OMG! Jany Temime answers some of our toughest wardrobe queries!

Comments

• DBSDBS Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,015MI6 Agent
    Corduane = Corduroys
    Iggy = Slim fit

;)

Kind regards,
    Craig
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    I purchased the IT50.
    I didn't even know about the adjustable waist buttons until you guys mentioned it.
    By default those waist buttons are fully extended with the fabric making the IT50 36" waist.
    Each Waist button removes 1" from the waist turning the IT50 34".
    That means the IT48 will be 34"> 32" if you went that route.

I still haven't decided on keeping it or not. I have fairly big calves and they stretch the fabric making it look a bit odd but just barely. I still have about 15lbs to lose but I don't think I'll lose much more from my calves. I have been thinking of starting yoga to stretch my calve muscles out so it may work out in the end. Really these pants are meant for people with somewhat of a chicken legs going on and that's not me.
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    edited November 2012
  • richi717richi717 Posts: 124MI6 Agent
    richi717 wrote:
    Yeah I just got mine. If you have muscular legs like me don't get these pants. If you are overweight def dont bother. They are going back.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Sizing aside, whats the quality and material like???
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sizing aside, whats the quality and material like???

1st rate IMO. I looked at mine quite closely and didn't see obvious flaws in stitching and the material feels luxurious to the touch. Best pair of pants I have ever owned. Which isn't saying much because most of my pants came from Tip Top or Mark's Work Warehouse which are all low quality Chinese crap.
  • TakeTheBloodyShotTakeTheBloodyShot Posts: 18MI6 Agent
    The description of the product is quite remarkable - gives away a massive spolier.
    Tintin wrote:
  • nickpnickp UK, Surrey Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    COS shirt - Classic fit - white
    Totally sold out

I was in UK London's Covent Garden store yesterday, they have a number of Classic white shirts in stock, as far as sizing is concerned size 40 is 15.5 collar.

cheers

Nick
    nickp wrote:
    Totally sold out

I was in UK London's Covent Garden store yesterday, they have a number of Classic white shirts in stock, as far as sizing is concerned size 40 is 15.5 collar.

cheers

Nick

Did you pick anything up?
    welshboy78 wrote:
    nickp wrote:
    Totally sold out

cheers

Nick

Did you pick anything up?

Hi, nope was in a hurry to get to a meeting but they seemed to have quite a few different sizes on the rails. Hope to get back late this week.

Nick
  • roi007roi007 Posts: 409MI6 Agent
    news from COS:
    Hello Roi,

We are writing to inform you that we have heard back from our media department in regards to your query.

We are not aware that any COS clothes were used in the new James Bond film, however we find this very flattering that this is the rumour. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best wishes,

COS Customer Services

customerservice@cosstores.com

Opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 22:00 CET (08:00 - 21:00 GMT)
    Saturday: 10:00-19:00 CET (09:00 - 18:00 GMT)
    Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00 CET (09:00 - 17:00 GMT)

cosstores.com
    The name is Bond, James Bond...
  • JBT0077JBT0077 GermanyPosts: 236MI6 Agent
    roi007 wrote:
    news from COS:
    Hello Roi,

We are writing to inform you that we have heard back from our media department in regards to your query.

We are not aware that any COS clothes were used in the new James Bond film, however we find this very flattering that this is the rumour. We are sorry for any disappointment this may cause.

If you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact us.
    Thats strange, because. It was Confirmed to me, by a Manager of the company.

Best wishes,

COS Customer Services

customerservice@cosstores.com

Opening hours:

Monday - Friday: 09:00 - 22:00 CET (08:00 - 21:00 GMT)
    Saturday: 10:00-19:00 CET (09:00 - 18:00 GMT)
    Sunday: 10:00 - 18:00 CET (09:00 - 17:00 GMT)

cosstores.com
  • BugsyBugsy NYCPosts: 90MI6 Agent
    i have been staying away from AJB until i see skyfall tomorrow night here in the US but, i saw this interview and thought most ould like to read.

http://www.esquire.com/blogs/mens-fashion/james-bond-skyfall-suits-14339345

if it has been posted and or discussed already, please ignore.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    The description of the product is quite remarkable - gives away a massive spolier.
    Tintin wrote:

I agree, I was super pissed when I read it too, not like I did not know sorta based on the rumblings but still. Did NPeal have to go into so much plot details to sell a sweater!
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Just had some more info from Jany:

I asked her about the cords from the Scotland scenes, if they were dyed, or not, and she said, "everything we use is customized, broken down etc.. we are not a shop but costumes... everything was from last year. The trousers were not dyed but aged , so the color might have changed." So I think that we can refer back to the info I got straight from All Saints, saying that the cords were the Corduane Iggy Jeans in Bitter Choc., but we may all have to hit the dye to get the same colour, as they were last season.

Jany didn't remember which collarless undershirt from All Saints was used. I think that jonny-dh is right (post 162), and that the shirt is the Burnett Long-Sleeved Henley:

http://www.allsaints.com/men/t-shirts/allsaints-burnett-ls-henley/?colour=60&page=1&category=13

When I spoke to the Press Office, initially they said, "oh just say it was the Saints Long Sleeved Henley, nobody would know", but then recanted, saying that it couldn't be, as it was only released in July, and he was just guessing. I didn't realise that they are 2 different Henley shirts! So it's definitely not this one, which, as you can see, has slightly raised "collars", when compared to the Burnett Long-Sleeved Henley:

http://www.allsaints.com/men/t-shirts/allsaints-saints-ls-henley/?colour=60&category=711&partner=awin&WT.mc_id=6000000&WT.z_aff_id=aw_85386&awc=3708_1352306897_f3a566de0a059171d5523f82ef06ceaa

I also wanted clarification on the Tom Ford scarf/shawl, cut down by 2/3 to make the Scotland scarf. It was a SHAWL, so don't go hunting for a scarf by TF.

Happy hunting, folks!

Blair
    nickp wrote:
    Totally sold out

cheers

Nick

Hey Nick

Dont fancy picking me up a 43 classic white shirt if in stock???
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Just so I am clear is the scarf bond is wearing with the Barbour jacket the cut down Tom ford one
    Ross
    Yup but I believe she said it was a Tom Ford Shawl (not scarf)
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    That Smedley sweater has some LONG sleeves. Ordered a small and there's still a bit of extra length. Might see about tailoring.
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    I think I remember them being turn-back.
    Did anyone notice while bond was drinking at the bar in Shanghai whether the cuffs were turn-back or not?

JS do both (I like the turn-back).
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    I think I remember them being turn-back.
    Did anyone notice while bond was drinking at the bar in Shanghai whether the cuffs were turn-back or not?

JS do both (I like the turn-back).

Do you mean the shirt cuffs? I thought those weren't JS.
    That Smedley sweater has some LONG sleeves. Ordered a small and there's still a bit of extra length. Might see about tailoring.

Hmm - mine seems fine unless I have Mr Gadget arms or yours are short lol
  • SiddersSidders London Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    So, is the COS classic white shirt for Shanghai confirmed or not?

I suppose if Jany confirmed, then it is. But the email received from COS on the previous page of this thread has cast my mind in doubt....
    Sidders wrote:
    So, is the COS classic white shirt for Shanghai confirmed or not?

I suppose if Jany confirmed, then it is. But the email received from COS on the previous page of this thread has cast my mind in doubt....

Well COS are simply unaware of it - thats all!
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    I think also that one of the costume department went simply into a COS store and bought the shirts for the movie without attracting a stir.

But what do you thinking about the COS tie? COS have two black ties on there website with different numbers (977930-09 and 402490-09), but the specifications are the same and they look similar.
    Tintin wrote:
    I think also that one of the costume department went simply into a COS store and bought the shirts for the movie without attracting a stir.

But what do you thinking about the COS tie? COS have two black ties on there website with different numbers (977930-09 and 402490-09), but the specifications are the same and they look similar.

Are both those codes for the Black Woven Silk tie??? Im also confused and cant tell the diff! They have same description, same width etc
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Tintin wrote:

I have the new model black one and saw the old model blue one in store they look exactly the same, been told they basically get a new number each year they are produced but they are the same
    Ross

Are both those codes for the Black Woven Silk tie??? Im also confused and cant tell the diff! They have same description, same width etc
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    I have the new model black one and saw the old model blue one in store they look exactly the same, been told they basically get a new number each year they are produced but they are the same
    Ross

Thanks for the info.
    Last week when I' ve bought the COS classic shirt, the seller told me the same thing about the annual new numbers of the shirts. Strangely he could not tell me anything more about the disclosures at theirs website and at the store they had just only the corduroy and striped knitted tie.
    Now I ordered the black woven silk tie.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    nickp wrote:
    Totally sold out

cheers

Nick

Hey Nick

Dont fancy picking me up a 43 classic white shirt if in stock???

Hi, I am heading back in to COS on Monday, so do you want me to get a 43 if they one in stock ?

cheers
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Having just seen the film, I loved Q's tie when he first met Bond. Any word on it?