The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,943MI6 Agent
    Yip got mine today and I agree it's the wrong black colour again not what I ordered
    Ross
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Another angle
    P1210317.jpg

This pic doesn't look too bad and seems close enough - no?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    My customer account still shows processing and no tracking information via email yet.

I really hope there is no additional delay.
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    Well it definitely is not brown like your jacket or the one on the website.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    It looks black to me in the film and on the one that craig wore for the magazine cover (which i presume is the same one), you guys wanted the strip to be more brown?
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Another angle
    P1210317.jpg
    Yeah mine on back of neck is really dark brown but the pockets I can't see any brown just looks black. Not sure Craig's was like black in the film it was very dark lighting. Not sure I just liked the contrast on the websites picture the one I have blends in a lot. Ryan
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Am I the only one happy that I have a peacoat that is 99.5% accurate to the screen version?
    Sounds like it lol {[]
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    I think people have a right to be a little upset. The final product is diifferent than the stock pics and the "very special limited edition created just for Bond fans" is now going to be produced every single year. Funny how Graham was so outspoken in the beginning and was consistently pushing people to buy reminding us how many were left etc and now we havent heard a word addressing any of our concerns since. Its a $700 coat. Again, not a Tom Ford but it nots an $20 old navy item either.....
    rebenton wrote:
    Am I the only one happy that I have a peacoat that is 99.5% accurate to the screen version?
    I love the peacoat really do its just when you spend 695 and everything on too for a coat you hope to be as in pictures plus all the wait :/ would just hope its accurate to the picture on the website.....
  • sunny01sunny01 Posts: 525MI6 Agent
    Typical you buy something over the internet...how often does it ever end up being like the product in the picture!!! People may think I am being a whingeing git but this is an expensive coat...if its going to be different then let us know before buying and waiting several months. I quote.....every jacket will be screen accurate down to the stitching....Total BS.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    rebenton wrote:

I'm good! Coat looks and fits great. I thought I'd heard black was screen accurate, but that's gone muddled now, and at this point I'm just glad I got in on the coat and it's here. Partly because I don't want to spend any more time thinking about this $700 purchase :))
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    Honestly, sunny's pics and my own jacket look pretty bang-on to what's on their site:

203.1967-navy-9_1.jpg

203.1967-navy-10.jpg

Consider as well that leather is an organic material and there'll be some variation.
  • BRoniBRoni Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I'll receive mine tomorrow, so I'll see for myself. I am confused about what the complaints regarding the leather are about. I haven't seen a picture that makes it look like a light brown. Every picture I've seen shows a dark brown to black depending on the lighting. This is what it looked like in the film to me as well.
  • HunnyBadgerHunnyBadger Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Another angle
    P1210317.jpg

Quite honestly, that looks like the dark brown that I'm expecting. It looks good to me. Definitely does not look black based on that photo.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    To my eye the leather patches are really close to the coats on the BR website. Leather is an organic material and i think the colour variations seen on the pictures would be ok for my personal taste.
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I'd think black leather would go better with the on screen clothing used. Personally I'd rather have black leather when I order mine. Just my two cents though.

I agree. Black leather trim would go better with the rest of the black clothing in the outfit (tie, jumper and boots). But since peacoats are casual coats I've always worn mine with brown shoes/boots and non-black jumpers. I save black for dressing up.

I definitely agree that it should pair best with what you plan on wearing it with. Screen accuracy has never been a deal breaker for me, so I just prefer an item suit my style. I wear black leather varvatos chuck Taylor's quite often and think this would pair perfectly with those or black Alden boots. I wear black often casually, but can respect people for saving it for dressing up.
    Love your blog, by the way!
  • UnerhijUnerhij Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    I'm sorry but making assumptions around my purchasing of clothing is a dangerous business.

I am used to waiting for custom made clothes and once waited 3 years for a guitar to be built, so I am fully aware of waiting.

What normally occurs is some communication to say that it will be late and some kind of apology. I know things go wrong and it really does seem like Graham is doing what he can but letting us know what's going on and keeping us all in the loop is the best way.

Honesty is always the best policy and I wouldn't mind waiting longer if I was given the details.
    Matt S wrote:
    Unerhij wrote:
    Anyone had any updates when the originals will be sent out. This is taking far too long and starting to taste a bit sour, which is such a shame.

I take it you've never had a bespoke suit or shirt made. I'm used to waiting 6 months for clothes. I've ordered some shirts from the ultimate James Bond shirtmaker, Frank Foster, and 5 months later I'm still waiting for the first test shirt. But I'm not complaining. I know it will be well worth the wait.
  • petrolheadpetrolhead Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    sunny01 wrote:
    Petrol head I reckon you definitely need a size large IMHO as I am a 40 and size M is very fitted. Mine has cracked black leather so again this is nothing like the pics but I actually don't mind as more likely to wear it with black than brown shoes.
    Just saw this, thanks for the reply! I remeasured my chest and turns out to be 40.5"-41".
    34.5"-35" waist. Still contemplating between a Medium and Large, as I want the trim fit but also don't want to look like I'm stuffed in it. Alternately, don't want it to be too loose either. Found a medium for sale here, but now am second guessing thinking I need a large...
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,597MI6 Agent
    Unerhij wrote:
    I'm sorry but making assumptions around my purchasing of clothing is a dangerous business.

I am used to waiting for custom made clothes and once waited 3 years for a guitar to be built, so I am fully aware of waiting.

What normally occurs is some communication to say that it will be late and some kind of apology. I know things go wrong and it really does seem like Graham is doing what he can but letting us know what's going on and keeping us all in the loop is the best way.

Honesty is always the best policy and I wouldn't mind waiting longer if I was given the details.
    Matt S wrote:
    Unerhij wrote:
    Anyone had any updates when the originals will be sent out. This is taking far too long and starting to taste a bit sour, which is such a shame.

I take it you've never had a bespoke suit or shirt made. I'm used to waiting 6 months for clothes. I've ordered some shirts from the ultimate James Bond shirtmaker, Frank Foster, and 5 months later I'm still waiting for the first test shirt. But I'm not complaining. I know it will be well worth the wait.

My apologies. But in my experience I have never been told when there was a problem or delay without asking them about it first. Perhaps you're used to better service than I am, but this is typical in my experience. If you get the item within 6 months, that's a good time frame.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    petrolhead wrote:
    sunny01 wrote:
    Petrol head I reckon you definitely need a size large IMHO as I am a 40 and size M is very fitted. Mine has cracked black leather so again this is nothing like the pics but I actually don't mind as more likely to wear it with black than brown shoes.
    Just saw this, thanks for the reply! I remeasured my chest and turns out to be 40.5"-41".
    34.5"-35" waist. Still contemplating between a Medium and Large, as I want the trim fit but also don't want to look like I'm stuffed in it. Alternately, don't want it to be too loose either. Found a medium for sale here, but now am second guessing thinking I need a large...
    Get the medium mate will fit great I recon if you are looking for the trim fit
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Medium....yep
  • petrolheadpetrolhead Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Medium....yep
    Cheers! -{
    Just bought the medium, will post fit once I receive. Too bad it's still 75degrees here in Texas...
    Thanks for the help RYH!
    petrolhead wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:
    Medium....yep
    Cheers! -{
    Just bought the medium, will post fit once I receive. Too bad it's still 75degrees here in Texas...
    Thanks for the help RYH!
    Good stuff mate
    Got my peacoat today and have to say I agree with some of the people about the quality control issues, I ordered a medium and a large which I plan to keep but have also pre-ordered a small too. I will post a picture shortly and see if anyone can spot the problem
    Ross
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    :#
  • boxawboxaw Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    I got my peacoat in the post today. I ordered a large but it's a little snug. If anyone would like to swap for an XL, please let me know. (I have put this in the lodge thread also).
    edited December 2012
    Got my peacoat today and have to say I agree with some of the people about the quality control issues, I ordered a medium and a large which I plan to keep but have also pre-ordered a small too. I will post a picture shortly and see if anyone can spot the problem
    Ross

securedownload1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

Anyone notice something I might not be happy with??

Ross
    Is the final button out of line with the opposite one??
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Is the final button out of line with the opposite one??

Yip bottom button, totally out and center one out to both ways. I have bought loads of tom ford, gucci, prada stuff in the past and even some really cheap stuff from china and japan and the quality control on anything else I have bough has always been better.

Maybe the guy in quality control had a stone in his shoe?

or

Maybe when making the jacket they stuck all the button up there nose and sneezed to choose the position of them!!

Ross