The Rant Box

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

When they get back together do they have to pull some outrageously camp karate moves, shout their name then jump into the air simultaneously so when they come back down they've combined to create 'Ultra mega multi-tool morphing monty python'?

Yes.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

When they get back together do they have to pull some outrageously camp karate moves, shout their name then jump into the air simultaneously so when they come back down they've combined to create 'Ultra mega multi-tool morphing monty python'?

Yes.

Just booked my ticket.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/hopkins-sorry-for-twitter-gaffe-11363855345057

Katie Hopkins has apologised and blamed "poor timing" after offending Twitter users with a joke after a fatal helicopter crash in Glasgow. Usual Rent a Gob, I stop watching any programe she is on. X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    http://home.bt.com/entertainment/tv/tvnews/hopkins-sorry-for-twitter-gaffe-11363855345057

Katie Hopkins has apologised and blamed "poor timing" after offending Twitter users with a joke after a fatal helicopter crash in Glasgow. Usual Rent a Gob, I stop watching any programe she is on. X-(

Yes that's the best way to hurt these people is to hit them in the ratings ,and don't watch her ,but as ive never heard of her
    ? I cant switch her off,who is she ?
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    An ex Apprentice contestant, all ways comes out with sound bites. She does many talk shows when they
    need a right wing point if view ( I not bashing her politics, just that she comes across as very rude and
    insensitive )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    To be fair, she was not joking about the helicopter crash, it was just a sideswipe at the Scots generally, much as they do to the English in the spirit of sledging.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    Ah, but with all Comedy Timing is everthing. Maybe she should take an interest is us common people
    before making insensitive and cold-hearted remarks.
    But I'm done now, just needed to get it off my chest.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,871MI6 Agent
    Some famous people can be incredibly insensitive. Next month is the Nobel consert and since he is old news and irrelvant in today's music world, the proucers hired Morrisey (The Smiths) to perform. Quite a few people don't like this, because he said the terrorist attacks in Norway was not as bad as the cruelty to animals done by McDonalds. Now everyone just hopes he will only sing and not talk at all .. :(
    An ex Apprentice contestant, all ways comes out with sound bites. She does many talk shows when they
    need a right wing point if view ( I not bashing her politics, just that she comes across as very rude and
    insensitive )

Oh so that qualifies her to join the ranks of the famous, and to think I did all those years in the force,
    saving peoples lives, rescuing people , stopping people getting all their possesions stolen ,I dunno
    im glad we have our priorities right (NOT) 8-)
    So the MPs seem to be getting an 11% pay rise, with Power cuts predicted for next year, Ambulances
    having to wait up to six hours to get into A&E. WELL DONE !. They're doing a great job. :#
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    With the cost of living constantly on the rise, I like a lot of others in the UK, have taken an effective pay cut year on year for the last 4 years.

And then I hear the MP's are getting 11%, and even the ones that say they want to refuse it are told by the powers that have decided this 11% amount say the MP's have no power to turn it down.

I can just hear the complaints flooding through the door of that little consortiums office....

"please sir, i don't want any more"

"tough, you'll have to take it"

"oh alright then, never mind, now SHOW ME THE MONEY!!"
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    when is this country going to wake up to the fact,that the people in charge are the same class of public school morons who told our lads to go over the top and give jerry a dam good thrashing ,armed with a cricket bat,
    " I am working class, I look up to Dave. ........... I know my place " :))
    One thing I find amusing about the British parliament is how much they drink on the job :))
    I understand there are many drinking establishments in the building with subsidized alcohol and the MP's help themselves to the cheap drinks at all hours. This would be unthinkable in our paliament. I don't know if alcohol is served in the US Congress or Senate, but I suspect that whatever is the problem of the Tea Party it's not alcohol.
    Number24 wrote:
    One thing I find amusing about the British parliament is how much they drink on the job :))
    I understand there are many drinking establishments in the building with subsidized alcohol and the MP's help themselves to the cheap drinks at all hours. This would be unthinkable in our paliament. I don't know if alcohol is served in the US Congress or Senate, but I suspect that whatever is the problem of the Tea Party it's not alcohol.

and they can smoke too, as the H.O.P are classed as a royal palace, :)) and obviously the law doesn't apply to the royals :))
    I don't think they even need the excuse of cheap booze and fags for being so crap. :#
    I don't think they even need the excuse of cheap booze and fags for being so crap. :#

I agree. Like I mentioned the Tea Party representatives probably don't drink or smoke very much, but they are still ****.
    Strange. The last word of my last post changes by itself from a four-letter word :o
    Number24 wrote:
    Strange. The last word of my last post changes by itself from a four-letter word :o

It's strange how the four-letter version of poo is such a dirty word in English. To quote a friend of mine: "Even my moter says s**t." There are many stories of exchange students in the US who let slip the word s**t and are immediately pegged as troublemakers. :))
    I think AJB has the same system. :v :p
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    It's a useful four letter word. :007)
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Let`s stop talking s**t. if Britsh MP`s are bad,why?
    Is it the class system with the public scools?
    Is it the media and their grip on people and politics?
    Someting else?
    I ave noticed how British newpapers are so divided into highbrow and lowbrow and some have very much a political profile without being owned by a political party. Is this a factor?
    I feel I have to defend our governement. We have some of the best politicains money can buy. :D
    In the past the people got the politicians they deserved. That was priceless ...
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,323MI6 Agent
    You can argue only narcissists go into politics as in itself the financial rewards are not great yet you run the risk of having any indiscretion exposed by the press.

The education system in this country sucks, so really only public school types have the confidence and werwithal (sp) to get into the game, and they have their own perspective on things. Personally I don't really care about subsidised booze, it's small beer you might say.

The Tories tend to privatise everything, supposedly for great competition but really just so it's another thing they don't have to be accountable for. I mean, if your train is late, you blame Southeastern, not the Govt, so that's a result for them.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    I have nothing but experience to back this up but, virtually all politicians are lying, corrupt or
    incompetent bast*rds. The last time I was fooled was Nick Clegg, I did think he would make
    a change and he did,he's more Tory than the Tories. I'll never vote again,it changes nothing
    Only wastes my time.
    It sad that you and many people like you are so dissillutioned about politics. Personally I'm not. I belive pretty much all politicians (at least where I am) work in politics because they want to change things for the better. Of cource some of them have different ideas than me about what the goal is and many have different ideas on how to reach the goals, but that's politics. Here many politicians had to accept a pay cut when they entered politics, only ministers get a car and most MP's don't have a secretary. A comment to my earlier post about the alcohol consumption of British MP's: One Norwegian MP spoke from the podium of the parliament when he was drunk. He nearly killed himself afterwards out of shame ...
    Oh, don't mind me I'm just getting cynical in my old age. :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited December 2013
    Very different topic but I am totally gutted and need to vent!

I have purchased an obscenely expensive set of OHMSS Corgi Rockets models from a professional seller in the UK.
    Prior to the shipment, I discovered, that the seller only insures things up to GBP 500,-- with Royal Mail - which is only a fraction of the value of the items.

So, I have bought an additional insurance over my watches insurance against damage or loss.

The items arrived - damaged - the blister of the mint packaging was damaged by the moving car models inside - probably because of a high shock.

dsc00594wblf8743vi.jpg
    dsc00593c6tjkyna12.jpg
    dsc00591qcp2v5dmwz.jpg

Now with shipping companies, there is a simple rule: If the package is damaged at the outside and if that causes the damage, the insurer will pay. If the package is unharmed but the contents are damaged, it's because of insufficient padding/wrapping and they don't pay.

I don't blame the seller for a bad wrapping/padding - it's the nature of the packaging and the age of the blister which is critical but they reply just with "it's not our fault" and leave me totally alone with everything.

Where is the ethics of businessmen: Make the customers happy or make sure that the client gets what he bitterly paid for?
    If I am buying such a thing from a private seller on ebay with low feedback, this kind of behaviour is encountered but from a professional seller?

Totally gutted! X-( X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!