The Rant Box

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im useless at using them since only over once in a blue moon when I'm back in the UK!!!!!! Im prob a bit like the guy you saw walking off!!

No human interaction can be a good thing in some shops though!!!!

Especially in a busy Supermarket :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Does this mean kids can now buy Adult mags :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    :)) :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,616Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Im useless at using them since only over once in a blue moon when I'm back in the UK!!!!!! Im prob a bit like the guy you saw walking off!!

Nah...he knew what he was doing...he tried the patter though :D
    welshboy78 wrote:
    No human interaction can be a good thing in some shops though!!!!

It can...but not often ! ;)

I went to the Post Office to pick a parcel up today...really rude assistant behind the counter...gave me a dirty look before she even spoke...and then dealt with me as though to serve me was beneath me...fair enough...but no idea why she gave me BS ! I pulled her up on it, took my parcel and left...
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,379Chief of Staff
    Tell me, is this rude?

Me: Quarter-pounder with cheese and large fries, please.
    McD guy: Is that a meal?
    Me: No, a meal would have a drink with it.
    McD guy: ?:)
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Tell me, is this rude?

Me: Quarter-pounder with cheese and large fries, please.
    McD guy: Is that a meal?
    Me: No, a meal would have a drink with it.
    McD guy: ?:)
    Maybe, maybe not, but either way it's funny. :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Reminds me of the scene in (Falling Down) " We stopped serving breakfast " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I did think of adding "Don't they teach you these things?" but refrained- that would have been rude.
    Hugh Dennis once said " A happy meal, I bet the cow wasn't too happy " :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I always enjoy Hugh Dennis, especially when he's with Steve Punt. They do "The Now Show" on radio together, but I haven't seen Punt on TV in some time.
    Yep, The Now show and the News Quiz. I love radio 4 for all their comedy shows. {[]
    Wonder who'll replace Sandi Toksvig?
    So long as Jeremy Hardy doesn't get it. I do like him as
    A panelist but his voice is very " Down" for a host. It will
    Be sad to see Sandi go. A very funny and intelligent lady. -{
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I frikking hate those machines lol

There are some shops I love using those machines in, and others that I studiously avoid. Depends on the product and the packing. There's nothing worse than scanning your things and paying for them in 30 seconds and then being glared at angrily when it takes you 10 minutes to pack them!
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Resetted my laptop last night. What a pain in the arse!
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    So long as Jeremy Hardy doesn't get it. I do like him as
    A panelist but his voice is very " Down" for a host. It will
    Be sad to see Sandi go. A very funny and intelligent lady. -{

What would you think of Susan Calman taking over?
    edited June 2015
    I'd be very happy, I love her humour and she would be a great counter
    To some of the Oxbridge types. :)) forgot to add she too is also quite
    Short. ;)
    ... so could use many of Sandi's jokes! :))
    :)) ... a continuity in script writing. ;)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I see the commies in charge of Islington council in North London ,are going to impose a tax/levy/fine ,call it what you will on residents cars ,that are diesel ? due to the beardy sandal hand wringing twits saying it causes pollution ,
    well I guess that they wont want the police and the fire brigade and refuse collection trucks driving through their red borough then ?
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    :o That's unbelievable.

having been persuaded by the powers that be to switch from petrol to diesel ,now the powers that be are going to impose a£100 tax on residents that own diesel cars , The govt should step in and tell Islington council to P*ss off back to Moscow
    Yes, I remember all the advice to buy diesel cars ( had one myself) infact the
    Price was meant to be kept lower than petrol. Just another example of " Hit the
    Motorist for money" .
    For instance how many self employed people have diesel vans etc to earn their
    Living.
    Motorist for money" .
    Living.

err all of them ,yet Mr Jeremy Clarkson ,once said ,that on the new BMW 5 diesel turbo ,the air that came out of the exhaust pipe
    was cleaner than the air going into the air filter 8-) ,but that could be just Jezzer stretching the truth a tad :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,616Chief of Staff

having been persuaded by the powers that be to switch from petrol to diesel ,now the powers that be are going to impose a£100 tax on residents that own diesel cars , The govt should step in and tell Islington council to P*ss off back to Moscow

Isn't this a Conservative policy ? From Boris ? I'm sure he wants this to come in....
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    Motorist for money" .
    Living.

That, or perhaps it's just a question of science? Back when the authorities were informed by the scientists that diesel was better for the envirorment. Recent testing has showed that diesel is in fact worse for the envirorment locally. The government taxed the motorists for mony long before most people cared about the envirorment. If taxation can be used to change the motorists into behaviour that's better for the envirorment, it's a good thing. In Norway taxation and other measures have been used to back electrical cars. As a result sales for eletrical cars is among the highest in the world. In the future carmakers will offer other solutions that are even better (hydrogen) and the government will shift the backing from eletrical to better tecnology. I understand this is a problem for people who bought dielsel cars, but it's good for society as a whole.
    For me the problem is how selective the government is in its Health ideas.
    Fast food has lead to a rise in obesity, yet. No extra tax or payment from the
    Restaurants is required or sought. ( have to keep those multinational companies
    Happy). Alcohol, also has huge health problems, yet the government has not brought
    In a minimum price for it ( as the drinks companies are big donors to the conservative
    Party).
    Whereas individual motorists, have no power to fight back, are an easy target. So get
    Hit, time and time again with extra taxes and fines.
    electric cars do sound good on paper ,and im sure by 2500 ad every one will have one ,and the battery will be as big as a matchbox,
    But at the moment ,we have to set fire to a big pile of coal ,boil up thousands of gallons of drinking water mturn the water into steam ,which in turn spins a dynamo ,thus producing electricity , or we could just over heat a pile of radioactive stuff ,and boil the water that way . And when weve finished with the radioactive stuff ,the only safe place to store its by products is on the moon
    (some of us oldies remember space 1999 ) So electricity isn't that clean , and we keep being told that any winter now ,the lights will go out ,to a lack of ,yes electricity ,so wheres all these cars going to get charged up ?? its all a big con ,to tax us petrol heads even more .I think the old foreign aid coffers are running low ,and we don't have enough cash to give to India ,so they can put another rocket in space , X-(
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Gutted about what happened yesterday in Charleston, NC.

What really drives me mad are officials on cameras saying" it was the deed of a crazy man" and so on.
    This may be right, but the bigger beef to me is weapons!!

I cringe when I see people here showing off with their penis-replacements called guns and tell us how cool it is to empty a round or two.

I am speechless that in the US, all initiatives to limit or ban private ownership have been without success. President Obama was subject of immense flak when he started an initiative 2 years ago

- just because the majority of US citizens want to keep their toys
    - The NRA is so influencial that they almost rule the country.

Nobody dares to ask, why it was so easy for a 21 year old to het access to a firearm which kills people like it did yesterday. The weapons lobby ride on the constitutional right of US citizens to own and use guns.
    These people are not protecting anyone but their own business!

And I am gutted to see a great country with great people being divided because some people with financial interests are setting people against each other with a hate, which is not seen anywhere else in the world - just to keep their own business running. Koch brothers - I am speaking about you!

Everytime that I see a firearm, I am getting angry, upset and scared and the only way that US individuals may change their view is when one of their loved ones gets killed by one.

Jon Stewart made touching comments on this matter yesterday:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaW47WxcwPQ
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    -{ great clip. I too just can't understand the American love of guns. :#