The Rant Box

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    C'mon Barbel.
    You know at our age and the limited time on mother Earth remaining - how important those little pleasures are :v

Additional question: If Trump resigns tomorrow, I can say the truth about Dalton again :v
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    C'mon Barbel.
    You know at our age and the limited time on mother Earth remaining - how important those little pleasures are :v

Additional question: If Trump resigns tomorrow, I can say the truth about Dalton again :v
    No because Pence will take over :))
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    I can say the truth about Dalton again :v

Again? That would imply that you've said it before... which you haven't!
    Well, I was presenting alternative facts :) :)) :))

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I had a bit of work this week ,helping out a old mate ,it seems my delicious talents were required :D ,
    Well armed with my Oyster card ,off I trekked to and fro using Londons transport system ,(a joke) well my misfortune this week
    firstly a train was derailed at Lewisham ,so obviously all lines from Kent and the South east have to be cancelled (makes sense) The central line from Essex is on strike , all the roads are gridlocked,the buses and the DLR are rammed ,some one went ill at Canning town on the DLR another closure ,then to top it all ,every night on the bus coming home ,the paper (evening standard) is running stories about asthma in school kids ,air pollution due to cars ,and in particular diesels ,now I own a diesel and I bought them cos some highly educated public school twit said they are better for the ozone layer, better carbon emmisions ,we don't here about the ozone any more (is it repaired) 8-) now Westminster council want to charge extra for diesel cars to park :# .I cant help thinking we should have a thread here called err hallo , Now if public transport ran properly ,and it was cheap like Paris and New York ?? they can do it ,why cant we . surely all these naughty car drivers would leave their cars at home and go by PT .?? So if councils are going to ban /fine /penalise diesels,will that apply to Police cars.fire engines,taxis.buses,ambulances .you get the idea ,or as we know ,but no one in power has the guts to own up too ,the private motorist is a easy target to tax ,I could rant on ,but why bother
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    edited March 2017
    It's a nice afternoon here, and I was enjoying my drive home whilst admiring a classic Porsche 911 air-cooled that was in front of me, we were on a recently resurfaced road, in North Yorkshire to resurface a road they use the method of spraying down some bitumen then dumping a load of chippings down, it's then left to the traffic to flatten in the chippings or gravel as it more resembles! Anyway speeds on these is restricted to 20mph to help reduce loose gravel being sprayed about. So I'm behind this immaculate rare Porsche ( obviously the owners pride and joy) at some temporary traffic lights stationary when from the opposite direction comes a vauxhall corsa with every conceivable boy racer accessory stuck to it
    tearing down the road and subsequently pebble dashes all the stationary cars!! I could here the Porsche getting pummelled then my car X-(
    Then the sound of a fast moving stone colliding with my 10 day old new windscreen X-( X-(

20170302_164445.jpg

Porsche man got out and was visibly horrified by the chips on the side of his car. Mine has been treated with extra gloss protection so fortunately no paint chips.... But my new windscreen!!! I think on AJB we call such people as the boy racer a cockwomble? Its added further weight to my " never trust drivers wearing hats " theory and one day I'll bump into the little cap wearing..... Cockwomble and we will see how big a chip his head makes in his windscreen X-( X-( I'm effing furious!

An example, the one I'm gunning for was silver and blue with blue led lights on the front
    20170302_170524.jpg
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear but fully agree about drivers in hats, they are to be avoided.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    They either drive tractors, are old enough to know better but don't , are 18 year old tossers or traffic cops :v
    Thanks Tp {[]
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The two times, I could have been killed in a car..... there was the old guy in a hat behind tbe wheel,
    and only once have I had the satisfaction of seeing a boy racer ( who was doing some crazy overtaking )
    Being pulled over , that is such a good feeling. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I'll bet :)
    Around here not a weekend goes by without a boy racer writing himself and his friends off so I know there is a farmers fence and field with the one I'm afters name on it.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,336Chief of Staff
    No luck CC, that's terrible.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    The two times, I could have been killed in a car..... there was the old guy in a hat behind tbe wheel,
    and only once have I had the satisfaction of seeing a boy racer ( who was doing some crazy overtaking )

I know, but you forget to remember the mindset of the boy. I know it's hard to remember the early 1950's, but.... :v

He knows two things:
    1) He can not die.
    2) Nothing turns a teenage girl on more than a thirty year old car going over the speed limit.
    Number24 wrote:

I know, but you forget to remember the mindset of the boy. I know it's hard to remember the early 1950's, but.... :v

He knows two things:
    1) He can not die.
    2) Nothing turns a teenage girl on more than a thirty year old car going over the speed limit.
    Do you think teenage girls are turned on by wheelchairs or seeing their boyfriend having his head shoved through his windscreen by an angry incredibly good-looking 6'4 " tall bond fan?
    All teenage boys know what I wrote, just like all four-year old boys know dinosaurs are awesome.
    Are you seriously suggesting you didn't know this when you were 18?
    edited March 2017
    Just to make it even clearer: 18 year old know what I said about driving the same way Trump knows the Democrats got three million illegal votes. They all just got up one day and knew this was a fact simply because they were convinced of it.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    That's really not good at all, CC...I feel your pain :#
    YNWA 97
    Number24 wrote:
    Just to make it even clearer: 18 year old know what I said about driving the same way Trump knows the Democrats got three million illegal votes. They all just got up one day and knew this was a fact simply because because they were convinced of it.
    Oh I'm quite clear about what you're saying 24, but it doesn't ease my anger.. Don't forget I'm also heartless and cynical.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Thanks sir M I know not long ago you also suffered tosser damage to your car.
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Just to make it even clearer: 18 year old know what I said about driving the same way Trump knows the Democrats got three million illegal votes. They all just got up one day and knew this was a fact simply because because they were convinced of it.
    Oh I'm quite clear about what you're saying 24, but it doesn't ease my anger.. Don't forget I'm also heartless and cynical.

Sometimes even the strongest feeling of being right can collide brutally with the facts of the real world :#
    Sorry to hear this happening CC.

On a side note, is here anything nicer to hear than a N/a Flat Six??

Higgins wrote:
    Sorry to hear this happening CC.

On a side note, is here anything nicer to hear than a N/a Flat Six??

It's a glorious sounding engine, up there with the busso v6. {[]
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,584Chief of Staff
    Chriscoop wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Thanks sir M I know not long ago you also suffered tosser damage to your car.

Yea...it's just the senseless nature of it all that riles... X-(
    YNWA 97
  • JoshuaJoshua Posts: 1,138MI6 Agent
    I bought myself a new car. It is a corsa car and very pretty silver and blue with the blue led lights on the front. I took it for the test drive in yorkshire. I wanted to know how fast it would go to accelerate from the traffic light. it did this good and i think i impress all the cars waiting with my speed. ;%
    Chriscoop wrote:

...and here we disagree again :D
    The V6 is nice, but can't reach a Flat 6 - particularly when the fun begins at 4000/min {[]

edited March 2017
    Higgins wrote:
    Chriscoop wrote:

...and here we disagree again :D
    The V6 is nice, but can't reach a Flat 6 - particularly when the fun begins at 4000/min {[]
    The busso v6 has a unique sound, the Italians call it the violin, but the flat 6 is equally as nice, just in a different way.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I was wondering how many of our AJB agents drive a diesel powered car (I do BMW X3 M SPORT) now there is a lot of press going around about possibly banning ,over taxing ,you name it the government will think of it .Now my last few cars have been diesel by BMW mainly due to the MPG being good ,and of course we was all told by our highly educated leaders that they was better for the ozone layer ,has it now repaired its self??? .Now I bought mine brand new last year ,thinking this will be my last new car before I hit 65 ,then I will get a nan and granddad car for me and the wife for our old age . Now it looks like the powers that be have a bee in their bonnet about diesel pollution . They now want people to buy more petrol cars ,hmmm see line 4 ?? , Now surely the way to get people to buy petrol cars would be to ,errr lets have a think ,how about they reduce the price of petrol ??? . Now cant do that ,all that extra tax they raise ,they can spend it on hopeless wars and gold plated pensions for themselves and all their ETON chums .
    How about making sure the trains ,buses and the underground run properly ,hmm cant do that ,as we (the govt ) sold off the trains to their ETON chums ,who quite frankly couldn't run a bath ,let alone a train service . How about closing the shops on a Sunday ,so the roads are not grid locked 7 days a week ,and the people who run the shops ,wont have to drive to work on a Sunday because the public transport system is crap on a Sunday .How about ,if you live in a borough ,then you go to school in that borough ,this will stop fleets of cars being driven in (certainly to our borough (Bexley) from places like Lewisham and Greenwich ,)Now we have residents in Bexley ,that cant get their kids into the chosen schools due to kids being driven in from other boroughs ,taking up all . the places .OR why cant we have a school bus system like the USA ,cant have that theres no profit it in that .And lastly this talk about electric cars ,now as far as I can remember electricity dosent grow on trees ,and you have to burn stuff to make it X-( X-( X-(
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I remember Tony Blair stating when he was pm that the school run does not add to pollution or congestion?? But then again he also conned us all into driving diesel powered vehicles and a war based on non existent wmd 's. What worries me is the lack of options for van drivers, tradesmen etc.
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    So rant/ basic BS. It is not James Bond related at all. In real life I can't really talk about it and I have to pretend today is a normal happy day. Today is my birthday (30!.) It is also the day that my daughter passes away two years ago. So everyone is being nice and giving me birthday gifts but I really just want to cry. Anyway, it feels good just to let that out.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Don't let yourself down!

No matter how tough life gets, it's important to stand up once more than you fall.
    I am over 20 years older than you and would pay to be back 30 again ;)

Happy birthday and rip your daughter! -{

VesperMelograno: no matter what you're thinking of today, I hope you can feel joy because of the good moments :)

"Ode to Joy"
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbJcQYVtZMo