"Enjoying Death" Shirt: Update Post 926

Comments

• My word is my bondMy word is my bond Posts: 24MI6 Agent
    This thread has taken a very confusing line ! I believed it was an attempt to create replicas of a shirt Zara no longer stocks ,which would then require us to order and pay for if wanted .I was under the impression that I was too keep an eye on developments until needed to make a order if possible .Fill me in lads I am now in certain of what is actually going on and who has a bad attitude !
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,123MI6 Agent
    This thread has taken a very confusing line ! I believed it was an attempt to create replicas of a shirt Zara no longer stocks ,which would then require us to order and pay for if wanted .I was under the impression that I was too keep an eye on developments until needed to make a order if possible .Fill me in lads I am now in certain of what is actually going on and who has a bad attitude !

Yes, you are correct!!
    David has obtained a Zara shirt (from Mr Zareba's secret stock) and has found a company to produce screen accurate replicas which they will market to the rest of us. No need to do anything yet. When they are ready, we will be able to order whichever size we want from the company!
    It's all good news!! (Unless you're Zara)

Titou2k4 is having a bad day or has misunderstood that Mantis & Mr Zareba are doing us all a massive favour!!!! Thanks guys!!! :007)
  • icsics Posts: 1,413MI6 Agent
    Relax MYWISB..
    Many ”shakes this thread tree”..but bottom line DZ is making a SA replica and we just waits… timeframe is up in the air… but DZ will give us updates like showing the Zara shirt that we be used as template for the replica…
    -{
    Ok lads thanks that what I thought ,just came back after the football and saw the love drain out the room .
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Yep...nothing to do but relax, see the updates...relax some more...etc... :)
  • PPK packerPPK packer Posts: 45MI6 Agent
    Communication is such a delicate flower.
    "No man is any good who has no enemies..." Major-General Percy Hobart.
    It's good too talk
  • gregroegregroe Newport Beach, CAPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    “Lord Polonius: What do you read, my lord?
    Hamlet: Words, words, words.
    Lord Polonius: What is the matter, my lord?
    Hamlet: Between who?
    Lord Polonius: I mean, the matter that you read, my lord.”
    Roe, Greg Roe¤♪♫,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸¸,ø¤º°♪♫•
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,340MI6 Agent
    titou2k4 wrote:
    sorry i'm french and it is hard to understand :)

Via Google translate, apologies if it is messy.

Ce chemise est interrompue. Mantis a obtenu une chemise solitaire, dans le but de demander à un fabricant pour la reproduction de la chemise. La raison est que nous serons tous atto Obtenir un reporoduction qualité de la chemise à un prix abordable.
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    Seriously, where the hell are you people finding these? I need one, L.
    Nice!!!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Wow

Was it a buy it now sale??? Pricey!!?

Congrats!!!!!

I'm after an XL also but I see that is also labelled 42! Can you share pit to pit measurements whenever you next get the tape measured out :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • 96mn1296mn12 Posts: 632MI6 Agent
    son of abitch, I want one! Anyone selling theirs PM me
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,333MI6 Agent
    Hi matey.

It was a Buy-It-Now, and I was quick! And let's just say that it was worth it...But it just goes to show that there are some out there, and to keep those peepers peeled.

Pit-to-pit, when laid flat, it is 22"/56cm.

It really is a "Youth" size/fit. A tad big on me, but I'm considering having it taken in.

Blair
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Wow

Congrats!!!!!

I'm after an XL also but I see that is also labelled 42! Can you share pit to pit measurements whenever you next get the tape measured out :)
  • rebentonrebenton Birmingham ALPosts: 276MI6 Agent
    Hi matey.

It was a Buy-It-Now, and I was quick! And let's just say that it was worth it...But it just goes to show that there are some out there, and to keep those peepers peeled.

Pit-to-pit, when laid flat, it is 22"/56cm.

It really is a "Youth" size/fit. A tad big on me, but I'm considering having it taken in.

Blair
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Wow

Congrats!!!!!

I figured someone on here snagged it. I started the process and got the error message when I hit pay. A few moments too slow I'm afraid. :(
    How much did it go for?? Bargain I hope!!!
  • AW500AW500 Posts: 4MI6 Agent
    Definitely a collectors item. It's nice to see a serious fan on here got it. Well wear Sir ! :D
  • thelordflasheartthelordflasheart Posts: 310MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    How much did it go for?? Bargain I hope!!!

I'd be curious to know that too...someone misunderstood a post of mine and thought I wanted one (I already have one). He said he had one that he could sell someone for $500.
  • alphaagentalphaagent Posts: 433MI6 Agent
    I don't think it is a collector's item at all. It is a shirt from Zara youth guys with a few blue flowers on it, made in bangaldesh. Seriously anything over $100 is excessive. It is not recognizable enough like the Barbour, that were you to wear it someone would say "omg is that the shirt dc wears in skyfall"? It is a cheaply made, cheap material shirt that could be replaced so easily with any other shirt with patterns on it. if you pay as much as you do now, do you honestly think anybody will pay 1000 or more for it a few years down the line? I think if you want the shirt that badly for yourself to wear or for your collection then go for it, but don't mistake it for a collectors item that anybody outside of this forum will be willing to pay a fortune over.
    I think those that might own one truly want it for their own collection. But I hear what you are saying... -{

I even wrote a blog about the aspect of Simon's shirt experience at www.thebondexperience.com. Look in the blog section for it.
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    alphaagent wrote:
    I don't think it is a collector's item at all. It is a shirt from Zara youth guys with a few blue flowers on it, made in bangaldesh. Seriously anything over $100 is excessive. It is not recognizable enough like the Barbour, that were you to wear it someone would say "omg is that the shirt dc wears in skyfall"? It is a cheaply made, cheap material shirt that could be replaced so easily with any other shirt with patterns on it. if you pay as much as you do now, do you honestly think anybody will pay 1000 or more for it a few years down the line? I think if you want the shirt that badly for yourself to wear or for your collection then go for it, but don't mistake it for a collectors item that anybody outside of this forum will be willing to pay a fortune over.

Made in Madagascar! ;) You have one I believe?
  • CrwilsnCrwilsn Posts: 65MI6 Agent
    I guess I understand paying the price for a true collector with manikin displays. However for those of us who use these clothes, anything over double original price is a little silly.

I just bought a blue Zara shirt that has been sitting on eBay far a couple of weeks for $16. Same line, same pocket style, and same overall look. Just no blue dots. Would I be "enjoying death" more with the exact shirt, maybe. But $16 vs over $100 buys a lot of Macallan.

image.jpg

image.jpg
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    This is a cheap, badly made shirt, sure.

Would I pay much more that the original retail price for one? No. Do I understand others paying silly money to have one? Yes.

It is a shirt worn by DC as James Bond. Without that, its worthless.
    Yup bit like the Alfani :D

Still want one though!!!!!
    How ironic it's the Madagascar shirt!
  • David SchofieldDavid Schofield EnglandPosts: 1,528MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

Thing is, I picked up my Alfani on the bay-of-e at less than retail.

The Zara you cannot. For now, at least. Maybe after the fuss has died down and the SKYFALL connection cooled, maybe a bunch of trendy young lads'll end up clearing their wardrobes and loads'll appear on ebay for a tenner a go....
    welshboy78 wrote:

Thing is, I picked up my Alfani on the bay-of-e at less than retail.

The Zara you cannot. For now, at least. Maybe after the fuss has died down and the SKYFALL connection cooled, maybe a bunch of trendy young lads'll end up clearing their wardrobes and loads'll appear on ebay for a tenner a go....

I guess one good thing is that if this was in every Zara shop then there are shitloads of them about in people's wardrobes.

PS - anybody know if this is the correct Alfani, seems close enough

Item no 170974324191
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    This is a cheap, badly made shirt, sure.

Would I pay much more that the original retail price for one? No. Do I understand others paying silly money to have one? Yes.

It is a shirt worn by DC as James Bond. Without that, its worthless.

Yep and the not SA grey button band makes it really ugly. I'm looking forward to the implementation of David's "Enjoying Death" shirt.