The Rant Box

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    Apparently IPSA, the governing body that decides on MP's pay packets has decided that all MP's need a £7000 pay rise this year.

They also commented to the tune that because MP's don't take the pi$$ with their expenses anymore (whatever) the cost to the public will be virtually unnoticeable. Hold on. There's no additional cost because they're just going to recieve the money legitimately instead of dressing it up as expenses?!

Only in politics could you get so corrupt, immoral and criminal and still maintain employment.

Truly utterly and nauseatingly disgusting.

Oh and Cameron doesn't want to get involved because IPSA operate out of the jurisdiction of government and he doesn't want to interfere. Course not Mr Cameron, you utter B@ST@RD!
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    minigeff wrote:

Only in politics could you get so corrupt, immoral and criminal and still maintain employment.

!

You're forgetting banking and finance :D
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    minigeff wrote:

!

You're forgetting banking and finance :D

And Retail Managers :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    They are watching Empire ,which means I have to watch it "WHAT A PILE OF CRAP"
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Celebrities and their embarrassing rich spoiled kids ..... 8-)
    http://news.sky.com/story/1495097/tom-hanks-son-defends-his-use-of-racial-slur
    Tom Hanks wannabe rapper son. :)) desperately trying to be " Street" by using the N
    word. Just comes across as spoiled, rich and playing at being a rapper this week. I
    Wonder what career he'll try next week. Something in diplomacy ? :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,695MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:
    5132853828663570_506eb5f581ea1ddf3a2eecc503b4968cd35f29731057049b5151e4b5049b0275_large
    :))

"Pride comes before the fall."
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    It seems his problems aren't over yet ! Several news reports say the
    FBI are investigating Blatter. :)) I predict he'll be retiring to a nice tranquil
    Little country with no extradition to the US. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I'm loving all the FIFA guys are turning on each other .... Jack Warner is throwing Sepp under the bus now saying he has evidence of his corruption too :))
    :)) yes " Rats leaving the ship" and " If I'm going down, I'm taking you with me".
    Spring to mind. :D I'd say they're all rushing to try and be the first to make a deal
    with the FBI. ;)

"we can do a deal. I'll buy you a new stadium, in stainless steel " :))
    You always rarely hear of corruption on other Sports.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    To be honest in my opinion if money is involved, then there's going to be
    Corruption. :# I'm sure we all have stories of local raffles etc, where money
    has gone missing. With FIFA it's just on a Spectre organisation scale ! :))
    The FIFA Meetings do look like SPECTRE Meetups :))
    edited June 2015
    Just watching the news oh theres a surprise ,the Greatest police force in the world :D The London Metropolitan police ,
    is being criticized for its failure in its efforts in the solving of rapes in London :s Well if your going to starve it of millions of pounds and get rid of all its brave boys ,what the bloody hell do you expect X-( but im sure our wonderful leaders can find millions of pounds to send abroad to help them by space ships .

The Police are also in trouble for not finding Amber Peat, the 13 year old runaway sooner .. :#

What's the saying at the moment ... 'Cuts have consequences' ...

I resigned last month after 30 years working with The Met. I joined when I was 18 so you can say I was there man and boy. I was a police officer for many years and then moved to a civilian role in later years after being injured on duty .... The past few years have been completely dreadful. More and more work with less and less resources and a constant threat of discipline if you make a mistake. Moral and atmosphere are absolutely awful.

The public, if I'm honest, are becoming increasingly ridiculous in what they expect the police to deal with. That I can tolerate but getting it from senior officers is too much.

Fortunately I am in a position I could resign but my hubby left a couple of years ago after 23 years service so that's 50 odd years of experience down the swanny ...

The NHS is having similar problems if not more so ....
    :)) if you watch the video Higgins shared. FIFA's meeting room looks
    Exactly like the war room from Dr Strangelove ! :))
    ( An excellent bit of design from the great Ken Adam ) {[]
    After ranting in my previous post about why I left the police ,I've just been listening to Jeremy Vine and I'm ranting even more ....

All the talk about 'statistics show there is less crime' is all because the figures are manipulated and there are just large chunks of crime that are no longer recordable but still happen .... X-( X-(
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Just watching the news oh theres a surprise ,the Greatest police force in the world :D The London Metropolitan police ,
    is being criticized for its failure in its efforts in the solving of rapes in London :s Well if your going to starve it of millions of pounds and get rid of all its brave boys ,what the bloody hell do you expect X-( but im sure our wonderful leaders can find millions of pounds to send abroad to help them by space ships .

The Police are also in trouble for not finding Amber Peat, the 13 year old runaway sooner .. :#

What's the saying at the moment ... 'Cuts have consequences' ...

I resigned last month after 30 years working with The Met. I joined when I was 18 so you can say I was there man and boy. I was a police officer for many years and then moved to a civilian role in later years after being injured on duty .... The past few years have been completely dreadful. More and more work with less and less resources and a constant threat of discipline if you make a mistake. Moral and atmosphere are absolutely awful.

The public, if I'm honest, are becoming increasingly ridiculous in what they expect the police to deal with. That I can tolerate but getting it from senior officers is too much.

Fortunately I am in a position I could resign but my hubby left a couple of years ago after 23 years service so that's 50 odd years of experience down the swanny ...

Im not British, but I will still thank you both for your service

thank-you.jpg
    Lady Rose wrote:
    After ranting in my previous post about why I left the police ,I've just been listening to Jeremy Vine and I'm ranting even more ....

All the talk about 'statistics show there is less crime' is all because the figures are manipulated and there are just large chunks of crime that are no longer recordable but still happen .... X-( X-(

My son ,was called to rape (999) and when they got there ,a man was waiting for the police ,he had been raped ??
    no crime was eventually reported , but a crime had taken place 8-)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    You always rarely hear of corruption on other Sports.

Actually, there are few sports that haven't been touched by corruption it's just that football is by far the biggest and richest sport in the world and therefore when there is corruption, it tends to be bigger and richer! Cycling, wrestling and athletics have all suffered hugely by corruption in recent years. Baseball has had betting problems. American football has had domestic violence issues and the whole inflate-gate thing. Cricket has had some major corruption issues. As TP says, where there's money, there's corruption...and he knows because his photography business has brought down governments! :v
    :)) The only thing my photography has brought down, is my prices ! :))
    And finished all of his Rivals :))
    stag wrote:

Don't be fooled about crime rates because crime has never gone away.

I get so annoyed when I hear the likes of Teresa May repeatedly saying 'the statistics show' this or that because it is just nonsense. The problem is so many decisions are made because of statistics e.g. Police Budgets

Crimes are downgraded all the time. When I started, assaults that would have been classified as GBH (Grievous Bodily Harm) are now quite often recorded as ABH (Actual Bodily Harm) and likewise, ABH is now common assault. It was also common practise for what was an obvious attempted burglary ( jemmy marks and damage round a door/window frame ) being recorded as a criminal damage .... I could go on .

Typical of how things are manipulated is response times. Police were failing to meet response times so what do the management do? Increase the response times 8-)

God,I feel liberated!! I never used to post anything about work because I was obviously I was still involved but now ... :v
    now your free as a bird , :)
    It will not be long before some politician suggests, communities could
    Pay extra for a higher level of Police activity, or for G4S to act as help
    In various areas. ;) not for a better service but because it's Cheap ! :))
    It will not be long before some politician suggests, communities could
    Pay extra for a higher level of Police activity, or for G4S to act as help
    In various areas. ;) not for a better service but because it's Cheap ! :))

Yes and the money they save ,they can send to third world countries ,to teach them how to speak/read English
    then they can all come over here ,and rob us blind ,take up all the school places ,take up all the NHS ques
    and then leave people like my parents ,struggling to live on a pension , X-(
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    The problem is so many decisions are made because of statistics
    HowtoLie.jpg
    :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,392Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:

Yes, very similar. I've been out of it for a while but from what I hear things have just continued down the "do more paperwork with fewer staff" route, so the core part of the work is sidelined.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I got back 2 days ago from Arizona after tying up loose ends after my Father's passing. He left on his final journey whilst I was en route to bid him farewell (That, by definition, sucks). At least he knew I was coming. He was 92- a great run. He was a WWII vet & served with many UK & Russian troops. Twice wounded & recieved a Purple Heart. He joins my Mom in the circle of life. Just wanted to post this here for what it's worth.
    He would have made a great spy, if chance had selected him for it...

RIP, Dad.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    My condolences

(but did you post this in the Rant thread on purpose?)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,392Chief of Staff
    Sad to hear that, Chris.
    My condolences Chris, the loss of a parent leaves a huge hole in your heart.
    They're all our heroes.