OMG! Jany Temime answers some of our toughest wardrobe queries!

Comments

• The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    I did, but unfortunately they're now out of stock till February. Any other thoughts or contributions for present for Jany, folks?

Rr
    Marco wrote:
    More news from Jany!

re the Shanghai wardrobe:

Black sweater is by John Smedley
    White shirt and black tie both by Cos
    Grey trousers by Acne

The black leather gloves are definitely from Dents, and they are the same gloves for the scene in the Tom Ford overcoat, and the grey scarf is from Liberty's, here in London.

I did include a question about the scarf worn in the Lodge scenes, but she didn't include it in her answers, and I'm not sure that I want to trouble her another time.

I would like to send her a little present, to say thanks for all of her help, and generous sparing of her time to answer our questions. Anybody have any thoughts, or even better, something they'd like to contribute? I think that flowers etc. would be a bit lacking in originality and thought.
    Did you consider a Royal Doulton Bulldog? :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Anybody have any idea about which All Saints collarless shirt!?
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    COS answer
    Hello Roi,

Thank you for your email regarding our classic white shirt.

We are sorry to inform you that this garment is currently out of stock in all sizes. However, as this is a staple item of the COS collection it is more than likely that it will come back in stock online, we do not have a date for when this may be so we kindly ask that you keep an eye on the website.

In regards to the shirt and tie in the film 'Skyfall', we have contacted our media department for further information. As soon we hear back from them we will be in touch to let you know, thank you for your patience.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to help.

Best wishes,

COS Customer Services
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
    Nice work mate!
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    I went to my ZARA today. Upon inspecting the desert boots they had in stock, I pretty sure they are it (given the construction and side profile when comparing the pics). However the color is a burnt orange suede so its way off from the film. No "Enjoying Death" shirts...
    I went to my ZARA today. Upon inspecting the desert boots they had in stock, I pretty sure they are it (given the construction and side profile when comparing the pics). However the color is a burnt orange suede so its way off from the film. No "Enjoying Death" shirts...

That is exactly my view too when in Zara yesterday!!
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    30% discount code from My Wardobe (it works just knocked a whopping £47.50 off my Acne Trousers)

Use code: myX30

Thanks for sharing! Save €68.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    Can't the boots be dyed the correct color? All the pictures of the boots are dark, not the tan taupe color we see last season offered. Kinda like this color, with the crepe sole.
    image.jpg
    Also, I think the screen ones have a leather collar tab, like current ones. So dye job, change lace color, and you will get it as close to screen accurate as you can get.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    Tintin wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    30% discount code from My Wardobe (it works just knocked a whopping £47.50 off my Acne Trousers)

Use code: myX30

Thanks for sharing! Save €68.

My pleasure!!!
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    roi007 wrote:

which scene does he wear this in ?
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Shanghai
  • jon_1ukjon_1uk Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    roi007 wrote:
    bond_in_shanghai_faster.gif
    923026_daniel_craig.jpg

cool thank you !
    "some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"
  • AngusrRossAngusrRoss ScotlandPosts: 121MI6 Agent
    Seems like we now have everything accounted for, its sad in a way, I enjoyed the hunt. The only thing we haven't yet identified is the sports wear.
  • Hold CommandHold Command LondonPosts: 366MI6 Agent
    AngusrRoss wrote:
    Seems like we now have everything accounted for, its sad in a way, I enjoyed the hunt. The only thing we haven't yet identified is the sports wear.

I know what you mean!
    Tintin wrote:
    By the way. What shoes did he wears in Shanghai? Also the Tetbury boots?

I didn't catch them, but they would be my choice for such an outfit.
    Actually, Bond wears the Tetbury, or the cj dress ankle boot, not the best picture, as it is a screen capture of the B roll.

image.jpg
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:
    Can't the boots be dyed the correct color? All the pictures of the boots are dark, not the tan taupe color we see last season offered. Kinda like this color, with the crepe sole.
    image.jpg
    Also, I think the screen ones have a leather collar tab, like current ones. So dye job, change lace color, and you will get it as close to screen accurate as you can get.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Leather typically can't be dyed lighter. Sometimes it can be bleached, and then dyed again, if you haven't ruined the shoes by then.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Stefan wrote:
    image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I was planning on making it a darker not light more of a true brown than a rust color.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Leather typically can't be dyed lighter. Sometimes it can be bleached, and then dyed again, if you haven't ruined the shoes by then.

I was planning on making it a shade darker not lighter, more of a true brown than a rust color.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:

I was planning on making it a shade darker not lighter, more of a true brown than a rust color.

Sorry, I misunderstood. But I don't think that will make them screen accurate, which looks like a more faded brown that's not so dark. Have you dyed leather before? It's not so simple.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:
    Stefan wrote:

Sorry, I misunderstood. But I don't think that will make them screen accurate, which looks like a more faded brown that's not so dark. Have you dyed leather before? It's not so simple.

It's can of worms!

I'd buy an alternative in the correct color personally.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent

I like the Clarks Desert boot in beeswax leather for a nice broken in look.

123334_366_45.jpg
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Got a reply from N Peal (couldn't call from US)
    Dear ______
    Apologies for the delay in replying
    We have currently sold out of this sweater
    However we are expecting a delivery by mid December
    Please let us know if you would like us to reserve one for you
    Kind Regards
    Neville

I asked specifically for the 1-ply round neck sweater in Blue Wave (NPG132)
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Hi
    I have got my dark brown all saints cords, like the ones used in the film, will try post pics and details shortly.
    Ross
  • BRIXMISBRIXMIS Great BritainPosts: 171MI6 Agent
    Hi
    I have got my dark brown all saints cords, like the ones used in the film, will try post pics and details shortly.
    Ross

What model did you go for? Whats the sizing like? Be interested to see some pics.
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    BRIXMIS wrote:
    Hi
    Ross

What model did you go for? Whats the sizing like? Be interested to see some pics.

Not sure exact model but will add pics as soon as they arrive, here appear to be two different types ones with seams up the rear of the legs and one with seams at the sides.
  • ReturningsonReturningson Posts: 560MI6 Agent
    don p wrote:
    hi. are the boots confirmed

Boots appear to be last years model which was a more faded colour

I like the Clarks Desert boot in beeswax leather for a nice broken in look.

123334_366_45.jpg

Ive got the clarks in beeswax and they are hands down one of the best boots out there for the money. They break in fast, mold to your feat and the finish after a couple of wears is amazing!