The Rant Box

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,617Chief of Staff
    Surprisingly, there's been no talk of this at Work. And big Supermarkets are normally the first to get there Claws into this kind of thing.

They are, but it's like 24 hour opening...these stores don't take enough money to warrant opening - so most don't...and THAT will be the decider for them - profit versus cost of opening...

Shopping centres are different...people will probably go there for lunch/coffee even if they don't actually buy anything in a store...so the owners of the shopping centre usually make stores open...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Work brings freedom ! :#
    Work Seven days a week, with a Zero hour contract, which means no rights or any benefits.
    No sickness pay or holiday pay, and you can be sacked at the drop of a hat !
    This is truly a land Fit for Heroes. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    edited July 2015
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Surprisingly, there's been no talk of this at Work. And big Supermarkets are normally the first to get there Claws into this kind of thing.

They are, but it's like 24 hour opening...these stores don't take enough money to warrant opening - so most don't...and THAT will be the decider for them - profit versus cost of opening...

Shopping centres are different...people will probably go there for lunch/coffee even if they don't actually buy anything in a store...so the owners of the shopping centre usually make stores open...

Im hoping it currently remains the same.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    The bloke who apparently who is the big boss in charge of a lot of UK malls (Trafford )ect says ,more people go to the malls on Sturday than go to football ,he wants more people to go to the malls on Saturday ,what a sad state of affairs ,when the best thing people can come up with with things to do on a Saturday "what shall we do today darling " I don't know,ive been stuck on trains and buses all week ,and stuck in doors in a hot office ,I know lets go to a mall and wander around ,theres no hope for the UK 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,617Chief of Staff
    The bloke who apparently who is the big boss in charge of a lot of UK malls (Trafford )ect says ,more people go to the malls on Sturday than go to football ,he wants more people to go to the malls on Saturday ,what a sad state of affairs ,when the best thing people can come up with with things to do on a Saturday "what shall we do today darling " I don't know,ive been stuck on trains and buses all week ,and stuck in doors in a hot office ,I know lets go to a mall and wander around ,theres no hope for the UK 8-)

True...but as it tends to rain most of the time up here it's better to stay indoors...
    YNWA 97
    That's why I hate spending too much Time in a Shopping Centre. An Hour or so is my Limit :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    Here's my rant - Dalton this, Dalton that.

There are 6 bonds, and 1 (Dalton) keeps getting talked about over and over again. Certain members love him and certain members hate him (we get it), and that's fine. I myself like him. But I'm just getting bored now of the constant Dalton-talk. I know this is a James Bond forum and we are free to talk about all the bonds, but, c'mon. Dalton overload.

Hehe, I was drunk when I wrote this. I always seem to log onto AJB intoxicated!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
    :)) Well it does help. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    With over 39k posts, I assume hat you have a serious drinking problem then, TP :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    I'd says it's worse then serious :)
    I have never had a problem drinking ! ;) it comes very naturally. :D
    Just passes through you? :))
    Exactly, you don't buy alcohol, you rent it. :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Some dude at MI6 just gleefully told me no one on that board has ever picked TND as their #1 Bond film to spite me. The Brosnan Bashing Clubs are beginning to annoy me. Some other idiot characterized Brosnan's Bond as "Moore lite". Yeah, 'cause y'know, straightening a tie underwater is SO much less serious than driving a Bondola.
    TND is like YOLT, but BETTER, so there. *simmering down****
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Hence why I rarely bother with MI6.
    edited July 2015
    So long as you like TND, that's all that matters. ;)
    I for one really enjoy it, and think Brosnan was a fine 007.
    Just to add that as far as Bond forums go, AJB007, is the best. {[]
    Agreed {[]
    No other forum has Barbel & Higgins. This place rocks.
    -{
    It is funny how we all get settled in our own world's, I'm sure there are
    People who, basically live on MI6 or Commander Bond and feel they are
    The best forums on the net.
    I Honestly believe that AJB007, is the " monty python" ( in a good way)
    Of Bond forums. Always knowledgeable, respectful but at the same time
    irreverent and funny. -{
    I can't believe any other forum has the amount of, " Characters" as on here. ;)
    " Barbel & Higgins" the new detective series, one's a musician hell bent on bringing
    Down a crime lord at any cost, the other wears bad footwear ! BBC 1 8pm. :))
    I Honestly believe that AJB007, is the " monty python" ( in a good way)
    Of Bond forums.
    Yes, this place is loaded with character & characters. Needless ego is also quite low.
    Makes a village idiot like myself very comfortable.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    wow there are other Bond sites ??
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    None of any consequence. ;)
    Need to know Basis :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,381Chief of Staff
    I've just read this, and you're all stone mad. :v

Edit: though of course this is the best site!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    They've offered me big $$ to change, but couldn't leave Barbel alone as the only "Character" here :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    They offered you Money for a Gender Swap? :o :v
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Again? :o :v
    Listening to the news this morning, An old Nazi is on trial for the atrocities
    He helped to do during WW2. ( I agree with him being on trial) Yet here in the UK,
    Old men who are accused of abusing children, suddenly can't be prosecuted
    Because of their age ! X-(
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,296MI6 Agent
    Poor selection in Norway :

-no 4-pack regular Pepsi , people only drink Pepsi Max & CC....I'd rather drink dirty dish water than Max :s

-Dr Pepper is 20 krones/0.5 liter & no large bottles , same with Fanta strawberry

-the national frozen pizza is Grandiosa , it tastes like cardboard with paprika/cheese :#

-450 gr bag of Haribo is 60 krones , in Germany 1.2 kilo box is 5 euros (approx 45 krones) , talk about price difference :o
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    I love my country, but not the poor selection of products and prizes :#