The Rant Box

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    You could say " in a husky voice " that you're doing a Joe Cocker tribute ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,335Chief of Staff
    Having olbas oil to hand, I've done as Chriscoop suggests and already am feeling a bit better! Thank you!
    I might buy some pseudowhatsit when I go out later, thanks Matt.
    And no, TP, but thanks for trying! :)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Get well soon, Barbel.

Vick's Daytime helps me over those days a lttle
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    As Matt suggested Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride/ sudafed is great for taking away the symptoms BUT it is a BIG NO NO if you are on any blood pressure meds, could cause stroke or heart attack. So be careful if you are mixing OTC meds with anything prescribed :)

BTW I have the bloody cold also :#
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    BTW I have the bloody cold also :#

Which makes you slightly better bearable 8-)

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    To all suffering from the cold, I hope you get well soon but with the fear that it could
    Become " Man Flu" , one of the most serious ailments in existence !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    I might buy some pseudowhatsit when I go out later, thanks Matt.
    And no, TP, but thanks for trying! :)

Get well soon Barbel. -{ Btw, is Pseudowhatsit known by any other name?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    To all suffering from the cold, I hope you get well soon but with the fear that it could
    Become " Man Flu" , one of the most serious ailments in existence !

IMG_2662.jpg
    hahaha!

• JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I am thinking the only way to beat a cold is time.
    Thanks, everyone.

Pete- No, I'm not on anything like that.
    C&D- It's sold as Sudafed, so easily obtainable.
    Joshua- I don't have the time, unfortunately!
    TP- No, this is real not "Man Flu" :#
    Higgins- I've slipped another joke about you into "Heavens Plummet" :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,582Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    TP- No, this is real not "Man Flu" :#

But Man Flu does exist...boffins proved it - read it here :D
    YNWA 97
    Well, I managed to do 2 one-hour gigs today with olbas oil on my feet, pseudowhatsit in my system, and Otrovine up my nose. Thanks guys!
    Only one gig tomorrow, then 2 on Friday. Hoping to feel better for them!
    Glad to hear it! I hope all goes well tomorrow and Friday. There will be a large glass of something medicinal waiting for you in the S&BS -{
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,224MI6 Agent
    All these people with colds :# - January is generally the coldest month of the year in The Philippines and it's been a chilly 84F here today so I feel your pain :D Seriously, hope you all get better quickly, I used to suffer from colds back in England but touch wood have never had one out here so far.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    Here this January has been really bad. We had about five days of snow, but most of the most it's been green laws and warmer than 0 degrees Celsius. There is a forrest in the outskirts of Oslo where people went skiing after work, but now there usually isn't any snow in January. A month of snow has disapeared in the last 30 years.
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Well, I managed to do 2 one-hour gigs today with olbas oil on my feet, pseudowhatsit in my system, and Otrovine up my nose. Thanks guys!
    Only one gig tomorrow, then 2 on Friday. Hoping to feel better for them!

Hope all is well 'Vladimir' - (sorry, couldn't resist Number 24's dig :) ) and you're getting through and your voice hasn't gone.

Like CoolHandBond, where I am at present is stinking hot but I can empathise with you up to a point. Growing up in Northern England as a child it was very cold obviously this time of year but I was young and having too much fun throwing snowballs at the neighbours children, thinking about Christmas, sitting by the log fire and trying to set fire to Anfield Road (OK - I made up the part about the snowballs).

But when I visited some of my relatives many, many years ago at Elgin in May that was cold enough. Basically perched on the North Sea and even after a decent bike ride I couldn't get back fast enough for a Glenfiddich - or several!

Noticed your signature is now up to 11 songs - no wonder you're in disarray ;)
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    OGG007 wrote:

Noticed your signature is now up to 11 songs - no wonder you're in disarray ;)

9 completed, although one or two might need a remix. The other 2 need more overdubs (keyboards mainly) before we can think about mixing them. And then we start recording 2 or 3 more! Long, slow process...
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    I'm really sorry, Strong Leader, but I have to say it:

I woke up to two headlines this morning:

"Six journalists who covered anti-Trump demonstrations arrested. Facing charges of ten years in prison and a 25 000$ fine."

"Torture absolutely works!" says President Trump

If you for some resason don't find this troubling, try reading these headlines with another president's name instead of Trump, such as Truman, Reagan or Obama. We, and especially Americans, should be scared by now. :o
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Calm down number 24, have you heard or read the full trump interview? I was also a bit taken aback by the "headlines" but it's important to have the full context if you havnt already.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Just keep his hands away from my *****. As a female who has been sexually assulted (1 in 4 for females, 1 in 10 males) I am so devastated. And it breaks my heart to be told over and over it will not be "that bad." Sorry Barbel. I will shut up now.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    No apology required, Vesper.
    It's not the political talk itself that causes problems, but the way it regularly descends into personal attacks among the members. This leads to bad feeling and many have fallen out over it.
  • Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    There is a reason that politics and religion shouldn't be discussed among friends and family.
    Just keep his hands away from my *****. As a female who has been sexually assulted (1 in 4 for females, 1 in 10 males) I am so devastated. And it breaks my heart to be told over and over it will not be "that bad." Sorry Barbel. I will shut up now.
    Personally speaking, I have no respect for Trump in my opinion people who occupy the highest offices should have high morals and values. So often this is not the case. They should also be able to be brutally honest and Trump is at least this in certain aspects. For his behaviour towards women I would like to personally nail his balls to the floor and waterboard him until he apologised for saying the US needs a level playing field to deal with terrorists I have agree with him.
    There is a reason that politics and religion shouldn't be discussed among friends and family.

Neither should firearms be discussed X-(

Trump systematically tries to weaken the press, media and freedom of speech - to eliminate his critics.

While I don't dispute that journalists make mistakes, they are a main factor in a democracy.
    Because of this, it's necessary that people speak up and are able to criticize him - even on a James Bond Forum.

My opinion

Higgins wrote:
    Trump systematically tries to weaken the press, media and freedom of speech - to eliminate his critics.

While I don't dispute that journalists make mistakes, they are a main factor in a democracy.
    Because of this, it's necessary that people speak up and are able to criticize him - even on a James Bond Forum.

My opinion
    Agreed, and Trump sets himself up for major criticism.
    Just like to add though that if you are the kind of person who holds a grudge or would resort to personal attacks then a grown up discussion is not really the place for you, I've been at odds with a few members over certain issues and become exasperated by the debate but I never allow those feelings to affect posts in other threads, sure we can disagree on trump but can warmly agree on bonds cars, watches, actors etc.
    I just wanted to add - information bubbles!

People tend to inform themselfs via social media in self-reassuring information loops.

I could basically feel the shock to some Trump-Supporters here, that someone would seriously have a different point of view on Trump, Clinton and Obama.

So this forum could be a wakeup call for many, who are living in those bubbles, that there are totally different political opinions out here with countrymen and with people from other countries who will certainly not agree with "America Always First".

Chriscoop wrote:
    ... but can warmly agree on bonds (...) watches,

No! :D

Chriscoop wrote:
    actors etc.

No f...ing way! :p

• Herr MichaelHerr Michael Posts: 360MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

Neither should firearms be discussed X-(

That too could be considered political. But your opinion has been noted on numerous occasions.