The Rant Box

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    But they did leave once Piece of Evidence, A Lime Green Trainer.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    So the police have had big cut backs, with more to come same with the Army ! :#
    I do find it funny how politicians always praise them, at the same time freezing
    Wages and sacking people . :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    But they did leave once Piece of Evidence, A Lime Green Trainer.

Was it a size 16 with the toes cut off?
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Climbing down lift shafts, sounds a bit like
    The robbery in the rue morgue ! :)) highly trained chimps! ;)
    That's the answer.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Usually, well I suspect always, in cases where high value items are stored, be that a bank vault or a bonded warehouse, those doing so have to satisfy their insurers that they conform to certain protocols, especially in relation to security. As said I have only read what I have read here but I would guess that part of the insurers terms would be physical security both in terms of at least one guard & an alarm system. I will be very surprised to hear that such an alarm wasn't linked. If it is then that leads to two avenues of inquiry, the alarm system has been tampered with &/or bypassed (unlikely but possible) or it has been turned off. I would like to know if it was linked as then the guard, or his decision not to investigate, would have been overridden by an automatic police response. Given the nature of the goods stored I find it unlikely that a contact call from the central monitoring station would have sufficed. Also CCTV would be monitoring the building 24/7 & recording straight to a hard drive. This should yield a few clues. I remember responding to an alarm at a bonded warehouse once. The silent alarm had been triggered prompting the police to turn up in force. The security man was patrolling the compound at the time but was detained until his identity could be established & a search of the building took place. It turned out it was a false alarm but, given that sort of response to such alarms, I am scratching my head over this one.

Haven't read any more reports since yesterday, but shortly after the robbery one newspaper report said they'd stolen the hard-drive as well. The hard-drive was housed in a separate facility next door, again leading to suspicions that it was an inside job.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    That looks like it was down to human error and an operator grading the call wrongly ... But having said that, we don't know what information that operator was given and why they felt it necessary to grade it as ' no attendance required.' ... Also was the call just logged or was it passed to a supervisor??? So many questions ...

It still doesn't explain why a key holder was not informed/attended or alarms reset ... That would not be down to the police.

The alarm would have been a basic that the burglars would have thought about ...

Whole thing sounds like a perfect storm in favour of the criminals.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I Think ,that Hatton Garden ,comes under the protection of the City of London Police , So I there fore think that "THE MET" would have been totally ignorant to the fact ,that a alarm was in progress . I there fore also agree with Staggy ,that when one turns up to yet another bleedin false alarm , a quick cursory look around the building ,a rattle of a few doors ,well the security man said he wasnt worried ,so off we jolly well go back on patrol in the ghost town that is a city of London bank holiday week end .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Chicken pox suck poop through a straw. Day 4 awaits and still no signs of improvement. :(
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:
    Chicken pox suck poop through a straw. Day 4 awaits and still no signs of improvement. :(

I take it you mean babyminigeff has it ? If so, at least it will be over and done with at a young age ! If it's shingles- oh dear...that is poop !! :#

My son can't get chicken pox...and trust me, we've tried :o
    YNWA 97
    Yeah it's microgeff who's got it, but she's getting through it. Just had very little kip again.

Cheers though pal
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I Think ,that Hatton Garden ,comes under the protection of the City of London Police , So I there fore think that "THE MET" would have been totally ignorant to the fact ,that a alarm was in progress . I there fore also agree with Staggy ,that when one turns up to yet another bleedin false alarm , a quick cursory look around the building ,a rattle of a few doors ,well the security man said he wasnt worried ,so off we jolly well go back on patrol in the ghost town that is a city of London bank holiday week end .

I think you'll find that Hatton Garden is covered by The Met. It's covered by Camden to be precise.

Its also being investigated by The Met.
    Sir Miles wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

I take it you mean babyminigeff has it ? If so, at least it will be over and done with at a young age ! If it's shingles- oh dear...that is poop !! :#

My son can't get chicken pox...and trust me, we've tried :o

When I was pregnant I made some enquiries as I was sure I had never had Chicken Pox as a child but a GP insisted I probably had.

When Lady Rose Jnr was 14 months old and we had been going to lots of baby groups, I started feeling unwell and got lots of horrible spots ... you guessed it, I got chicken pox. My daughter then got chicken pox off me!!

She was fine, running around all spotty and happy. I felt bloody awful :#

Much better to get it young.
    minigeff wrote:
    Yeah it's microgeff who's got it, but she's getting through it. Just had very little kip again.

Cheers though pal

Good to know that she's doing alright :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    minigeff wrote:

Cheers though pal

It's always worse when your kids get something - you'd much rather have it yourself...especially if they can't articulate the issues...she should be over the worst of it now, another day or so should see a marked improvement...it really is the lack of sleep that's a killer though ! Best of luck...
    YNWA 97
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    She was fine, running around all spotty and happy. I felt bloody awful :#
    enter_site.jpg
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,332Chief of Staff
    Commiserations and best wishes, mg. Hope she recovers soon. I caught shingles in my 40s and it was not fun.
    On a lighter note, I like "Emily" as a name and I'll be suggesting that one (not that I get much say, of course!).
    We're decided to leave the Naming until the last Minute -{
    Lady Rose wrote:

I think you'll find that Hatton Garden is covered by The Met. It's covered by Camden to be precise.

Its also being investigated by The Met.

Yes ,thanks for correcting me ,for the benefit of our world wide audience , :) Hatton garden is indeed covered by the boys from the MET :D ,Not the City police as I thought ,but it has been a long time 8-)
    People.

Grrrr. People irritate me. People standing in doorways, people standing too close to me in the supermarche queue, people standing talking on their mob-yoo-lar phones at the ATM, people who can't park their cars properly, people who treat the road like Brands Hatch, people acting like fecking robots and following procedure and rules instead of using a little common decency and common sense.

You're a funny lot you humans.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    ^ Yes, some of them belong in the zoo or the museum! :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Or my slave barge. ;%

7593091-large.jpg
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    minigeff wrote:
    People.

Grrrr. People irritate me. People standing in doorways, people standing too close to me in the supermarche queue, people standing talking on their mob-yoo-lar phones at the ATM, people who can't park their cars properly, people who treat the road like Brands Hatch, people acting like fecking robots and following procedure and rules instead of using a little common decency and common sense.

Some git shoved past the OH and nearly knocked her over Yesterday whilst she was walking to Guilford Train Station after Work X-( Clearly he couldn't see that she is Pregnant.
    I hate bloody pensioners , we was in M&S yesterday ,they are everywhere, they all moan they cant manage ,well shop in LIDL then its a lot cheaper, they all crowd the 2 meals for a £10 counter ,like bleedin pigeons all going coo coo look look ,all getting under your feet and bumping in to everyone .Then when you have to go to the hospital for a blood test ,they are all queing outside at 7 am ,WHERE HAVE THEY GOT TO BLOODY WELL BE AT 9am ?
    I could never understand why pensioners go shopping at peak times. You'd think that if you're retired and had a choice to go at any time in the day you'd go mid morning or mid afters to miss all the traffic and people rushing to work and home in the evening.

Therefore, I propose that we have a pensioner curfew. Anyone over the age of 60 seen out between 07:00 - 10:00 and 15:00 - 17:00 should promptly be took to one side, had a quiet word with and then shot.
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    I hate bloody pensioners , we was in M&S yesterday ,they are everywhere, they all moan they cant manage ,well shop in LIDL then its a lot cheaper, they all crowd the 2 meals for a £10 counter ,like bleedin pigeons all going coo coo look look ,all getting under your feet and bumping in to everyone .Then when you have to go to the hospital for a blood test ,they are all queing outside at 7 am ,WHERE HAVE THEY GOT TO BLOODY WELL BE AT 9am ?

Ugh, don't remind me :#
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

Or my slave barge. ;%

7593091-large.jpg

Yes, she is a fine figure of a woman, although slavery was abolished a long time ago in Britain. :)) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Just bare in mind that we'll all be pensioners some day...if we live long enough that is!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    People.

Sit down, Minigeff, and count slowly to ten. Then pour yourself a measure of your favourite bewrage and listen to some good music. :)

200_s.gif
    Read in the paper .that a lady from the U.S is taking SeaWorld Orlando to court ,for cruelty to the Orcas (killer whales )
    it says ,that the holding pens that they are kept in before/after shows are to small to shallow ect ,and the Orcas get sunburnt . It then says that to hide the sun burns ,the staff are instructed to cover up the marks with black paint ?
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:
    Therefore, I propose that we have a pensioner curfew. Anyone over the age of 60 seen out between 07:00 - 10:00 and 15:00 - 17:00 should promptly be took to one side, had a quiet word with and then shot.

:o Bloody School Kids :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.