OMG! Jany Temime answers some of our toughest wardrobe queries!

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    jonny-dh wrote:
    Having just seen the film, I loved Q's tie when he first met Bond. Any word on it?

Believe it's Zara, like a lot of items, and sadly taken from last years choice of clobber.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Q's tie is Zara, but I'm under the impression that it just a standard dark blue "sock" woven tie. Many stores carry that type of tie.

nickp, I may be interested in getting a COS shirt and the two black ties. Can I PM you size details?
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Q's tie is Zara, but I'm under the impression that it just a standard dark blue "sock" woven tie.

That's a knitted tie, the only kind Fleming's Bond wore.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Kuragami wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Very nice. I'm impressed with the 13" rise, though being the same height as Daniel Craig I find that a bit long. I haven't seen the film yet, but do you know if the rise was shortened for Craig? It doesn't make much sense to do so with the plethora of low-rise trousers available. Most trousers from traditional brands these days have a 10-11" rise (down from 12" a decade ago), and the suit trousers in Skyfall look closer to 9". But I'm surprised that with such expensive trousers that they come already hemmed. That rules out customers like Sidders.

I got mine today. They run big IMO. I say that because they perfectly fit me at 36" waist when I purchased one that should be 34". I plan to lose more weight so this concerns me right now and debating if I should send it back. I do fill it out completely though so I don't know. Maybe that's something that can be altered later but it still bothers me.

So what size did you buy? IT50??

I got mine today, I purchase the IT52 that should be equal to a 36. I am wearing the 36 by all brands, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, All Saints, but they are small so I have to change them wiht an IT 54.
  • MarcoMarco Central EuropePosts: 130MI6 Agent
    jonny-dh wrote:
    Having just seen the film, I loved Q's tie when he first met Bond. Any word on it?
    I was by COS in Vienna yesterday and they told me that the biggest size for shirts is the 42 that was anyway already out of stock.
  • BuckMcNakedBuckMcNaked Missouri, USAPosts: 152MI6 Agent
    I'd be in the market for a 38, if anyone wants to help a brother out.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Marco wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Kuragami wrote:

I got mine today. They run big IMO. I say that because they perfectly fit me at 36" waist when I purchased one that should be 34". I plan to lose more weight so this concerns me right now and debating if I should send it back. I do fill it out completely though so I don't know. Maybe that's something that can be altered later but it still bothers me.

So what size did you buy? IT50??

I got mine today, I purchase the IT52 that should be equal to a 36. I am wearing the 36 by all brands, Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, All Saints, but they are small so I have to change them wiht an IT 54.

Uh Oh - just ordered a IT54 based on your advice, will have to sell / return one of them!!

I see there is a matching jacket available also (trousers are part of a suit)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I second the sizing up one size. There are side button tabs that can pull in the waist while still giving a better fit in the thighs and legs.
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    In regards to Q's tie, I actually meant the one that he wore with the parka in the museum, not the blue silk knit one. The one I'm referring to had a sort of zig zag pattern on it. Any ideas? Or was this one by Zara as well?
  • 006006 Posts: 258MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Yup but I believe she said it was a Tom Ford Shawl (not scarf)

Picked this up a few days ago - it is a huge scarf (could be described as a shawl), the picture doesn't show the true grey colour, but it is a close alternative

DSC_0088_1.jpg
    For England James?

Instagram: instagram.com/tie_another_day
  • SiddersSidders London Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    roi007 wrote:
    COS answer
    Hello Roi,

Thank you for your email regarding our classic white shirt.

We are sorry to inform you that this garment is currently out of stock in all sizes. However, as this is a staple item of the COS collection it is more than likely that it will come back in stock online, we do not have a date for when this may be so we kindly ask that you keep an eye on the website.

In regards to the shirt and tie in the film 'Skyfall', we have contacted our media department for further information. As soon we hear back from them we will be in touch to let you know, thank you for your patience.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us, we would be happy to help.

Best wishes,

COS Customer Services

I've just noticed going direct on the COS website the classic white shirt (when back in stock) has increased from £35 to £45.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    The power of Bond :))
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
    Sidders wrote:

I've just noticed going direct on the COS website the classic white shirt (when back in stock) has increased from £35 to £45.

Wierd company, I mean surely you keep stock of white shirts (they were all practically out of stock before the Skyfall connection)
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Stefan wrote:

They were priced at 45 before cos even knew about Bond wearing it
    Ross
    Stefan wrote:

They were priced at 45 before cos even knew about Bond wearing it
    Ross

They were £35 the first time I ever looked Ross
    Yeah, I agree, you would think so, if it were a staple .
  • Mr BeechMr Beech Florida, USAPosts: 1,749MI6 Agent
    The description of the product is quite remarkable - gives away a massive spolier.
    Tintin wrote:

I was surprised by the carelessness of that description as well.

That said, I really am intrigued by the costume selections for the film. Quite a variety of popular brands in a range of qualities. Interesting, but not a bad thing.
  • FanOfFlemingFanOfFleming LondonPosts: 6MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:

That said, I really am intrigued by the costume selections for the film. Quite a variety of popular brands in a range of qualities. Interesting, but not a bad thing.

Indeed. It strikes me as quite strange. I loved the film and have seen it twice so far, but a lot of the clothing items are just off, like most of the casual trousers, and it's especially apparent as they're paired with very nice C&J shoes and the Barbour and pea coat. Was there no Turnbull & Asser this time around? I kept an eye on the collars but none seemed to be the one.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Mr Beech wrote:

Indeed. It strikes me as quite strange. I loved the film and have seen it twice so far, but a lot of the clothing items are just off, like most of the casual trousers, and it's especially apparent as they're paired with very nice C&J shoes and the Barbour and pea coat. Was there no Turnbull & Asser this time around? I kept an eye on the collars but none seemed to be the one.

There hasn't been Turnbull & Asser since Lindy Hemming left the series. Where do you find the trousers and C&J shoes incompatible? The chinos aren't paired with C&J, but the grey sharkskin trousers and brown cords are perfectly paired with the correct shoes. The only major thing Temime got wrong was the awful fit of the suits.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • DWhiteDWhite Posts: 23MI6 Agent
    Does anyone know where the MI6 training track. Pants are from?
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Just been in contact with Jany again to try to solve a few of the remaining mysteries. Unfortunately not much more info:

I really cannot help much this time! (On the subject of the Q's Univo Glasses and their 2 new side dots) - All alterations and changes were made in our workrooms and I do not keep track of all of them.

(re Glasses, holster and earpiece-) If you want to, contact somebody in the props dpt, I suggest that you get in touch with EON productions who will forward you.

Silva shirt was from Prada and (the rest of his suit was) specially made for him by our tailor .
    Regards ,
    J. Temime

So apart from the Prada shirt, we have no new leads.

Cheers

Blair

p.s. Anyone have anyone up for chipping in for a present for Jany for all of her help, or even better, have a present they can put forward for her?
    Thanks for trying! I have a poster for Jany that I will send you.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Just a quick addition - some of you have noticed that in the Bond Archives Book there is a photo of a belt DC wears with the All Saints Cords. Unfortunately Jany couldn't recall who it was by, so sorry folks - back to the ol' super-sleuthery.

Blair
  • RYH666RYH666 UKPosts: 105MI6 Agent
    Just a quick addition - some of you have noticed that in the Bond Archives Book there is a photo of a belt DC wears with the All Saints Cords. Unfortunately Jany couldn't recall who it was by, so sorry folks - back to the ol' super-sleuthery.

Blair

Any ideas on the scarf he wears on the rooftop scene with the tom ford overcoat? Ryan
  • ChrisbkremeChrisbkreme United StatesPosts: 54MI6 Agent
    Any idea what French cuff shirt Q is wearing with the Dries cardigan?
    I think this stone has been properly squeezed! :))
    Stefan wrote:
    I think this stone has been properly squeezed! :))

Pumped for information lol
  • TheLetterQTheLetterQ Posts: 8MI6 Agent
    Anyone had any luck on Q's pants or shoes? I know with the shoes there is almost not good shot of them but perhaps Jany has that information?