The Billy Reid Peacoat is a GO!

Comments

• NouniardNouniard U.S.Posts: 59MI6 Agent
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    can anyone please be so kind as to get the measurements for the collar on the BR peacoat plz? i just purchased the H&M peacoat and want to take it in to have the collar adjusted to the same size as the BR peacoat's collar. thanks
    Seconding this.
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Nouniard wrote:
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    can anyone please be so kind as to get the measurements for the collar on the BR peacoat plz? i just purchased the H&M peacoat and want to take it in to have the collar adjusted to the same size as the BR peacoat's collar. thanks
    Seconding this.
    the collar is 2 inches tall
  • Kaleema007Kaleema007 Posts: 322MI6 Agent
    FINALLY! thank you WaltherP99, now to just find a tailor who is bold and willing to get the job done... your mission should you choose to accept it.....wait wrong film blog.. :))
    Nouniard wrote:
    Kaleema007 wrote:
    Seconding this.
    the collar is 2 inches tall
    Shocking...
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    Unfortunately, I have still not received my M peacoat despite being one of the first group to have ordered on 7/9/12. I have just sent a somewhat more stern email to Matt Green at BR and am awaiting a reply.

I would be really grateful if any other members in London/UK/Europe could let me know if they have received their M coats (and if so, when!).

Also, if anyone has the ear of BR and can shed more light on the situation, I'd really appreciate it as I basically just want to get it before Xmas.

Many thanks,
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Will contact graham about this.
  • dr godr go Posts: 50MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Will contact graham about this.

Thanks, appreciate it. Feeling v frustrated!
  • LagoonaLagoona GermanyPosts: 84MI6 Agent
    Santa's coming to Town... received my Peacoat last week here in Germany (Size M) :)
    was One of the first orderers.
    It took long but you will be very happy with it, fits perfect and love it a lot!
  • MrEddy21MrEddy21 LondonPosts: 416MI6 Agent
    I've had a reply from Graham which included a tracking number for delivery company YODEL, not the best couriers in the world. For some reason it was sent via FedEx from the states but the shipping company changed couriers once it hit the UK.

My parcel has been sat in Sheffield since the 14th but finally moved late last night, and now reads that it's at "Wednesday depot"

I'll keep you all informed
    Dr Go...could you send me your actual name and address to david@thebondexperience.com

Thanks!
  • MinkGloveMinkGlove Posts: 10MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Dr Go...could you send me your actual name and address to david@thebondexperience.com

Thanks!

Also still waiting for my medium to come to Germany. Ordered in September, was told last week by BR that they couldn't track.

Really wanted it before the Xmas break...

David, are you able to find out what really happens? Would be very grateful.
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    Yodel are a disaster. Avoid them like the plague where possible!
    No, not able to check on orders...just a humble messenger...but I can ask Graham to check on this thread and pint it out to customer service... :)
    Thank you David.

To those in Germany who have already received their coats: Which courier delivered the package in Germany?

Many thanks
    To my German'fellas: it's DHL!
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,517MI6 Agent
    All

My coat arrived today !!!

Has been at Yodel Sheffield since 6th December

I gained a tracking number from Matt and went thru to arrange re-delivery (even tho I knew it hadnt been to my house before).... Seemed to do the trick as one day later its here !

But Yodel never responded to any of my emails etc

Graham actually sent me a replacement yesterday via UPS International express. Tracking says it will be here tomorrow..... Although Graham is hoping to reverse it back

Thanks to all at BR, long saga now resolved. It looks and fits perfectly too. 42 chest UK and the L is a nice snug SA fit...... Evedn love the collar leather, dark brown and weathered

LOVE IT..... So much so the wait made even better...... Off out tomorrow in Tetburys / Dents / Cos tie and shirt / Acne's and Bobby !!!!!

M -{ :))
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    MinkGlove wrote:
    To those in Germany who have already received their coats: Which courier delivered the package in Germany?

Many thanks

My jacket was delivered by FedEx.
    Tintin wrote:
    MinkGlove wrote:

Many thanks

My jacket was delivered by FedEx.

Now we have DHL and FedEx. It seems there is Not only One supplier.
    My jacket is out for delivery according to Yodel, let's wait and see...
    From Graham:

A lot of the UK based customer - particularly those outside of London - have had very late and sometimes seemingly no delivery as of yet on coats that shipped well over 14 days ago.

This has caused so much of a stir for us that the freight forwarding service we use for international shipping is dropping Yodel as one of their UK carriers.

I got off the phone with the rep from our freight forwarder earlier today and he was about to go in to a board meeting to discuss exactly the 2 things we're having issues with: Lack of transparent tracking information and Yodel.

Apparently the other companies our forwarder has as clients have experienced these exact same issue - where shipment are getting handed off to Yodel for final delivery and then they disappear for 2 weeks then show up at the customer's door.

It's obviously really frustrating for the customer and also frustrating for us as we're having to contact the forwarder and open investigations on all the packages that have "disappeared".

2 bits of goods news out of all of this though - the coats aren't actually disappearing once handed off to Yodel (they just take their sweet time to drive across England and don't provide tracking) AND no future orders from our site will ever go thru Yodel.
    It has arrived. Phew!!
    -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
    Still waiting.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    "drivers are supposed to throw packages over customers’ fences, not kick them onto the streets." :))
  • human_doinghuman_doing Posts: 1MI6 Agent
    Hi everybody. It's awesome that guys with connections to Billy Reid post on here! Can anyone comment on how accurate the 'We look forward to sending it to you on or before January 20th' cards are? I ordered after 11/28/2012 so according to the site I shouldn't expect before 2/20/2013? But I got the same 'on or before January 20th' card that others have got.

I'm hoping this maybe means Billy Reid are ahead of their expected schedule? :) Either that or of course they just got the card wrong for me and have cruelly raised my hopes in error haha
  • plecopleco Posts: 30MI6 Agent
    edited December 2012
    This thread needs more pics from recent coat recipients :D
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    Mine arrived today!
      The original production!
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
    Where are the pics of people wearing these???...IF you wear yours in a holiday setting try your hand at this contest:

http://thebondexperience.com/james-bond-holiday-photo-contest/

Billy Reid donated some gifts for the contest....
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    I need to get my pants and then I photograph it all!
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
  • ChrisbkremeChrisbkreme United StatesPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    Looking to sell a medium, or trade for a small.