The Rant Box

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Oh FFS, there's a gay footballer.

A few weeks ago that Tom Daley came out and 'bravely' declared to the world that he was gay as well.

People have just been on the news saying they hope the latest 'outty' (some footballer) has the courage to live his life blah blah blah.

It's getting real old and boring now, all this 'oh by the way, I'm gay' crap.

I find all this stuff really hypocritical as it seems the only people making a big deal about it supposedly not being a big deal are gay people.

So you're gay, I DON'T FOOKING CARE!
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,062MI6 Agent
    Here's my rant:
    People who don't recognize global climate change clearly haven't been alive very long. 8-)
    The star of Airwolf was the helicopter, NOT the actors. B-)
    Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood is sinfully under-rated. X-(
    People who don't like The Living Daylights should be made to watch Teletubbies for five days straight. -{
    American health insurance is now like American car insurance! X-(

Sorry for spewing... ;%
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,877MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    Is Always Shaken serious or not? I'm not always good at picking up irony ....

Yes, he is.

The Sudanese one legged already speak perfect English. :D

That's a relief. I thought he was pulling my leg ...
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    any input from our German brothers, my cousin said that all Germans where unanimous in stopping British style shopping hours
    because like a cancer it would eventually spread to everybody ,and they would all end up working 24/7

here, shops are usually closed on sunday. But there are exceptions in different areas for certain events.*

I used to work in retail when they have weakened the opening hours from 8-18:30 on workdays and 8-14:00 on Saturdays. Today everybody can open when he wants and how long he wants during workingdays.

The argument from the pro-side where the same but in reality there was no raise in revenues, shops are rarely paying more for late-work, more and more cheap staff (parttime) is hired to get a minimum staff coverage.

I was always against longer hours. Being single at that time, I managed to do my shopping on my day-off which never was on a saturday.

I am trying my best to limit my personal shopping to the "old" opening hours in solidarity with the existing staff.
    Glad that I am not in retail anymore :D

*believe it or not, but the churches here are the most influencal powers to prevent regular sunday-opening here.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    I am trying my best to limit my personal shopping to the "old" opening hours in solidarity with the existing staff.
    Glad that I am not in retail anymore :D

I do the same thing.
    edited January 2014
    New rant:
    Have been on a minicruise with Cunards Queen Elisabeth with mostly UK people on board over the weekend.
    It annoys me totally when people are late for the show and instead of silently putting themselfs to the rear rows, they walk to the front of the audience, preferrably have people stand up for them in order to catch a seat in the middle and then taking ages to sit on their arses and get their heads out of my view.

This lasted for 30 minutes after the show has begun X-(

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    100% agree, it piss*s me off. Same at the cinema or concert.why don't these
    people buy a watch. X-(
    Bar Stewards the lot.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,632MI6 Agent
    I think everyone who's late for anything should be shot...but they'd probably turn up late for their own execution and the firing squad would already have gone home.
    People who post youtube videos, with English titles. Then have the video itself in in
    Russian, German or Spanish etc. X-(
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AerospeedAerospeed Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    People who post youtube videos, with English titles. Then have the video itself in in
    Russian, German or Spanish etc. X-(

Also people who post a video on a forum only for it to have been locked in specific countries.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    is it me ,but are the adverts on for longer,i cant stand adverts,i hope we don't end up with (no offence ) U,S style T.V
    half the stuff they advertise is rubbish anyway
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,764Chief of Staff
    is it me ,but are the adverts on for longer

Yes they are....I think there used to be a 3 minute ad-break rule - during a show - but it was changed to 4 minutes last year...
    YNWA 97
    They also seem to he more often. On some of the satalite stations they seem to have a break every 10 to 15 minutes.
    I've given up watching a few films on channel 5 because of how many breaks in them. :#
    They also seem to he more often. On some of the satalite stations they seem to have a break every 10 to 15 minutes.

If its only a 25-30 min program then its going to be that for the ad break :D

I think film ad breaks are a little different....the tv channels are only allowed so many minutes of ads per hour...its probably up to them how they do this though...
    YNWA 97
    Not just ads, but now Ice-cream vans can play their tunes for longer too. Instead of
    4 seconds as in the past, they can now blast out up to 12 seconds. ;)
    My rant: The german beer cartel!

2006 - 2008, the big german beer producers rose their prices with 1 Euro/crate

Thus their additional profit went by rumored 500-1000 million Euros in these 3 years.
    The anti-cartel trust is now punishing them with a 100 million Euros fine.

Yes, correct - sounds still like a good deal to me if I was a brewer…..

Now the best to come: To finance the fine, the big beer companies announced a price hike for this year - so the consumer will get shafted twice: At first with inflated prices and now they have to pay for the fine.

Time to skip to champagne only X-(

My rant: I HATE when people say "I could care less" when they're trying to convey the idea that they COULDN'T care less!!! It makes one sound so childish IMO. Is this just an American thing? ?:)
    chrisisall wrote:
    My rant: I HATE when people say "I could care less" when they're trying to convey the idea that they COULDN'T care less!!! It makes one sound so childish IMO. Is this just an American thing? ?:)

I could care less tbh :))
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    chrisisall wrote:

I could care less tbh :))
    I set myself up for that one... :#
    :))
    Bondtoys wrote:
    My rant: The german beer cartel!

2006 - 2008, the big german beer producers rose their prices with 1 Euro/crate

Thus their additional profit went by rumored 500-1000 million Euros in these 3 years.
    The anti-cartel trust is now punishing them with a 100 million Euros fine.

Yes, correct - sounds still like a good deal to me if I was a brewer…..

Now the best to come: To finance the fine, the big beer companies announced a price hike for this year - so the consumer will get shafted twice: At first with inflated prices and now they have to pay for the fine.

Time to skip to champagne only X-(

On that theme....

The Government is looking into introducing a minimum cost per can of alcohol...all because some p!ss-heads get too drunk ! I'm a responsible(ish) adult, I like the occasional drink but I'm going to have to pay more money because of them X-(
    YNWA 97
    To combine two rants, As a non drinker I coukdn't care less about its cost. :))
    I also think it's far too cheap anyway. :p
    I'm with Sir Miles: I could care less. A lot less.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    just watched a prog on the BEEB (where else) about the police use of firearms to wit deadly force
    when stopping armed/dangerous criminals, now the good old bleeding heart/hand wringers at the BEEB,cant wait to grill the
    police when some poor old crim gets shot, I wish ,just for once they could get the crims (faces blacked out of course) on the show
    to give their side of what they intend to do with those weapons ? Now luckily or unluckily if you speak to my misses ,I was fortunate enough to be allowed on ambushes (belive me its not like the TV )now there was no misunderstanding on what these men if cornered would do with those weapons, and yes it could have been your mum/dad /wife/sister ect working in that bank
    and that experience will scar you mentaly for life (just look at me wibble) now if you are unfortunate to be shot
    forget John Wayne staggering about with extra holes in your body , you will have an entry point ,about as big as the bullet itself
    and an exit hole depending on weapon used and distance ,as big as a saucer not nice (ask ASP 9mm im sure hes seen a few)
    so its not a game out there ,if you don't want PLOD to shoot you don't carry guns simple.
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I think these Crims are just misunderstood. A hug ( as suggested by our glorious leader Dave ) would
    Work wonders. Perhaps a course on childhood issues and a chorus of kumbaya. :)) :p :))
    just watched a prog on the BEEB (where else) about the police use of firearms to wit deadly force
    when stopping armed/dangerous criminals, now the good old bleeding heart/hand wringers at the BEEB,cant wait to grill the
    police when some poor old crim gets shot, I wish ,just for once they could get the crims (faces blacked out of course) on the show
    to give their side of what they intend to do with those weapons ? Now luckily or unluckily if you speak to my misses ,I was fortunate enough to be allowed on ambushes (belive me its not like the TV )now there was no misunderstanding on what these men if cornered would do with those weapons, and yes it could have been your mum/dad /wife/sister ect working in that bank
    and that experience will scar you mentaly for life (just look at me wibble) now if you are unfortunate to be shot
    forget John Wayne staggering about with extra holes in your body , you will have an entry point ,about as big as the bullet itself
    and an exit hole depending on weapon used and distance ,as big as a saucer not nice (ask ASP 9mm im sure hes seen a few)
    so its not a game out there ,if you don't want PLOD to shoot you don't carry guns simple.

I hear you...my best friend was shot dead by criminals....unfortunately they got their weapons from a police officers house...they stole three handguns and they were all used to kill someone...PLEASE don't get me started on this issue...ALL firearms should be locked away at gun clubs...NO exceptions....
    YNWA 97
    To be honest guys I agree 100% with you but you're missing the point; the beeb, and any other media group is simply gonna get you're attention by pissing you off. It's how they get you talking and buying the papers etc.

I'm surprised anyone, police included, is prepared to defend themselves for fear of legal ramifications afterwards.

As AS states, if you don't wanna get shot, don't take any risks.

Now don't get me wrong, everyone makes mistakes, no one is perfect and you get good and bad in all walks of life, but if you're in bacon's shoes, do you not fire, hoping that's not a real gun the bank robber is bringing round to your direction, putting you, your fellow officers and the public at risk or do you take mr robin banks out.

This question could be discussed for hours, contemplating the consequences of your (as the copper) actions, the effects it has mentally on you, the knock on effects to your home life and family, the family of the criminal having lost their child/partner/brother etc, the risks involved and the pros and cons of firing or not firing.

Sadly the firearms officer had about 0.3secs to do that. And he can't miss.

The family of Mark Duggan may be bereaved and I feel sorry for anyone suffering loss, but if Mark were a good boy and stopped to think where his life of crime might lead him then he might still be here now.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    Adopt-a-Crim, I say. :x
    I detest. Gary Barlow. X-(
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    What about Ken :v
    No I like Barbie too much to upset her. ;)