Skyfall teaser trailer preview

123457»

Comments

• LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Ere, I thought you were off this thread...

.......gone!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent
    edited May 2012
    Well to me the trailer does what it says on the tin. Nice visuals, excellent sequences of Mr C delivering dialogue well, and the briefest snippets of action and excitement. The music is good, but its percussion seems very flash in the pan and gimmicky. - The one thing that I find a bit iffy in Goldeneye. The "hammer thuds" on the audio are a bit distracting as well. All in all fingers crossed hopefully. (Once Quantum Twice Shy!)

Re Bond saying "England" it IS word association. Either he is saying what's uppermost in his inner psyche, or more likely, in my opinion, demonstrating his ability to shield, if not subvert it. The shrink does look a bit worried when he repeats Skyfall, and M has a very shrewd expression, like Bond has proved a point of some kind.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • zaphodzaphod Posts: 1,183MI6 Agent
    Hmm, seen it with sound up now.

Don't think much of Craig as an actor, I tend to see him 'acting'. Rarely saw Moore do that.

As for the mystery, and this is guesswork, methinks
    that it looks as if Bond is among a number of 00s who got brainwashed and is being deprogrammed, the code word being Skyfall which is meant to trigger his Manchurian Candidate tendencies... Hence 'done' in that robotic intoning. Maybe he spends the movie battling against that a bit like The Ipcress File.

Like the music... but that won't be in the film. :#

Quite right, nobody ever saw Roger acting
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    Did anyone see it in theatres?
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    Anyone having trouble watching this online, as in it won't get going, freezes, especially when Craig says his 'we're going to kill them first' bit.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Anyone having trouble watching this online, as in it won't get going, freezes, especially when Craig says his 'we're going to kill them first' bit.

On what site? Try a few YouTube, news sites, and other source links.
  • jasper_lamar_crabbjasper_lamar_crabb Posts: 169MI6 Agent
    I'm a bit worried about some of the digital cinematography in this, as some shots are too saturated and you can't really push digital in the same way you can with 35mm.

I am not a fan of digital cinematography - it lacks the warmth and cinematic panache of 35mm - and while Deakins is a fine DOP, I can't help thinking he's making a mistake abandoning 35mm, which he's used for all his best work to date.
  • Moonraker 5Moonraker 5 Ayrshire, ScotlandPosts: 1,821MI6 Agent
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Loved the lego version, especially the tube crashing. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    It's a good teaser but it gives less away than the previous two teasers for the Craig films. With the release of the latest The Bourne Legacy trailer, the theatrical trailer will need to be very impressive in order to convince audiences Skyfall will deliver high octane action.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Loved the lego version, especially the tube crashing. :))

Uncanny how they captured all of Craig's facial expressions with a single Lego figure.
  • HowardBHowardB USAPosts: 2,744MI6 Agent
    I'm a bit worried about some of the digital cinematography in this, as some shots are too saturated and you can't really push digital in the same way you can with 35mm.

I am not a fan of digital cinematography - it lacks the warmth and cinematic panache of 35mm - and while Deakins is a fine DOP, I can't help thinking he's making a mistake abandoning 35mm, which he's used for all his best work to date.

My knowledge of digital cinematography is minimal at best, but the films I have seen that were shot digitally looked pretty good to me. "The Driver", "The Avengers", and "Hugo" were all shot using the ARRI Alexa that was used to shoot "Skyfall". What was most telling re "The Avengers" is that I saw the film in IMAX Digital 3D and it looked great; no pixelation, very bright, no telltale signs that I was watching something shot digitally. "The Driver" which I saw in a very good state of the art theater with a large screen I actually had no idea was even shot digitally until after I read it .

In addition to Roger Deakins, another exceptional DOP, Caleb Deschanel, is now shooting digitally using the ARRI Alexa.

Trust me, I was very suspect of digital cinematography and projection until only recently.....but for me seeing is believing and while I still believe great 35mm photography that is well projected is probably still superior I have confidence that "Skyfall" will look great on the big screen.
  • MoniqueMonique USAPosts: 696MI6 Agent

I like the Lego version of DC better. :)

Kidding........
    Is it just my OCD, or has anyone noticed (and irritated by, until an answer comes along...) that between 0.26s and 0.28s, Bond and his interrogator have switched seats? Suggests that the "Skyfall" line of questioning is different to the word association game...?
    unitedkingdom.png
    So it isn't playing in theaters? I heard that it hasn't been playing with Men in Black III.
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:
    So it isn't playing in theaters? I heard that it hasn't been playing with Men in Black III.

My son saw MIB III (didn't like it) last Saturday and the Bond trailer preceded it.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Is it just my OCD, or has anyone noticed (and irritated by, until an answer comes along...) that between 0.26s and 0.28s, Bond and his interrogator have switched seats? Suggests that the "Skyfall" line of questioning is different to the word association game...?

They haven't switched seats. The camera starts on the right side of the table, then switches to the left side of the table.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
    Gala Brand wrote:
    Mr Beech wrote:

My son saw MIB III (didn't like it) last Saturday and the Bond trailer preceded it.

Thanks. I guess it isn't guaranteed to play with it, as I have been told by someone that they didn't see it when they were at MIB III. It's worth trying then. I really hate watching trailers at home if I know I could see it more spectacularly in theaters.

I don't care for MIB, so I suppose I'm really buying a ticket to see the trailer...
  • Moore ThanMoore Than EnglandPosts: 3,173MI6 Agent
    Mr Martini wrote:

They haven't switched seats. The camera starts on the right side of the table, then switches to the left side of the table.

Indeed. The first shot is looking from M, Mallory, and Tanner's point of view then it switches to the opposite side looking back toward them though you cannot see them through the one way glass.
    Moore Not Less 4371 posts (2002 - 2007) Moore Than (2012 - 2016)
    Moore Than wrote:
    Mr Martini wrote:

Indeed. The first shot is looking from M, Mallory, and Tanner's point of view then it switches to the opposite side looking back toward them though you cannot see them through the one way glass.
    Doh! ;%
    unitedkingdom.png
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    You are correct Mr. Martini. Cameras are allow to film from any angle and the audience is the flying bird. When James Bond says, "Done". I think he knows darn well he is being watched. It is the professional privilege of M and Tanner. Do you really think M still trusts him after killing those men in Quantum of Solace. Mi6 needed the information from those thugs.
    Mr Martini wrote:

Just saw the trailer for the first time! Saw it with MIB III.

Looks good so far. Or so I hope!
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent
    All very well, but Craig's plummy, deep voice makes it sound like 'gun', not 'done'. I do find it hard to make the mumbley one out sometimes.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • xxxxxxxx Posts: 20MI6 Agent
    It's a good teaser but it gives less away than the previous two teasers for the Craig films. With the release of the latest The Bourne Legacy trailer, the theatrical trailer will need to be very impressive in order to convince audiences Skyfall will deliver high octane action.

Really even with with quick cuts in the Skyfall teaser I got the feeling of "high octane" action. The Bourne Legacy looked alright but funnily enough the stunts shown looked more unrealistic than the ones shown in the Skyfall teaser. It usually is the opposite because Bourne is supposed to be more realistic. I'm sure they will have some awesome and unbelievable stunts in the next Skyfall trailer though. Of course this is just my theory and I am sure you can shoot holes in it.
    Finally saw the "Skyfall" teaser in a proper theater. Actually more than proper, it was a Digital IMAX theater with a 70 foot wide screen. I'm not going to get into the specifics of the teaser trailer as that has been discussed. What I will say is the trailer looks great in its IMAX conversion: no pixelation, stunning resolution, shown in 2.40 to 1 scope aspect ratio and looking very much like a great 35mm or even 70mm print.

The new "Bourne" full trailer was also shown. I like the "Bourne" films, but the trailer IMO looks like they are trying too hard and maybe a little worried about the effect the loss of Matt Damon will have on the box office. Several times during the trailer references and even pictures of Matt Damon/Jason Bourne were shown.

I understand what xxxx was referring to regarding the action in the "Bourne" trailer which kind of reminded me more of a "Mission Impossible" sequel. But of course it's only a trailer and not always representative of the finished product.
  • james362001james362001 Lancaster, California USAPosts: 338MI6 Agent
    I'm interested in the IMAX theater you were in. If I may ask, did you go to a Cinemark theater and did the IMAX room have elevated seating like the rest of the Cinemark Theaters are?
    I'm asking because I have never been in an IMAX theater and don't want to waste my money on buying tickets in advance for SKYFALL if it is all flat on the ground seating for a 70 ft wide screen.
    HowardB wrote:
    Finally saw the "Skyfall" teaser in a proper theater. Actually more than proper, it was a Digital IMAX theater with a 70 foot wide screen. I'm not going to get into the specifics of the teaser trailer as that has been discussed. What I will say is the trailer looks great in its IMAX conversion: no pixelation, stunning resolution, shown in 2.40 to 1 scope aspect ratio and looking very much like a great 35mm or even 70mm print.

The new "Bourne" full trailer was also shown. I like the "Bourne" films, but the trailer IMO looks like they are trying too hard and maybe a little worried about the effect the loss of Matt Damon will have on the box office. Several times during the trailer references and even pictures of Matt Damon/Jason Bourne were shown.

I understand what xxxx was referring to regarding the action in the "Bourne" trailer which kind of reminded me more of a "Mission Impossible" sequel. But of course it's only a trailer and not always representative of the finished product.
    It was an AMC IMAX theater at the AMC Neshaminy 24 in Lower Bucks Co PA. Unfortunately all IMAX theaters are not created equal. The IMAX at AMC Neshaminy 24 is Digital IMAX and features the elevated "stadium" seating.

Many Digital IMAX theaters are regular auditoriums that have been gutted and converted to IMAX.
    The IMAX at AMC Neshaminy 24 is such a conversion but the original auditorium was rather large, tall, and wide which allowed
    the installation of the IMAX 70'x35' screen. There are other other Digital IMAX installations at other multiplexes with screens as small as 40'x20' which IMO are not worth the inflated ticket price.

With regard to elevated/stadium style seating, I may be wrong, but I believe that all official IMAX theaters have this style seating.

I'm not familiar with the Cinemark chain of theaters, but if you have concerns I would contact the theater or speak to the theater manager at the theater to be sure. The manager should be able to give you details re seating and screen size. There also may be some information on the net re the spec's of various IMAX theaters.
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    In regards to Cinemark and IMAX, I found this on their website:

http://cinemark.com/theatres.aspx?type=5 Their Imax theaters are listed on the right.

Not sure if those are the only True Imax theaters here in the U.S. run by Cinemark are not. When I look at the local Cinemarks around here they have Cinemark XD-Real 3D, RealD 3-D and Digital, no Imax. I think Regal Cinemas also have Imax screens to.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    According to MI6-HQ, a new trailer is online featuring new footage.

http://www.mi6-hq.com/sections/articles/bond_23_sep19_international_teaser_trailer.php3?t=&s=&id=03285