The Rant Box

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    My research took me to unedited video, so naturally it won't jive with leftwinghack.com's keen analysis. But thank you for the intelligent discussion.

[and now I have truly wasted my last life moment in The Rant Box. Carry on, Great Enlightened!]
    That link doesn't work! :o
    But anyway, thanks for the civility. I understand this is a touchy area for all.
    My own final word as an American is that we (like most others) don't know it all. To assume we do is to... well Odd Couple fans know the rest...
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/oct/03/priest-with-vatican-ties-sacked-for-being-gay
    A Polish Catholic Priest has been sacked for being gay :o
    So let me get this right you can abuse as many kids as you like
    and that's ok, to the church. But simply loving another consenting
    Adult is wrong ?
    Once again thank God, I'm am atheist. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Once again thank God, I'm am atheist. :D
    I don't believe in atheists.
    But we believe in you. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    But we believe in you. ;)
    But will you worship me? ?:)
    Maybe not that far, but I might get " misty eyed" thinking about it. ;)
    Maybe not that far, but I might get " misty eyed" thinking about it. ;)
    I'll pop a balloon to celebrate!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,339MI6 Agent
    Atheism is a non-prophet organisation
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    England get knocked out of the rugby world cup X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    England get knocked out of the rugby world cup X-(

I blame immigrants or cyclists.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Can I be the first to blame Sam Smith ? :))
    Can I be the first to blame Sam Smith ? :))

ah that's unfair, he did after all write that complete pile of monkey turd infused with elephant spunk, displayed upon a pedestal of finest quim marinated afterbirth coated leper's legs in about 20 mins.

not that it shows.

not. in. the. slightest.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,492Chief of Staff
    :D ...that still makes it better than AWTD!
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))

One wonders, how many seconds it then took to write AWTD :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,680Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:

I do think you are beginning to mellow towards AWTD though :007)
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    :)) :)) :))

One wonders, how many seconds it then took to write AWTD :))

0.68s, for you that must feel like eternity...
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,492Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

I do think you are beginning to mellow towards AWTD though :007)

Perhaps- I heard it accidentally the other day and didn't run screaming from the room, which is a change.
    I think it's a great driving song. As I go along with it playing I imagine
    A couple of nasty looking Alfa Romeo's following. ;)
    Today I have 2 rants :D

(1) I went into a big watch dealership today in Regent street ,to show the wife the rubber strap for my Omega PO ,
    (I have a birthday due) :D ,well they didn't have one in stock ,I think they are to order only ,but no one knew the price ,and secondly they couldn't get the price due to their "we are having Sunday off but YOU have to work on Sunday attitude head office ,
    (2) Went into the National gallery today to have a look at the ship painting in Skyfall, Q meets Bond scene ,
    so duly asked a few members of staff where it was only to be told " I didn't know Skyfall was filmed here :#
    :)) :)) :)) sounds to have been a great Sunday.
    :)) :)) :)) sounds to have been a great Sunday.

We had afternoon tea ,at the newly refurbished Palm court ,at the Langham hotel , very nice too.
    Police Constable David Phillips , mown down and killed in the execution of his duty in Merseyside yesterday .When is this spineless ,
    lily livered ,cowardly,goverment ,going to finally wake up ,and change the law.We don't need any beardy sandal wearing human rights activist ,standing there ,wringing his hands ,saying "oh ,he dosent have a dad ,he comes from a broken home ,its not his fault .
    (1) bring back the rope now,
    (2)make any assault on police ,punishable by at least 10 years in prison
    (3) make the punishment for vehicle theft so great that ,you would be s**t scared even to think of stealing a car .
    RIP David , there but for the grace of god ,that could have been my boy out there .
    Police Constable David Phillips , mown down and killed in the execution of his duty in Merseyside yesterday .When is this spineless ,
    lily livered ,cowardly,goverment ,going to finally wake up ,and change the law.We don't need any beardy sandal wearing human rights activist ,standing there ,wringing his hands ,saying "oh ,he dosent have a dad ,he comes from a broken home ,its not his fault .
    (1) bring back the rope now,
    (2)make any assault on police ,punishable by at least 10 years in prison
    (3) make the punishment for vehicle theft so great that ,you would be s**t scared even to think of stealing a car .
    RIP David , there but for the grace of god ,that could have been my boy out there .

(2) Why just the police, surely everyone has the right not to be assaulted?
    Otherwise spot on AS.
    I think one of the biggest problems is that when the Death penalty was abolished
    It was on the understanding that it would be replaced by " Life imprisonment " .
    Sadly over the years that has become so watered down, than life these days is
    15 years, plus add on 50% remission and time held before trial and you can get
    that down to around 8 years ! . That's sending out a very odd message that human
    Life is of little worth ( going by sentencing).
    An unarmed police officer represents the authority of the people, and I fully agree
    That killing a Police officer should be an automatic sentence of " Life"...... but it will
    Never happen we are ruled by a group of out of touch political idiots, who believe that
    Everyone is a victim, and everyone needs help. The idea of punishment, seems to have
    Been forgotten about.
    Looking at the photo of the young officer, with his wife and two little girls. I can't help
    but think that's me a few years ago ( I have the same family line up). My thoughts
    are with David Philips family, I hope they catch the scum responsible, but dread the
    Years of court cases and appeals, which will occur.
    Yes of course every one has a right not to be assaulted,but the Police are the custodians of the peace they are they there to ensure our safety ,our security .The police are the representatives of the crown ,hence in court it is the crown vrs Jones ect.They are the gaurdians of the way we live,and therefore we must afford them all the support we can. As TP says ,the person involved in this terrible crime ,will probably be given 15 years ,and let out in 8 for being a good boy ,where as the Phillips family will suffer until the day they die .
    It's just in my ideal world everyone is afforded equality without favour or prejudice.

For the record can I record my gratitude to the police/armed forces of Britain and my new home of the Philippines for the fabulous work that they do to keep us safe.

I wish the British judges would hand out some sentencing fitting the crime as they do in the Philippines - weak sentences lead to more crime.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    While I'm against the death penalty, I would like to see life in prison should be used far more. And life in prison means being marched to the cell after the trail and leaving the cell in a coffin!
    No need for a coffin, we can get a few tins of dog food out of them. ;)
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    The Police have arrested two men, aged 18 & 30 but no further details.

I agree with Number24. I wish life meant life.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,839MI6 Agent
    I have to say the US bombing of the hospital inn Kunduz, Afghanistan, upsets me. Doctors Without Borders who are running the hospital infomed all parties fighting in the country about the location of the hospital. Yet the US bombed the hospital with great precision for an hour. 12 staff and 10 patients were killed, some patients burned to death in their beds. so far US authorities have given four different accounts of what happened. The last one is that the bombings were requested by US special operations forces. The commandoes were not directly involved in the fighting in the city at the time. A professor of international law says:

“Any serious violation of the law of armed conflict, such as attacking a hospital that is immune from intentional attack, is a war crime. Hospitals are immune from attack during an armed conflict unless being used by one party to harm the other and then only after a warning that it will be attacked,”