The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    I've had so many compliments of mine, from men ("Where did you get that?") and women. It looks very smart and can easily be dressed-up or dressed-down and look equally good. It's also remarkably warm.

+1 to this. I wore a casual outfit, but the girls thought that it looked "amazing" and "smooth." I'd forgotten how perfectly it fits in the shoulders and torso. It stands out in a room full of boxy, over-sized wool coats. The warmth is remarkable.
  • harry88harry88 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    I haven't had news of mine shipping either. Originally it said orders would ship out the 4th of Dec, it changed to the 6th sometime in the last week. Wackness.

I was really hoping to have received the coat this week but that seems unlikely if it hasn't shipped yet (I'm in the UK). Billy Reid have been very good at replying to my emails quickly but they've always been vague as to the date of shipping.
  • iAmChrisHewiAmChrisHew Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    just so you guys know all extra smalls/smalls shipped out Friday and the rest ship out today (Monday) I was asking their customer service because I didn't get my tracking information forit
  • TheundeadkennedyTheundeadkennedy Posts: 292MI6 Agent
    I do t have tracking. I did get an email saying it's been shipped though. Should have it in 3 days. Cool.
  • d.ross007d.ross007 Posts: 3MI6 Agent
    Hi, I'm wanting to purchase the peacoat and ship it to the uk. Does anyone know what the duty and taxes are? Do I have to pay more when it arrives for import tax? Just want to get a rough i
    M: I did call you 'an exemplar of British fortitude'.
    Bond: That bit was all right
    Hi, I'm wanting to purchase the peacoat and ship it to the uk. Does anyone know what the duty and taxes are? Do I have to pay more when it arrives for import tax? Just want to get a rough idea for the full cost
    Thanks
    Dan
  • Bond-on-a-BudgetBond-on-a-Budget ChicagoPosts: 101MI6 Agent
    I really like the BR but the fact that isn't lined kinda of halted my quest for more Bond clothing, Chicago winters are very unforgiving if you don't dress properly... I'd like to know from who has it if it's warm, surely won't be effective in a snow storm but in what temperature range can it still be comfortable to wear?
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
    Tiffany Case: And which do you prefer?
    James Bond: Well, as long as the collars and cuffs match...
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    I just wore it with real feel of 22. No prob.
    Thank you Mantis!
    James Bond: I tend to notice little things like that - whether a girl is a blonde or a brunette...
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Just wore it in a cutting wind-chill of -16C/+3F with a thin lambswool sweater and a t-shirt underneath with a think scarf around my neck and I was still toasty warm.
    edited December 2013
    I just bought a TF shirt and a TF QOS cardi... now the BR peacoat is getting more and more interesting and appealing, I'm in a dire need of a dressier alternative to The North Face jacket I'm wearing these days (-16 C) ... soon I'll be Bond-under-a-bridge though....
  • Double0zeroDouble0zero Los AngelesPosts: 220MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Dear Mantis,

can you please confirm which color appears in the skyfall movie ?

BR is referring to the navy one as the Bond coat. But there is also a black color.

Navy.... Enjoy!
    The Mantis wrote:
    Navy.... Enjoy!

thank you very much, David !!

please check your inbox :)
  • iAmChrisHewiAmChrisHew Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Anyone know if the BR coat comes with a hanger?
    I don't believe it comes with one, but if you beg nicely sometimes a BR hanger can be had from one of the BR stores...they are VERY nice!
  • chriscollins007chriscollins007 North Somerset , England Posts: 1,155MI6 Agent
    Hi bud , if you order it directly off the BR website which I did , you add on about extra £70 for the delivery.
    It will be courier to your house.
    They are vague with delivery schedule , so allow about a week once you receive a email confirming shipping.
    Trust me once it finally arrives , you will not be disappointed.
    Hope this helps.
    d.ross007 wrote:
    Hi, I'm wanting to purchase the peacoat and ship it to the uk. Does anyone know what the duty and taxes are? Do I have to pay more when it arrives for import tax? Just want to get a rough idea for the full cost
    Thanks
    Dan
    007 reporting for duty
    That's great, many thanks. Just placed my order, can't wait. Whilst placing my order I lost my connection and Billy Reid emailed saying I hadn't completed my order. With the email they kindly gave me a discount code for 10% off. Just type in ' finishup '. Not a massive amount off but anything is better than nothing. Thought I'd share with everyone :D
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:

Dear Mantis,

BR is referring to the navy one as the Bond coat. But there is also a black color.

You do know that it's not called the "Bond coat" because of 007, right?

http://journal.billyreid.com/post/64783080355/the-bond-peacoat

And the other color is charcoal (100% wool), not black.
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    cheld wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Dear Mantis,

Actually there is also a black version of the Bond Peacoat which is on backorder until after Christmas.

http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-black-backorder.html

The charcoal peacoat, also on backorder until after Christmas, will be 90/10 in the newest batch.

http://www.billyreid.com/product/peacoat-charcoal.html
  • billybobbillybob Posts: 42MI6 Agent
    20% off with code HOLIDAY on billyreid.com or in stores

Edit: I just saw someone started a new thread w/ this.
  • AYS27AYS27 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Hi,

I'm new here & was wondering if I could get some help regarding the sizing on the jacket.

I'm 5'9, 140-145lbs. I normally wear a 36S suit as i like more of a trimmed fit. Should i opted for the size S or XS?

I'm mostly concerned with the length as i have short arms (usually a 32" arm length in dress shirts) & if the XS would to too snugged ( but i do like how DC wears it in the film thou, & that's how I would like mine to fit).

Could you guys let me know if you have or have tried on an XS or S? What are your measurements & how did the jacket fit?

If someone can post pictures that would help a lot.

Thanks a ton.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    AYS27 wrote:
    Hi,

I'm new here & was wondering if I could get some help regarding the sizing on the jacket.

I'm 5'9, 140-145lbs. I normally wear a 36S suit as i like more of a trimmed fit. Should i opted for the size S or XS?

I'm mostly concerned with the length as i have short arms (usually a 32" arm length in dress shirts) & if the XS would to too snugged ( but i do like how DC wears it in the film thou, & that's how I would like mine to fit).

Could you guys let me know if you have or have tried on an XS or S? What are your measurements & how did the jacket fit?

If someone can post pictures that would help a lot.

Thanks a ton.

I'm normally a 38r and a small is fitted on me so would suggest an xs, I also have a medium and I can wear that with a thick bulky cardigan under it and I do mean a thick one
    Ross

I'm normally a 38r and a small is fitted on me so would suggest an xs, I also have a medium and I can wear that with a thick bulky cardigan under it and I do mean a thick one
    Ross

Ross,
    do you mind telling how much you weight and how tall are you ? Iam too 38 R and I just ordered a M. I was debating about getting a S but it sounded too small. I weight 160 lbs and I'm 6 feet. if it helps, I wear M in Allsaints which seems fitted nicely on me.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent

Ross

Ross,

do you mind telling how much you weight and how tall are you ? Iam too 38 R and I just ordered a M. I was debating about getting a S but it sounded too small. I weight 160 lbs and I'm 6 feet. if it helps, I wear M in Allsaints which seems fitted nicely on me.

Hi
    I'm 175lbs, if you want it fitted order a small, I actually have small all saints henleys, I bought the barbour in medium and the levis in a small, I did buy a medium also.

I also wear Paul smith suits in size 38

Hope this helps
    Ross
  • AYS27AYS27 Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    Thanks Ross.

Will be ordering an XS, which is what Graham suggested as well.
    cheld wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Dear Mantis,

...incorrect. They have both black AND charcoal, and neither is 100% wool; they're 90/10 wool/nylon. Thanks for the link to the article though.
  • ajd_007ajd_007 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    Just taken advantage of the 20% before it ends, so I've ordered mine in a L. :))
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    VinnyMac wrote:
    ...incorrect. They have both black AND charcoal, and neither is 100% wool; they're 90/10 wool/nylon. Thanks for the link to the article though.

OK I do see the black on the website. However the charcoal I tried on at Neiman Marcus was definitely labeled 100% wool.

Curiously the fabric on the all-wool version felt stiffer and rougher than the 80/20 navy at the Billy Reid store-within-a-store across the street from NM.
    They changed them to 90/10 last month. Stores that have older inventory may still have some of the 100% wool version.