The Rant Box

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear that. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,758Chief of Staff
    That is pretty bad news...especially as it leaves you well out of pocket...you do expect a better service all round..unfortunately it just seems that people will take your money and not keep their end of the deal... X-(
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    I feel your pain, Mr. Toys. :#
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Very different topic but I am totally gutted and need to vent!
    Totally gutted! X-( X-(
    That is terrible, If packed correctly this should not happen, I can understand you feel gutted when you receive a rare and expensive item like that in that state. X-(
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I sympathise, I can understand how upset and angry you must have felt.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    While we all agree toy cars are important (they are, and those who disagree are just girls! B-) ), there are also other important stuff going on. During the Mandela Memorial a man stood next to the speakers and "interrpreted" into sign language. But the man knew nothing about sign language and just waved his hands around randomly. It's easy to laugh at this, but think about it: Deaf people in the arena and those watching it on TV got no intepretation. I think Mandela's family, other mourners and the deaf community are likely to fell mocked by this man. Last, but worst of all: it's obvious that this man was not checked properly. He could have been anyone, including a terrorist, and he stood right next to Obama, the secretery-general of the UN and the president of South Africa among others. Did they even check if he had weapons or was carrying a bomb?
    They check MY posts here, but they don't check out a man standing right next to two presidents. Hmph!
    Maybe they believe the rumors ? :)) :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Silly silly British man.
    :)) and proud of it :p

Luckily the NSA do read my posts but so far ( like many others ) they can't understand them. :))
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    That is terrible, If packed correctly this should not happen, I can understand you feel gutted when you receive a rare and expensive item like that in that state. X-(

Thanks for the empathy, guys.

To be fair to the seller - the items where packed and padded extremely well.
    The problem lies in the nature of a little model car moving around a bit in the 50 yo blister.

The right shock into the right direction and the car is shot into the blister side and particularly the Capri model with the towbar breaks it. So the seller is right - it's not his fault.

But instead of telling me the obvious it would be better to hearing something like: "We are sorry and rest assured that we will make it right - no matter what happens with the insurance and no matter what it costs us".

{[]
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Sorry to hear that Markus. They do indeed sound by their response that they are the eBay kind rather then a reputable collectors dealer etc

Hope you get somewhere with them
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I'm currently researching world war 1 tanks.... don't ask.

Anyway, reading through the reviews for a book on this subject, I found this gleaming nugget of steaming mental turdness;

"This book was purchased for a raffle prize at an army re union. The book is perfect for an ex soldier, and I'm sure it brought back a lot of memories and nostalgia. Thanks for the inspiration."

Bare in mind that the first mass use of tanks in warfare was the Battle of Messines Ridge on June 7th 1917. Now call me picky, but by my rough calculations if that book brought 'back a lot of memories and nostalgia' to anyone then they'd have to be around 114..... 8-)
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    After years of being told the north pole is melting,every year the ice is getting thinner
    With bears finding it harder to cross the ice packs as they are shrinking every year!
    It does seem odd to hear of a Russian icebreaker trapped by thick ice,and its
    rescue ship which had to back off due to thick ice ?
    Someone somewhere is telling porkies. :))
    Maybe it's the wrong kind of thick ice?
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Wonky stuff in the Arctic, not simple or predictable. Nor easily understood. 8-)
    It's a piece of Piss, Clarkson and the boys Drove across it only last night. :))
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    well well well,so poor old TESCOs is moaning that they have had a bad Christmas, well sorry Tesco, you are one of the companies that introduced 7 day a week /open 24 hour shopping,didnt your highly paid/qualified idiots realise that once you go that route, theres no turning back, and the knock on effect would be that one day ,in the future, everyone will be working ,thus forever banishing those halcyon days of being off work for a week + at Christmas time, so no need to buy loads of Christmas food/drink ,because now your at work on Christmas thanks to Tesco and co. even the banks are now open on Saturday.
    im sorry but companies like yours have created this open all hours culture, don't tell me it works because we have been in a recession for the past 5 years , When the shops even Tesco where shut on Sunday ect I don't remember people starving to death in the streets because the shops where shut, in fact in Germany the shops are shut and they have the biggest economy in Europe,
    all you have done is created a society where morons with nothing better to do can mince around shopping malls because they are bored, you now have places like Westfield open until 11pm on Christmas eve so idiots, who obviously have not been informed Christmas is coming can shop ?and people being forced to work long unsociable hours for no overtime( im sorry we cant pay you overtime because we don't take any money to pay you at 10 oclock at night).well I hope you choke on your mountain of unsold mince pies
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Agree 100% -{ , I'm not religious but feel having one day a week so families can spend
    some time together is a good think. I could never understand the idea of 24 hr 7 days a
    Week shopping as if I have £100 to spend,then that's it whether I spend it over one, three
    or Seven days. :#
    Agree 100% -{ , I'm not religious but feel having one day a week so families can spend
    some time together is a good think. I could never understand the idea of 24 hr 7 days a
    Week shopping as if I have £100 to spend,then that's it whether I spend it over one, three
    or Seven days. :#

Exactly, we use 2 loaves of bread a week, we are not suddenly going to use 4 ,because the shops are open 7 days,
    we have Bluewater near us and the roads on Sunday are just as busy on say Monday, so if we want to visit family on Sunday
    its chaos, but the stores keep moaning oh profits are down takings are down oh woah is us , I mean who needs to go shopping at 5pm on a Sunday,get a life
    After years of being told the north pole is melting,every year the ice is getting thinner
    With bears finding it harder to cross the ice packs as they are shrinking every year!
    It does seem odd to hear of a Russian icebreaker trapped by thick ice,and its
    rescue ship which had to back off due to thick ice ?
    Someone somewhere is telling porkies. :))
    No the melting polar caps is just a disguise by goverments to tell us that the earth is warming up ,because the naughty old motor car is causing global warming ,there fore we will have to put up the price of petrol ,then we (the ruling classes ) can speng £1200 on a roll of wall paper to decorate our ministerial offices,well they need to raise the cash somehow ,how else can they donate £10.000.000 a year to the Sudanesee one legged learn the speak English fund,
    You are so cynical, :)) if we keep this up we'll have to start a thread for Grumpy old Gits. :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    Is Always Shaken serious or not? I'm not always good at picking up irony ....
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Is Always Shaken serious or not? I'm not always good at picking up irony ....

Yes, he is.

The Sudanese one legged already speak perfect English. :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    AS for PM {[]
    I completely agree with AS.

I saw an ad on TV from 'Very' which said "order before 10pm on Christmas Eve for next day delivery."

Now 2 things came to mind. 1) who the **** goes 'oh **** I forgot Christmas!!' on Christmas Eve, and 2) does anyone think about the poor sod who's got to deliver your natty LBD on Christmas Day?

My wife works in retail, I had 3 weeks off over Christmas, in total I got 4 days with her. On the plus side was I spent loads of time with micro, but it would have been great to have longer than 2 days off together as a family.

David Cameron once spouted about having a more family orientated Britain. How can that work when hardly anyone get any time off together.

Who goes shopping at 7am on Boxing Day anyway?!

So when people exclaim "isn't this late night shopping great?!" I simply reply "no, and you're a tosser."
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Good news for always shaken's barber. He'll be getting an MBE. :))
    danjaq_0ff wrote:
    AS for PM {[]

Thank you danjaq off ,when im PM I will appoint you head of overseas development and minigeff head of the armed forces
    thunderpussy will be chancellor of the exchequer if only :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    Add me to the "Normal business hours" argument. Firstly, as you've all so eloquently said, no one needs 24/7 shopping. Secondly, even if it's nice and convenient for you to be able to buy a fresh rotisserie chicken at 3am, just think of the poor sods who have to work that shift. Now I know some people like to work nights and extra hours are an opportunity for people to work two jobs, but unfortunately not everyone who has to work stupid hours + Sundays + statutory holidays wants to. Inevitably there will be a lot of people who would like to spend Christmas with their families but who have no choice. It's claimed that no one is ever forced to work a stat holiday or silly shifts, but that's simply not true. As soon as no one can/will work those shifts, enormous pressure is put on someone to step forward and it's made perfectly clear that if you don't, you can expect to pay for it in another way.

Let's go back to normal hours and normal days.

And while we're at it...let's ban coloured football boots, Alice bands, little woolly gloves and cycling shorts beneath football shorts and bring back comb-overs, tea at half-time and footballers who chain smoke.
    any input from our German brothers, my cousin said that all Germans where unanimous in stopping British style shopping hours
    because like a cancer it would eventually spread to everybody ,and they would all end up working 24/7