The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Christmas has finally arrived... my BR is here... Which SF jacket to wear in the snow this weekend?
    image.jpg
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    What size and when are you going to post fitpics?
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    It's finally arrived after 2 weeks of being notified of it shipping my medium finally turned up
    image.jpg
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Crack it open and post some pictures of you wearing it!
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    Pretzel wrote:
    It's finally arrived after 2 weeks of being notified of it shipping my medium finally turned up
    image.jpg

Congrat's bud. I got mine a while ago, but I still haven't brought myself to wear it. I almost wore it yesterday, but decide to wear a custom coat for the first time instead.
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    worn it already as in just tried it on will post some fit pics tommorow but as i can say i am a 42 chest and got broad shoulders and do a lot of gym work and i can say the medium is great for me i am so glad i downsized from the large i ordered and changed it to a M its a great fit and is snug but not extreme tight everything about the M is perfect for me
  • chartfieldchartfield Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    I also received my medium last Friday and its a perfect fit. I was concerned that the arms would be too long, but it's as if it was made for me. Photos don't do justice to how amazing this coat actually looks and feels. On so many occasions I considered how crazy I was to spend $989 (695.00 plus UK import tax) on a coat that I wasn't able to try for fit or style to see if it suited my body shape. But wow sometimes the risk just pays off and I am so pleased with it. I now understand why DC owns three of these. if I had his wage package I would too. Anyway my stats are as follows: 5'9, muscular build, shoulder width 18 inch, chest 42, waist 34. Hope it's of help.
    chartfield wrote:
    I also received my medium last Friday and its a perfect fit. I was concerned that the arms would be too long, but it's as if it was made for me. Photos don't do justice to how amazing this coat actually looks and feels. On so many occasions I considered how crazy I was to spend $989 (695.00 plus UK import tax) on a coat that I wasn't able to try for fit or style to see if it suited my body shape. But wow sometimes the risk just pays off and I am so pleased with it. I now understand why DC owns three of these. if I had his wage package I would too. Anyway my stats are as follows: 5'9, muscular build, shoulder width 18 inch, chest 42, waist 34. Hope it's of help.

$989! WOW!!!!!!

The sleeves were short on my medium. I had to let out all of the extra hem. Now, the sleeves fit perfectly (just past the end of the wrist), but they'd still need about another inch to have the more baggy fit that's on the BR website and in the movie (almost to the thumb joint). For reference, I'm 5'11", 41" chest and 30" waist.
  • chartfieldchartfield Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    edited January 2013
    VinnyMac wrote:
    chartfield wrote:

$989! WOW!!!!!!

The sleeves were short on my medium. I had to let out all of the extra hem. Now, the sleeves fit perfectly (just past the end of the wrist), but they'd still need about another inch to have the more baggy fit that's on the BR website and in the movie (almost to the thumb joint). For reference, I'm 5'11", 41" chest and 30" waist.

The taxes and postage sure do hurt the wallet. In most jackets such as my barbour snapper I'm a small. After many years in the gym I have packed on a decent amount of muscle getting me to a 42inch chest but my back muscle accouts for a good proportion. Regarding the arm length I guess being on the short side makes a difference, the sleeves on mine finish about half a cm before my thumb joint. So pretty spot on. How's does the rest of the jacket fit?
    chartfield wrote:
    VinnyMac wrote:
    chartfield wrote:

$989! WOW!!!!!!

The taxes and postage sure do hurt the wallet. In most jackets such as my barbour snapper I'm a small. After many years in the gym I have pack on a decent amount of muscle getting me to a 42inch chest but my back muscle accouts for a good proportion. Regarding the arm length I guess being on the short side makes a difference, the sleeves on mine finish about half a cm before my thumb joint. So pretty spot on. How's does the rest of the jacket fit?

Besides the sleeves, it fits great. The shoulders are spot on. They don't have the extra over-hang that some people run into, and the body has a much better silhouette than the otr boxy peacoats that I've tried on. The body fits about the same as Bond's does in the movie: not super-slim but more slim than normal. The leather is definitely brown. After adjusting the sleeves, I got what I expected.
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent
    Just to enquire if there is anyone with a large billy reid peacoat that they would like to trade for a medium. Anyone out there order one too big ? UK preferred but anywhere considered!
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
    The Mantis wrote:

NICE! Right now, this is probably my favorite coat. The coat is actually what brought me to the Bond sites...very nice take on a classic piece...glad that I was able to get one.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,329MI6 Agent
    I have a brand new, boxed and still tagged Billy Reid in Large. Had to pay the Import Duty and VAT, so probably better for someone in Europe, than the States.

IMG_1541_zps01010705.jpg

IMG_1539_zpsbdd7b392.jpg

IMG_1536_zps916d50a5.jpg

IMG_1533_zpse45771ee.jpg

IMG_1544_zps5de232c4.jpg

PM if interested.

MB
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    VinnyMac wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

NICE! Right now, this is probably my favorite coat. The coat is actually what brought me to the Bond sites...very nice take on a classic piece...glad that I was able to get one.

Vinny

what size did you go for in the BR?
  • roguetrooperXroguetrooperX Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    I have a brand new, boxed and still tagged Billy Reid in Large. Had to pay the Import Duty and VAT, so probably better for someone in Europe, than the States.

PM if interested.

MB

PM sent!
  • PolynikesPolynikes U.k.Posts: 276MI6 Agent

PM if interested.

MB

PM sent!

How much duty did you have to pay?
    "I'm motivated by my duty"

1.SF 2.CR 3.OHMSS 4.DN 5.YOLT
    Here is the invoice from the email:

Subtotal $695.00
    Shipping & Handling $41.24
    Duty & Taxes $252.91
    Grand Total $989.15

Cheers,

Blair
    Polynikes wrote:

PM if interested.

MB

PM sent!

How much duty did you have to pay?
    edited February 2013
    alphaagent wrote:
    VinnyMac wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Vinny

Hey AA,

I got both a M and a L. The L has a little more room in the chest and shoulders, but the waist was bigger than I liked and the sleeves were a little short. The M looks better (more slim), but the sleeves are REALLY short, and the top button is a no-go (I wouldn't use it anyway). Neither was perfect without alterations.

Subtotal $695.00
    Duty & Taxes $252.91
    Grand Total $989.15

Cheers,

Blair

WOW! I saw one on Ebay for that price (Was that you?). Now, I know why.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    feel so bad for you UK guys. THAT DUTY BLOWS....
  • DanielCraigIsSoCoolDanielCraigIsSoCool Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    Can these still be had?
  • BLU8BLU8 Ontario, CanadaPosts: 418MI6 Agent
    Can these still be had?

You can order the peacoat directly from Billy Reid, but it's on backorder & will ship in late April: http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-navy-7.html
    No wasn't me. Thought I'd let AJBers have a look first.

And, yeah, the tax blows...
    VinnyMac wrote:

Subtotal $695.00
    Duty & Taxes $252.91
    Grand Total $989.15

Cheers,

Blair

WOW! I saw one on Ebay for that price (Was that you?). Now, I know why.
  • Station GStation G Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    edited February 2013
    Hello, I hope that you can help me to decide whether I should order "S" or "M". Usually I wear jackets in size "S" (e.g. Ralph Lauren jacket or Woolrich Parka) and suit coats in EU size 46 (so US 36). According to the BR sizing chart I think that I should order "S" (Length: 29.25", Chest 39", Waist 37.5", Shoulder 18", Sleeve 34.5"), because while wearing only a shirt my chest is 37.5", waist is 33", and my shoulder is 17.5", but I am also 5'11'' tall. To make sure that I order the right size for me, I just read all the posts and now I am just confused and cannot decide. I really hope that you can help me.
    Station G wrote:
    Hello, I hope that you can help me to decide whether I should order "S" or "M". Usually I wear jackets in size "S" (e.g. Ralph Lauren jacket or Woolrich Parka) and suit coats in EU size 46 (so US 36). According to the BR sizing chart I think that I should order "S" (Length: 29.25", Chest 39", Waist 37.5", Shoulder 18", Sleeve 34.5"), because while wearing only a shirt my chest is 37.5", waist is 33", and my shoulder is 17.5", but I am also 5'11'' tall. To make sure that I order the right size for me, I just read all the posts and now I am just confused and cannot decide. I really hope that you can help me.

i would say Medium because i am 38R (in H&M slim) and 5'10 and my Medium fits perfect (a TINY bit of room) but thats just my opinion. A small might be just a hair too tight....but if you wear a size 36R in slim fit than you could work a small..
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    VinnyMac wrote:
    alphaagent wrote:
    VinnyMac wrote:

Vinny

Hey AA,

I got both a M and a L. The L has a little more room in the chest and shoulders, but the waist was bigger than I liked and the sleeves were a little short. The M looks better (more slim), but the sleeves are REALLY short, and the top button is a no-go (I wouldn't use it anyway). Neither was perfect without alterations.

Thanks Bro, sounds like a nightmare. Actually sounds a bit like the Lodge jacket. Did you get one?
  • Station GStation G Posts: 6MI6 Agent
    i would say Medium because i am 38R (in H&M slim) and 5'10 and my Medium fits perfect (a TINY bit of room) but thats just my opinion. A small might be just a hair too tight....but if you wear a size 36R in slim fit than you could work a small..

Returningson thank you for your fast response. I usually wear suits in 36R or even a slightly bigger 34 in suit coats. The only problems I could imagine could be the length of the sleeves and the shoulderr measure. I never owned a 38R, because they were always too roomy for me. So in this case I probably have to choose "S" or what do you mean? I read so many different things that I just do not know witch size is the best for me, even the BR sizing table is a little bit confusing. I have no idea if I have to measure my body or other items to choose the right size for me.
    yeah, if you are a 36R, then you have to order a small...
  • HunnyBadgerHunnyBadger Posts: 14MI6 Agent
    My BR peacoat size small arrived today! It was ordered mid November and it arrived today on schedule. The shipping was via UPS; I live in the U.S.

Regarding the size,...keep in mind I'm a smurf...5'6" 34-36 chest. The small fits me fine, it doesn't look baggy, but it is relatively roomy for me...I like to wear my clothes with a slim tailored fit. Had BR offered an XS, it would have been perfect for me. The sleeve length hits just past my wrists when my arms are relaxed, and rides up to a perfect length when my hands are on the steering wheel. The hem hits just past my rear end. I'll probably have my tailor nip and tuck the peacoat a bit after this winter is over, but for now I'm very happy to wear it as is. Will probably also have him monogram the coat tag as I don't want this to get mixed up with somebody else's coat at the restaurant closets.

The leather is decidedly dark espresso brown with some lighter brown crackling...it looks virtually black when viewed in indoor lighting, and it looks dark brown in midday outdoor lighting...YMMV. I suspect the lighter color crackling will show more after the leather is broken in a bit more. Originally I was hoping that this would look more brown, but in retrospect, I quite like this virtually black color. Still don't know for certain if the SA version is black or brown, but in either case it is handsome.

This coat is toasty, event though it is unlined! I like that it is unlined...it keeps the coat simple and light. Keeps me plenty warm in this cold weather that we have been riding out. There is plenty of room for a scarf, and the outside flap pockets hold my gloves nicely.

My favorite part is the peak lapels...I own several peacoats, and none of them have this slim low-profile lapel. I love wearing these BR lapels flipped up because they are not too wide.

I intend to wear this coat in my daily life, it will grow old with me; I will not keep it as a pristine closet trophy. Someday, I will pass this on to my son, so that he can in turn pass it on to his son...

In summary, I love the coat. Thank you Billy Reid! and thank goodness for patience. -{