The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    Here are some better pics of my Skyfall peacoat. Havent really had a chance to wear it but now its getting really chilly here in SoCal so Im rocking this.

Again, this is the SA Craig Size (Medium)

DSC06765.jpg

DSC06764.jpg

DSC06766.jpg

DSC06762.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

DSC06761.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Here are some better pics of my Skyfall peacoat. Havent really had a chance to wear it but now its getting really chilly here in SoCal so Im rocking this.

Again, this is the SA Craig Size (Medium)

DSC06765.jpg

DSC06764.jpg

DSC06766.jpg

DSC06762.jpg

DSC06763.jpg

DSC06761.jpg
    looks great! fits you perfectly, how tall are you?
    im 5'10. Im 165lbs
  • MI6 COMMANDERMI6 COMMANDER Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Good to know there's another Bond fan in SoCal
    hahaha, yes it is although i suspected i wasnt alone. (You wouldnt believe how many budget H&M peacoats Ive seen roaming the streets!) :)
  • MI6 COMMANDERMI6 COMMANDER Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Oh yes, they're everywhere... No worries... we can roam CA with the original BRs as 006 and 007!
  • VinnyMacVinnyMac Posts: 246MI6 Agent
    If anyone's interested in selling the BROWN peacoat, shoot me a message ASAP.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    VinnyMac wrote:

Good luck, those were from last year, now going on two. Try emailing them.
    96mn12 wrote:
    VinnyMac wrote:

Thanks. I tried emailing them. Pre-owned is probably my best bet now.
    Believe it or not, GILT actually had several for sale for only $79.00!!! Of course, they are all sold out and only had larger sizes but still.
    Believe it or not, GILT actually had several for sale for only $79.00!!! Of course, they are all sold out and only had larger sizes but still.

Why the hell dont people post this when it happens?

I got mine from BR, it was their last one, for 340 shipped and tax. Not quite $79.
    I stumbled across this only a couple days ago and by that time they were LONG gone...
    edited December 2012
    96mn12 wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

I got mine from BR, it was their last one, for 340 shipped and tax. Not quite $79.

:s
    VinnyMac wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

mine was a return. I meant to say last XXL. Graham also advertised it in this thread.
    96mn12 wrote:
    VinnyMac wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:
    96mn12 wrote:

mine was a return. I meant to say last XXL. Graham also advertised it in this thread.

Yeah, I saw that. Back then, I hadn't found this forum. Eventually, one will come around...possibly at a DEEP discount.
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    I saw it on Gilt twice, but both times they only had it in brown. Was the navy blue/black one ever on there? I'd be shocked if it was...
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Just a quick one to say that I now have my M coat from the original batch order!

It was a long wait but I'm exceptionally happy with the coat. It is generally very good quality and feels quite rustic and durable with a contemporary cut.

My opinion is the leather trim is black with small brownish cracks giving it a weathered look. I think it looks great!

On my lapel, the buttonhole is stitched but is not cut, ie. it is not functional. Is the same as everyone else's? Also, there is no internal hook at the neck, though, it seems this is how the coat is made. The black BR does have a small leather coat hook at the neck however. I would be grateful if someone could confirm.

Hope everyone has their coat that ordered first including those abroad. Also, thanks for everyone's comments and hard work in getting this coat made and out to the fans. As a resource, the information here can be staggering!
    dr go wrote:
    Just a quick one to say that I now have my M coat from the original batch order!

It was a long wait but I'm exceptionally happy with the coat. It is generally very good quality and feels quite rustic and durable with a contemporary cut.

My opinion is the leather trim is black with small brownish cracks giving it a weathered look. I think it looks great!

On my lapel, the buttonhole is stitched but is not cut, ie. it is not functional. Is the same as everyone else's? Also, there is no internal hook at the neck, though, it seems this is how the coat is made. The black BR does have a small leather coat hook at the neck however. I would be grateful if someone could confirm.

Hope everyone has their coat that ordered first including those abroad. Also, thanks for everyone's comments and hard work in getting this coat made and out to the fans. As a resource, the information here can be staggering!

Pictures of you wearing it?
  • valkyrionvalkyrion Posts: 41MI6 Agent
    hello to everyone, merry christmas and happy new year,
    i am interested on ordering the peacoat but i would like to ensure that i 'll choose the correct size due to trim fit.
    my measurements is

chest 109-110cm
    shoulder 51cm
    waist 105-106cm
    height 5′ 10″
    weight 85kilos

i would be grateful if anybody could guide me to choose the right one size because i do not have the option to send it back for exchange if i choose a wrong size.from the above i suppose that i am on large but i 'd like to double check it.
    edited February 2014
    all I need now is that damn chaffuer hat

DSC06787_zps336947b7.jpg

DSC06789_zpse0539818.jpg
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent

DSC06787_zps336947b7.jpg

DSC06789_zpse0539818.jpg

DSC06790_zps32d0a8f6.jpg
    and some stubble :007)
    and some stubble :007)

:))
    gonna work on that starting this weekend. -{
    gonna work on that starting this weekend. -{

...looking good...like a boss. What brand is that hat?
    edited February 2013
    I justed recieved a Bond Peacoat that I purchased from another member. It's a fantastic coat. I bought a medium. The chest, waist and length are great. I had to have the sleeves lengthened by 1"-1.5" ( because of my long limbs), but now, they're perfect. They could use about another inch to get the more baggy length that's in the movie and on the website.

Under the collar and the pocket flaps, the leather is definitely brown. If someone really has black, then maybe it's a first vs. second batch issue. I think that the member who I bought from was in the first.
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Does anybody in or around London have a small or medium peacoat that they would be willing to let me try on for a minute or two? I am prepared to come to you and reward you for your trouble. Sweating bullets over the sizing and I'd rather get it spot on. Help a brother out? Drop me a private message or post back here, please.
  • PretzelPretzel Posts: 5MI6 Agent
    Just got shipping confirmation today so within a week or so stated hopefully should get the coat size M
    edited January 2013
    Pretzel wrote:
    Just got shipping confirmation today so within a week or so stated hopefully should get the coat size M

If you ordered a M, then I'm sure that you'll get a M -{ ...pictures when received.
  • Astonmartindb9Astonmartindb9 Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hello Im new here from NYC. I ordered my Bond Peacoat back in Nov and still haven't received it or a shipping number. I emailed BR and they told me that the coats just left Italy and will ship early next week. I don't know how true that it but once again I have to wait. I ordered a size small. Hope its worth the wait, has everyone received theirs already?
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Could anyone with a small please post some fit pics?