non-sovereign constituent countries, granted, but countries nonetheless.

3) We don't know in what context he is saying it.

4) It's not as jarring when that hypocritical old nationalist *** says "The things I do for England" in Thunderball.

So as a unionist Scot, it doesn't bother me :)

And, of course, Bond himself doesn't realise he's half Scottish until the very last few Bond books, starting with OHMSS.

Up until then, he's happily believed himself to be English, refering to himself as that in the early novels.

So maybe sequentially, the Bond of SKYFALL, still early in his career, doesn't realise he might have a bit of Scottish blood?

Hey, maybe he only becomes part Scottish when he's played by a Scotsman in the continuity, around DR NO? Which is where all the Bond is part Scots stuff started (and I do not accept Charles Helfstein's take on this: Bond is only Scottish as a consequence of SC).

But, hang on, isn't the Bond family seat, the house that's attacked, IN Scotland, in SKYFALL??? Maybe THAT'S what jogs his memory about hsi background, AFTER he's declared his country to be "England"?

:D :o ;)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Is that Bond jogging in his gym gear?? Looks like we might finally get to see him in training as many requested.

Im guessing he has indeed been AWOL between Quantum and Skyfall in some way
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Here is a video from BBC Breakfast featuring the teaser trailer. Includes an interview with Michael G Wilson and film critic James King. Plus the Golden Gun, Oddjob's hat, Rosa Klebb's shoe, and James Bond's passport.

Bond on Breakfast
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00sx7z9
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Is that Bond jogging in his gym gear?? Looks like we might finally get to see him in training as many requested.

Im guessing he has indeed been AWOL between Quantum and Skyfall in some way
    It is, yes. The firing range target suggests some kind of evaluation facility maybe? What with him walking through a tunnel in the poster as well, similar kind of disused underground station from Die Another Day? :s
    unitedkingdom.png
    Wonder when the next teaser comes out? More intrigued then before!!

I like how they have kept us guessing about Javier with a great shot of him revealing absolutely sod all :))
    According to MI6 Daniel Craig has wrapped up filming on Skyfall!
    The Highland setting glimpsed is Glen Etive, about 12 miles south east of Glencoe village on the A82 from Glasgow.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • Martin AstonMartin Aston LondonPosts: 408MI6 Agent
    Have been blown away by that teaser. Its being set up to be a blockbuster of a movie
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    The trailer looks good - Skyfall certainly comes across as very visually stylish and modern.
    However, unlike the teaser trailers for CR and QOS, I get no feeling from this of the film being a 'Bond' film.

Considering its the 50th anniversary and we've been told to expect 'classic' bond, I can't help but feel lightly underwhelmed by this trailer. I know its just a teaser, but it certainly doesn't scream 'classic Bond'.

This Bond-less feel to the franchise has concerned me though-out DC's tenure so far. QOS felt like a generic action movie, not a 'Bond' movie, and from what I've seen so-far from Skyfall - it's looking the same way.

"No feeling" it's a Bond film? Main character in a Tuxedo, main character standing next to an Aston Martin DB-5, international locations, Walther PPK, quip about killing people. Even if I didn't know Craig is 007 I would think after viewing the trailer, "Hmm, looks like a Bond film."
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,886Chief of Staff
    Looking good. Interesting that everyone's saying that this will be a more light-hearted film, but the trailer looks awfully dark and moody. Ah, I'm feeling that old thrill!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • zig zagzig zag EnglandPosts: 244MI6 Agent
    Watched it this morning on the bbc, got goose bumps eating my porridge. Love it, can't wait for it to come out, then come out again on blu-ray. As has been mentioned I hope we do see bond in some sort of training, weights/marksmanship, whatever. Bloody good to see it. As you say hardyboy, I'm feeling that old thrill. :) :D
    "Yes,dammit,I said "was".The bitch is dead now."

"It's not difficult to get a double 0 number if your prepared to kill people"
  • SeanConnery007SeanConnery007 The Bond Archive - London, EngPosts: 169MI6 Agent
    Gala Brand wrote:

"No feeling" it's a Bond film? Main character in a Tuxedo, main character standing next to an Aston Martin DB-5, international locations, Walther PPK, quip about killing people. Even if I didn't know Craig is 007 I would think after viewing the trailer, "Hmm, looks like a Bond film."

Well, international locations, guns and killing people are a staple of all action films these days, these are not specifically Bond-related. And, to be honest, shoe-horning in the Aston Martin, that only really has significance in Goldfinger (why would Bond have this vehicle in other missions!?), is a 'sticker-logo' attempt to relate the film to 'Bond'.

Like I said, perhaps with this only being a teaser trailer, the film itself will hold out on expectations of seeming more like a Bond film worthy of the franchise. Bring on October -{
    Nobody Writes Threads Better.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    Loving it after watching it dozens of times all day.
    It now has pride of place on my iPhone, along with the teaser poster as my home screen wallpaper!

:)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :))
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,763Chief of Staff
    It's a nice enough teaser trailer...easily the weakest teaser of the three films so far though, IMO...not that that dampens my spirit at all....and only the one mention of 007 right at the end...it's almost like they don't want you know it's Bond....I wonder why..?...
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    not that that dampens my spirit at all.....

maybe you are only getting older, Sir Miles? :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    zig zag wrote:
    Watched it this morning on the bbc, got goose bumps eating my porridge. Love it, can't wait for it to come out, then come out again on blu-ray. As has been mentioned I hope we do see bond in some sort of training, weights/marksmanship, whatever. Bloody good to see it. As you say hardyboy, I'm feeling that old thrill. :) :D

I'm also hoping for a training scene, and have been for some time (along with a glimpse of His home)
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    It's a nice enough teaser trailer...easily the weakest teaser of the three films so far though, IMO...not that that dampens my spirit at all....and only the one mention of 007 right at the end...it's almost like they don't want you know it's Bond....I wonder why..?...

Has he been refered to as 007 so far in the Craig era ? I'd like to see it either make a come back, or be used more obviously
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    not that that dampens my spirit at all.....

maybe you are only getting older, Sir Miles? :D

That's true...but, sadly, not wiser :#
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    the last part does not surprise me at all :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    zaphod wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Has he been refered to as 007 so far in the Craig era ? I'd like to see it either make a come back, or be used more obviously

I meant that there is no mention that it's a Bond film (or of him being called Bond at any point in the trailer) - other than the 007 at the end....
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Nothing wrong in having a senior Moment from time to time. :p

Don't know if this is the right place to stick it ( Please insert Joke here ) :D
    But I found a great Bond Tribute video on youtube,celebrating 50 years
    which so far hasn't had many views.

http://youtu.be/3TO4EkywaZY
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • SpectreBlofeldSpectreBlofeld AroundPosts: 364MI6 Agent
    Well, I'm pumped.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    Is he some sort of prison ware at the start ??
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I see somebody falls down what looks like some kind of shaft, I hope thats not too over the top.
    There's moving traffic underneath, so I'm guessing it's off the top of a building in Shanghai.
    unitedkingdom.png
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    With Skyfall taking place largely in and around london etc. I wonder
    will Bond's old Literary special branch mate get a mention ? and will
    that Dr questioning Bond turn out to be .............. From the Books ?

I don't want to spoil anything so not using Names.

But I think it would be fun to see some old characters from the Books get a name check. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."