The Rant Box

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I see the American Republican party, is holding its first debate with all
    the contenders, Including Donald J Trump.......... Can't help feeling The
    Omen, is coming true. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    You can say a lot against the Republican party, but they do have the most entertaining candidates :))
    It might be a sign of the apocalypse when the most moderate and serious candidate is George Bush Jr's brother .....
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I was really looking forward to The man from uncle, .. Until the trailer :#
    Doesn't look to be my thing at all, almost as if they were taking the piss
    Of the old series.

im glad im not the only one TP ,from the trailer it seems that they have totally missed the spirit of the original series.
    if your not going to keep within the parameters of the old show ,you might have well just called the new film the spies or something like that X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,617Chief of Staff
    I was really looking forward to The man from uncle, .. Until the trailer :#
    Doesn't look to be my thing at all, almost as if they were taking the piss
    Of the old series.

im glad im not the only one TP ,from the trailer it seems that they have totally missed the spirit of the original series.
    if your not going to keep within the parameters of the old show ,you might have well just called the new film the spies or something like that X-(

Yes...but he did a tremendous job with Sherlock Holmes though - in my opinion anyway...so I'm happy to give him the benefit of any doubt...but it does look like a 'reimagining' than a straight copy....
    YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I am undecided on this. I liked Battlestar Galactica, I Love Thunderbirds TAG-15 as much as the original series, I loathe Abrahms Trek.

Kingsman went down the TSWLM / Moonraker excess of Sir Roger era Bond. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I missed Spy, but I suspect it went down the Johnny English road. From what little I have seen I suspect UNCLE will be part X Men First Class, part period piece 60s spy caper. I want to give it a go for the cast, but I suspect it may be an origin story, which ends with the formation of U.N.C.L.E. as a new organisation.
    Either way, I think it will kill any possible notion of a period piece Bond film in the future for the The House Of EoN.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    I'm a fan of Guy Ritchie, love his other movies, but it might just be
    That I loved the old series so much ( even read the books). So I guess
    I'm afraid it will be so far removed from the original spirit of the show.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,381Chief of Staff
    It doesn't look promising at all, from what I've seen so far (mainly the trailers)- but I'd be prepared to give it a go for old times sake.
    http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/robert-downey-confirms-sherlock-holmes-3-plans-1468992
    On the good news front, there is a third Sherlock Holmes film in the works. -{
    There has been a lot of write ups in all the tabloids ,regarding the London Tube strike ,now personally ,im on the side of the unions
    A lot of people have been moaning on the amount of pay and days off ,these guys get ,are these the same people that quite happily catch the tube on Boxing day so they can wander aimlessly around London ,but would scream blue murder,and moan about their human rights ,if the had to work over Christmas .
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-33877743
    In England, The farmers bought milk and gave it away to people, to
    Get across the point about the low prices they get. Very much a Robin
    Hood action, guaranteed to get support and good will .......... Except in
    N.Ireland where local farmers blocked the entrance to a distribution
    Centre for a supermarket ! :# not so much Robin Hood more just basic
    " Hoods" action. :))
    I am regularly amazed at the amount of people who live in this Capitalist
    System, yet seem to have no idea how the free market works. 8-)
    You can only sell something for what people are willing to pay ! and after
    This action, I won't be paying extra for milk, I'll be buying the cheapest I can
    Get, and I can guarantee that even those on the news sound bites, saying they
    Would pay extra. Won't ! :))
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-33877743
    In England, The farmers bought milk and gave it away to people, to
    Get across the point about the low prices they get. Very much a Robin
    Hood action, guaranteed to get support and good will .......... Except in
    N.Ireland where local farmers blocked the entrance to a distribution
    Centre for a supermarket ! :# not so much Robin Hood more just basic
    " Hoods" action. :))
    I am regularly amazed at the amount of people who live in this Capitalist
    System, yet seem to have no idea how the free market works. 8-)
    You can only sell something for what people are willing to pay ! and after
    This action, I won't be paying extra for milk, I'll be buying the cheapest I can
    Get, and I can guarantee that even those on the news sound bites, saying they
    Would pay extra. Won't ! :))

Sorry TP, but I totally disagree with you.

The supermarkets DICTATE what we buy and how we buy it. They are a superforce which suppliers have NO bargaining power... you either supply cheap, or you don't get the contract, regardless of the cost of the produce. I am disgusted at how they treat farmers. I don't need cheap milk to get my business... and I'm sure most people really wouldn't mind paying an extra 4p per pint... I mean bottled water costs less than milk... that is just WRONG!

They are irresponsible on so many levels, with extra packaging being one of my biggest bug bears (I always buy loose veg when I can, never use the plastic bags they provide, and will pack in the boxes at the end of the checkout if I forget my bags from home.)

I always try and buy fruit in season, and from local growers... but I'm spending a lot more of my money now at local fruit/veg stands.

The supermarkets will need to change... and I believe it is beginning, the backlash of Tesco treating us like idiots is proof. But a lot more people are now buying local, and from independent stores again, and I for one are really pleased about that.

However, having said all this, I'm lucky I live in a democracy where I have THE CHOICE - as do we all. Just a shame how many are still being led through the nose... and being duped by the supermarkets. Or just plain lazy to do anything about it. 8-)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    You'll be voting for Jeremy Corbyn then Lexi ? :))
    ( I am only joking Lexi, I have no political views ;) )
    But ......

What I was complaining about was an entrance to a distribution centre
    Being blocked. I am against this sort of thing, whether it's striking workers
    or angry self-employed farmers.
    Protest by all means but don't block access for other workers, such as the other
    Self-employed lorry drivers etc.
    I would love to know why, they weren't moved by the Police ? Or can I too block
    Access to a building if I'm in dispute with them. :))
    You'll be voting for Jeremy Corbyn then Lexi ? :))
    ( I am only joking Lexi, I have no political views ;) )
    But ......

What I was complaining about was an entrance to a distribution centre
    Being blocked. I am against this sort of thing, whether it's striking workers
    or angry self-employed farmers.
    Protest by all means but don't block access for other workers, such as the other
    Self-employed lorry drivers etc.
    I would love to know why, they weren't moved by the Police ? Or can I too block
    Access to a building if I'm in dispute with them. :))

:)) :)) erm, no! Hahaha...

However desperate times calls for desperate measures...and this has brought the topic up...which is good. People can then hear what goes on and how cut throat supermarkets are.

Negative attention is still attention...and it's caused lots of social media debate, and that's what I'm thankful for...we live in a country that allows that, as well as giving us choices ;)
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    We went down the Den ,last night ,to watch Millwall play Barnet , now I havnt been to Millwall for years ,partly due to possibly being recognised ,(oi hes the filth get him ) :) ,but it was like Millwall groundhog day :D ,same rubbishy football ,same rubbishy half time food , dreadfull language from the terraces ,and that was just from the police :) Only at Millwall can you get away with abusing your own team .£ £30.00 wasted on a rainy night out , its Coventry city on Saturday :#
    http://www.theguardian.com/business/2015/aug/12/tk-maxx-je-suis-over-it-t-shirt-charlie-hebdo-complaint
    It always amazes me, how much more ey top executives are paid to run
    These big companies. When clearly they are mostly dead inside ! :#
    Another great bit of publicity for TKMax.
    " Je suis over it" t-shirts withdrawn. Yes after all the cynical publicity. :#
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I HATE ITUNES X-( X-( X-( X-(

Cant Apple leave anything alone? It used to be so great now its so bloody complicated it's a pain in the backside.
    Lady Rose wrote:
    I HATE ITUNES X-( X-( X-( X-(

Cant Apple leave anything alone? It used to be so great now its so bloody complicated it's a pain in the backside.

I agree... it's one of the reasons I try to avoid them. They are always after more ways for people to spend money, or complicate things... they are probably one of the worlds worst companies for the whole consumerism/recycle balance. X-(

I do have a nano... but I'm old school by buying the CD's and ripping them onto my windows computer :D
    I really don't care if they are deemed 'the best' - their ethics suck... and that for me, is important when I choose my brands.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I also hate itunes - but I have to disagree with you about the rest.

I've once had an Android phone. Tried to put my address book on the phone which recquired that I uploaded my address book onto a Google server and then load it on the phone.

Yes, Apple is creepy, but Google certainly is worse by all - and I mean all means!
    Alone these Google glasses scare me. Imo these are just a vehicle to put a camera on everyone and tape EVERYTHING. One day his will all fall onto our toes.

So be careful for condemning Apple - Google is really evil!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    The weird thing with Apple, which annoys me the most, is the more Apple devices you have the more complicated it gets.

They seem to all automatically connect even if you don't want them to. Over the past few months I've had daughters messages, if a phone rings they all ring. Had my daughters Face Time this week on my phone and today, in ITunes, lots of little clouds have appeared with hubby and daughters music in my iTunes now !! X-( X-(

And this is all automatic and its never instinctive how to switch stuff off ...

Good job Hubby is a bit of a techie.
    Another disaster in China , not a month goes by in China ,that a mine doesn't collapse ,a motorway dosent keel over ,a block of flats dosent sink .Every week in the papers its oh China this ,how wonderful ,how rich they are , its all a big con ,all propped up by the ruling communist party .
    edited August 2015
    People who talk in the cinema should be kicked into submission. I saw this done at a screening of Star Wars Phantom Menance in Edinburgh back 1999. The Stupid fool had one of those laser pointer things. A large group behind him were not impressed.

However, while watching Pixar's new film Inside Out, one selfish woman took this to a new level.
    Not only did she answer her mobile in the cinema, she kept the conversation going! I realised I had to be careful because there were minors present. I stood up stared right at her looking as pissed off as possible and said as loud as I could, "REALLY??!" She and her group left pretty quick after that. - What goes through some idiots heads? You leave, or call back later. Stupid cow.
    In spite of this, it's a lovely film.
    Some people can be so ignorant X-(
    Im afraid its one of the reasons ,I don't go to the cinema much ,as I have a very short temper ,and prone to execessive violence , (no always shaken you don't say) 8-) ,bring back the old ex army connsierge guy on the door ,whos not afraid to drag some one out of the cinema for breathing too loudly :D
    Sadly I was talking to a security Guy one time about " Yobs" in the cinema and he said
    With European law and free legal aid etc, If you put a hand on a person, they'll have you up
    for assault. So all they can do is Ask them to behave or to leave the cinema.
    I myself can't see the problem with, if someone is causing problems, grabbing them by the scruff
    of the neck and throwing them out. -{ or my own personal favourite, a firing squad in the lobby. :))
    " They wouldn't do that again" :))
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,264MI6 Agent
    Here in Cebu City cellphones and tablets must be stored in lockers as they are not allowed in the cinemas. Never had a problem here with people talking during the movie everyone seems to be very respectful of others enjoyment. Best seats work out at about 2-3 British Pounds too depending on cinema :)
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Not to sound too much like someone's Old Grandad but ...... I really do think
    there has been a huge decline in basic behaviour in Britain. From respect for
    others to basic " Please and thank-you" :#
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Trouble is, TP, that the default position of Brits seems to be to doff the cap and apologise for being the scum of Europe.

That's total bollocks.

Spent a day is Harrods a week back. And there was every pushy, selfish, ignorant life form Europe and the USA had to offer. Yup, even the supposed "educated" and "genteel" Duchies and Scandos
    Here we go again!!

Today I decided to use the bus to get about, and a bratty three year old nearly got a mouthful. He was with his mother a friend of hers and the friends well behaved son. (Their definitions, not mine.) Mother decided to go down to the lower deck. Brat had been a noisy pain already, but he started the kick the back of the seat routine, right behind me, ignoring Mum's friends warnings.
    I don't know if I am relieved or disappointed, because had he done it a second longer, he would have got a loud bear roar in the face, followed by the telling off he actually deserved, rather than an afterthought "stop doing that, insert name!" Four times.

There are some very nice kids out there, I know that, but that little monster needs a damned good scare!! I'm ashamed to say I was a hairs breath from supplying it. :# X-( ;%

I am definitely loosing patience with this kind of crap as I get older.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Sounds like he was a little workyticket Thunderbird 2.
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Yes, there are plenty of them around these days and the parents are to blame mostly. :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).