The Rant Box

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    see my reply on (2,163) in the silencer and the bra strap
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Now I'm no money expert ( luckily as I have none, I never have to worry about it ) ;) but .....
    They did away with many of the banking regulations, and that lead to the biggest
    Collapse of the system for decades, we're all still paying off their debts. X-(
    Now the government has removed many of the regulations on pensions !........ So stand
    By for ( in years to come) people not having enough left in their pension fund with, con men
    Swindling people out of their nest eggs ( I include banks as Con men, with mis-selling of
    PPI etc ) , I think in a few years this will be another big scandle. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Yes, Retail is indeed horrible :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Now I'm no money expert ( luckily as I have none, I never have to worry about it ) ;) but .....
    They did away with many of the banking regulations, and that lead to the biggest
    Collapse of the system for decades, we're all still paying off their debts. X-(
    Now the government has removed many of the regulations on pensions !........ So stand
    By for ( in years to come) people not having enough left in their pension fund with, con men
    Swindling people out of their nest eggs ( I include banks as Con men, with mis-selling of
    PPI etc ) , I think in a few years this will be another big scandle. :#

Yes I read ,a lot of those pensioners (the press have nick-named them the Lambourghini pensioners) because they think a lot of them will go and spunk it all on a sports car , 8-)
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent
    People who use both armrests on a plane (or in the theatre for that matter). They're not wide enough for us both, so one is yours and one is mine. No..?
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
    Private Jet, is the only way to go ! :))
    Although I do agree, that in today's world some basic manners seem to
    be slipping. I don't expect us to be a Jane Austin novel, but even some
    Of the basic courtesies are disappearing. :#
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,579Chief of Staff
    People who use both armrests on a plane (or in the theatre for that matter). They're not wide enough for us both, so one is yours and one is mine. No..?

That's easy - BOTH are MINE :D
    YNWA 97
    On air plane seats, most of my big arse squeezes on to the arm rests. :))
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    WIFI keeps dropping. It only happens for a few seconds. Pain in the arse
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    X-( Happens here once in a blue moon, and yes it's a major pain. :#
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    "Wifi Hotspots" indeed! :#
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Our WiFi is the same :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    There's nothing more aggravating than a slow, really slow WiFi connection.
    Out shopping today, tried to drop in on AJB, but it was so slow. I felt like
    Throwing my phone across the shop. :))
    With regards to the big diamond robbery in Londons Hatton garden (it will be a film in 10 years time) the security guard on duty
    said he :D went to investigate ,but thought bugger this ,im not paid enough to do this ,and then went back to his cup of tea and SUN newspaper, well the words peanuts and monkeys spring to mind
    I wonder who will play the security guard in the film ? :))
    For the film the story may change and " One lone Security Guard must
    Single handedly, take on the might of the London underworld ! "
    " in a world without heroes you can always depend on one Man !
    Watch Jason Statham as Paul Blart: Mall Cop 3, The London Connection !". :))
    :)) :))
    I seem to remember a film with Ian McShane about a French bank robbery
    When they broke into security boxes, drilling in from the sewers, and getting
    Away with a fortune. Which was based on a true story ? From first reports
    This robbery was similar, drilling in from a lift shaft.
    " I'd like to see them try that in my bayou, boy !" :))
    Now that's modern policing ! :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:

We always used to advise nightwatchmen/security people NOT to intervene in any incident, no good stumbling into something then getting your brains beaten out. The advice was withdraw without being seen & call the police, open the entrance gates or main door to allow rapid entry by the responding officers then keep out of the way. I don't read newspaprs so haven't seen any details of this incident but surely this security bloke can't have heard or seen anything which really made him suspicious otherwise he would have put a 999 call in?

I think I read yesterday that the guard said the alarm went off, he went to the room that holds the safety deposit boxes and looked in through the window. Everything seemed to be in order, and so he returned to his post. If that was an accurate account, it sounds reasonable. False alarms are common in many places and if everything looked fine, he likely did what was required of him in that situation. Of course, now that GBP200m of lovelies have gone missing, they may try and make him the scapegoat.
    In a way I have to laugh at multi millionaires, who stash their I'll gotten gains
    Away. Then pay minimum wage to the guy protecting them. :)) :)) :))
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    In a way I have to laugh at multi millionaires, who stash their I'll gotten gains
    Away. Then pay minimum wage to the guy protecting them. :)) :)) :))
    :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) :)) {[]
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Get a midget, folded into a security box, and you've got yourself an inside man. ;)
    Going by news reports, with having to rappel down a lift shaft etc. I'd say they
    Should be looking for a few sacked soldiers. ;)
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Brinks Matt springs to mind....
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    At Work, only a few selected People are allowed into the Area with the more expensive Products.
    At Work, only a few selected People are allowed into the Area with the more expensive Products.

When I worked at a supermarket the safe key split into two halves, I used to take home half with me...plus I used to 'sit in' when they filled up the cash-point machines...LOTS of cash there !
    YNWA 97
    I've never seen any of the Cash at my Branch. It's all kept behind Lock and Key.
    I've never seen any of the Cash at my Branch. It's all kept behind Lock and Key.

Big bundles of £10's and £20's....all pushed into the room on a tea trolley :))
    YNWA 97
    :))

I know, it's rather funny.
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I thought I'd surprise 'er in doors once by spreading a load of 10's, 20's and even a few 50's on the bed, and laying there as starkers as the day I was born.

She came in, with eye's all a gog and jaw hitting the floor, she took one look and said;

"put the fooking monopoly away, I ain't playing that at this time of night"

I bid a quick retreat back to the cupboard under the stairs.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    edited April 2015
    stag wrote:
    ..... I am scratching my head over this one.

You're not the only one!

I've run through a number of scenarios and non of them make sense.

I initially thought that the alarm , given the building, must have been what we call a 'central station alarm' which will generate a police response. I can picture officers turning up, speaking to the security guard ,being told everything is ok and then leaving. It would then be the responsibility of the alarm company to inform a key holder and them to deal with any resets etc.

What leaves me baffled, is whether police were informed or not, why was the alarm not reset or a key holder/manager in attendance ??

It has been revealed today that police where advised of an 'intruder alarm' activated at 00:21 on April 3rd but 'no police response was deemed required' ....Why ???

Met Police alarms policy has changed drastically over the years. Unless it's a 'central station alarm' which is a direct link to police (and the company have paid for attendance) or there are added suspicious circumstances like noises heard, people seen etc ... police do not attend. It appears in this case that the alarm company called police but the police operator has graded it for non attendence.

The whole thing sounds like a complete **** up. I also read today that the manager of the building is away on holiday and has not returned!!

The plot thickens ! :o