The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    horn
  • DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    In all fairness to the folks at Billy Reid, the costumers may (and often do) alter items they purchase for a film after they take delivery of them. With exceptions to those cases where a company pays a product placement fee to the production for appearance of their items in a film, there is often no agreement that those items can't be altered for the film. For all we know, the costumers rubbed black shoe polish over the alleged brown leather accents on the pea coat for the film. We really have no idea. I'm not saying that happened, by any means, but the great folks over at BR probably can't substantiate any alterations or modifications to their coat(s) once they sent them to the costumers. It's enough of a "who knows" that there shouldn't be any finger pointing or blame for the variations in the coat. In my opinion, BR promised delivery of a screen-accurate coat, and that's exactly what they deliver.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ATSATS Posts: 128MI6 Agent
    I agree 100% and I'm thankful that they are keeping this project alive :D
    DBS wrote:
    In all fairness to the folks at Billy Reid, the costumers may (and often do) alter items they purchase for a film after they take delivery of them. With exceptions to those cases where a company pays a product placement fee to the production for appearance of their items in a film, there is often no agreement that those items can't be altered for the film. For all we know, the costumers rubbed black shoe polish over the alleged brown leather accents on the pea coat for the film. We really have no idea. I'm not saying that happened, by any means, but the great folks over at BR probably can't substantiate any alterations or modifications to their coat(s) once they sent them to the costumers. It's enough of a "who knows" that there shouldn't be any finger pointing or blame for the variations in the coat. In my opinion, BR promised delivery of a screen-accurate coat, and that's exactly what they deliver.

Just my 2 cents on the matter.

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • ChrisbkremeChrisbkreme United StatesPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    I have just received my coat from a fellow member, in a size medium. Trying to determine if I want to keep the medium or try a small. The leather seems to be black with yellowish brown cracking through, and the buttons may be a little misaligned. What would I tell my tailor if they are misaligned?
  • roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    The postman has just brightened my day... No, he's not delivered my Peacoat yet, but I have received a Bond Peacoat Christmas card. Which in itself is an added bonus and a limited Bond keepsake!

It reads...

"You've received the Bond Peacoat as a gift.
    We look forward to sending it to you on or before January 20th
    - Your friends at Billy Reid"

IMG_1572.jpg
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    Some folk seem to be searching for conspiracies everywhere.

For what it's worth, in my opinion, BR have reproduced the peacoat ordered by and supplied to EON, in good faith.

Will it make me look any more like Daniel Craig than I did before I got the coat, no matter how light or dark the NATURAL leather might be? No.
  • GatsbyGatsby GermanyPosts: 44MI6 Agent
    The postman has just brightened my day... No, he's not delivered my Peacoat yet, but I have received a Bond Peacoat Christmas card. Which in itself is an added bonus and a limited Bond keepsake!

It reads...

"You've received the Bond Peacoat as a gift.
    We look forward to sending it to you on or before January 20th
    - Your friends at Billy Reid"

IMG_1572.jpg

That's cool :) i like that card.

Would have been nice if they had shipped a movie still with the first batch of coats :) a little nod to the guys who bought the coat under the impression it would e limited
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Gatsby wrote:

Would have been nice if they had shipped a movie still with the first batch of coats :) a little nod to the guys who bought the coat under the impression it would e limited

Agreed. Not to stir the pot more, but it seems like people who didn't jump on the coat right away a getting the better deal...
  • HunnyBadgerHunnyBadger Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    Gatsby wrote:

Agreed. Not to stir the pot more, but it seems like people who didn't jump on the coat right away a getting the better deal...

Hmm. I'd rather have the coat now than wait until late January. Besides, the card is only sent to those who had indicated that their backorder is intended as a Xmas gift.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Can't say I give a stuff about the card either, it's not a licensed bit of merchandise or anything just a picture taken from the net and printed off
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Gatsby wrote:

Hmm. I'd rather have the coat now than wait until late January. Besides, the card is only sent to those who had indicated that their backorder is intended as a Xmas gift.

Of course I'd rather have the coat. I only posted it as I just thought it was a nice touch from Graham and BR, and that folk would be interested as it is Bond/Peacoat/BR related! But hey ho!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Can't say I give a stuff about the card either, it's not a licensed bit of merchandise or anything just a picture taken from the net and printed off

Sorry, of course I realise that the card is not a licensed bit of merchandise (like the Peacoat itself), but I only posted it as I just thought it was a nice touch from Graham and BR. Plus, I thought that this being a Bond/Peacoat/BR related subject that other people would 'give a stuff' being that this is a Bond forum.
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    can anyone please be so kind as to get the measurements for the collar on the BR peacoat plz? i just purchased the H&M peacoat and want to take it in to have the collar adjusted to the same size as the BR peacoat's collar. thanks
    Shocking...
    edited December 2012
    welshboy78 wrote:

Sorry, of course I realise that the card is not a licensed bit of merchandise (like the Peacoat itself), but I only posted it as I just thought it was a nice touch from Graham and BR. Plus, I thought that this being a Bond/Peacoat/BR related subject that other people would 'give a stuff' being that this is a Bond forum.

Sorry I didnt quite mean it like that my friend, think you have interpreted my response wrong. It is a nice touch indeed and cool for you to share it and show that BR are thinking about people waiting.

I was simply referring to people who have the Peacoat already in hand from the first batch but saying they are missing out on something extra e.g. the card etc .

Hence what I meant was that I would rather have the coat now and not care less about the 007 card, I mean whats more important lol (basically what I mean is they are not really missing out on anything since they already have the coat)
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    So? Email Matt, have him send you a card. I got two actually (since I bought three coats) -{
    welshboy78 wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

Sorry I didnt quite mean it like that my friend, think you have interpreted my response wrong. It is a nice touch indeed and cool for you to share it and show that BR are thinking about people waiting.

I was simply referring to people who have the Peacoat already in hand from the first batch but saying they are missing out on something extra e.g. the card etc .

Hence what I meant was that I would rather have the coat now and not care less about the 007 card, I mean whats more important lol (basically what I mean is they are not really missing out on anything since they already have the coat)

No prob. I agree, I'd rather have the coat now, plus it's bloody freezing in England at the moment! But the card looks good on my office wall!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    Know I've gone on, but apparently my coat is "stuck" in Yodel Sheffield now......

Dont know why as Ive already forked a fortune out on customs tax ???

Gonna ring them tomorrow and drive the 300 mile round trip to get it personally, otherwise it will be Spring !!!!

M
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    check this out, new alternative peacoat and seems like banana republic wants to add their version of the billy reid peacoat in the pot.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=90649&vid=1&pid=428558002
    Shocking...
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    check this out, new alternative peacoat and seems like banana republic wants to add their version of the billy reid peacoat in the pot.

http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=90649&vid=1&pid=428558002

Um, the peacoat is not really an original idea...can't see this as a "version of the Billy Reid peacoat".... But I see what you're saying, there are many alternatives to the Billy Reid peacoat.

P.S. I currently have a Banana Republic peacoat in my closet and I like it; but I don't like how the collars (like most peacoats) are really wide. This is the reason I like Billy's peacoat because the collar is slimmer.
  • MinkGloveMinkGlove Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    Same here. Still waiting for the VERY delayed medium, ordered late September. BR cannot track and I was told that it could take another week...

Usually from the patient side, but this is really streching my nerves... Anybody else still waiting since September?

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Know I've gone on, but apparently my coat is "stuck" in Yodel Sheffield now......

Dont know why as Ive already forked a fortune out on customs tax ???

Gonna ring them tomorrow and drive the 300 mile round trip to get it personally, otherwise it will be Spring !!!!

M
    Hi all

Further update

Mine was shipped 19.11. Has finally appeared at Yodel UK on 10.12. Then its disappeared again

Just my twopenceworth but seems its a relatively cheap shipping method for it to get diverted to Yodel and not come internationally with say UPS / DHL / FEDEX etc

It is now officially lost and I am left completely in the dark. $1000 down and no coat and no hope it would seem

All in all a disaster........ :#

Just need asome luck and either BR to send a replacement as its hardly my fault, or it to just turn up out the blue (which after a month of travelling seems rather unlikely

On the plus side I picked up a H and M for £25 and its absolutely amazing, great fit and not bad quality either !

Hardly makes up tho

M

007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Hi all

Further update

Mine was shipped 19.11. Has finally appeared at Yodel UK on 10.12. Then its disappeared again

Just my twopenceworth but seems its a relatively cheap shipping method for it to get diverted to Yodel and not come internationally with say UPS / DHL / FEDEX etc

It is now officially lost and I am left completely in the dark. $1000 down and no coat and no hope it would seem

All in all a disaster........ :#

Just need asome luck and either BR to send a replacement as its hardly my fault, or it to just turn up out the blue (which after a month of travelling seems rather unlikely

On the plus side I picked up a H and M for £25 and its absolutely amazing, great fit and not bad quality either !

Hardly makes up tho

M
    Sorry, that is horrid tracking. Hope it turns up for you. Sounds like international shipping has been particularly problematic.
    Cheers

Just emailed Graham at BR to see what he can do ?

M

• singhammersinghammer Posts: 108MI6 Agent
    Got an email from Matt that mine was in New Jersey last Thursday. But no coat has arrived so far.
    Not wanting to worry you but mine made New Jersey on 19th Nov !!!

M

• TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I've read many horror stories about having items into the UK from abroad, I hope it's not as bad as I've heard :(
    Do things work the same way having items shipped out? Maybe I won't be seeing a pair of Islays as early as February...
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Just for you guys info mine was left at the front door in a block of appartment could have easily went walkies
    Just for you guys info mine was left at the front door in a block of appartment could have easily went walkies

Sheesh that could have gone bad, would think at least have to sign for it
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    I had an email on the 3rd Dec saying my coat had shipped, it still hasn't arrived and I've had a couple of email conversations with Graham today.

This was the latest:

Jonathan,
    You’ve actually caused quite a stir with our freight forwarder.

They’re opening an investigation with their carrier.

I should know more Monday.
  • MinkGloveMinkGlove Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    MrEddy21 wrote:
    I had an email on the 3rd Dec saying my coat had shipped, it still hasn't arrived and I've had a couple of email conversations with Graham today.

This was the latest:

Jonathan,
    You’ve actually caused quite a stir with our freight forwarder.

They’re opening an investigation with their carrier.

I should know more Monday.

Same here. Was told by BR that it whould arrive next week in Germany...