OMG! Jany Temime answers some of our toughest wardrobe queries!

Comments

• StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    I could not agree more, great boots. I only wish they too made it into Bond lore so to speak!
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • don pdon p Posts: 589MI6 Agent
    my zara boots arrived today.. wife showed me them on skype,, they are nice and look slightly darker than the photos seen here.
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    The power of the people!
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    The power of the people!

That's exactly what I meant.
  • StefanStefan VirginiaPosts: 568MI6 Agent
    So this is what "Blue Wave" in terms of a color looks like, based on the image on the site?
    " Not All Who Wander Are Lost "
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Have we actually confirmed any of the scarfs yet???
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,327MI6 Agent
    Guys - I'm going to be contacting Jany Temime later this week and sending her the link to our Thank You Thread :

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/39507/thank-you-jany-temime/

If you haven't already contributed your thoughts and thanks, could you possibly add a little thank you to the thread and show your appreciation? She has been a star in helping us all out. Cheers

Blair
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    ...with our national treasure Judy Dench.
    8-)

Nice looking sweater, though. And already out of stock!
  • shilton125shilton125 SCOTLANDPosts: 355MI6 Agent
    Hi all it might be my eyes but I don't think so the Npeal jumper DC is wearing in skyfall is not the same colour as the one being sold.
  • jonny-dhjonny-dh Posts: 257MI6 Agent
    Meesta Bawnd, if you feel it wouldn't be too much to ask, perhaps you could see if Jany could identify the scarf when you contact her? Also, some exciting news from All Saints, here's an email I just got:

Thank you for your email.

The name of the cords is in fact Corduane Iggy, the colour unfortunately has been modified and the trousers are not available in brown. The name of the top is Burnett LS Henley in Chalk. I hope this helps.

So the henley is identified and in stock in all sizes! I just ordered mine. Here it is: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/new/allsaints-burnett-ls-henley/?colour=60&category=13
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    Burnett Ls Henley...in which scene in skyfall?

-{
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    Burnett Ls Henley...in which scene in skyfall?

-{

I assume the lodge scene, under the sweater. I remember seeing a set photo a while back where you could see a henley peaking out of the sweater. Can't seem to find it, though.
    great thank you jonny!
    Funnily enough, I spoke to the Press Dept this afternoon, and the VIP Press Officer said that they sent pairs of Corduane Iggy Jeans in Bitter Choc through to the set, along with a jacket that wasn't used, but unfortunately the Iggys are last season's colour, and are not available anymore. They said that they weren't dyed! Mmmmmm....They weren't sure about the collarless white undershirt. Initially, a more junior Press Officer tried to palm me off by saying that they used the Long-Sleeved Henley, but then said that it is this season's shirt, and was introduced in July, and that it wasn't the one from the film... Double mmmmmmmm.....

I will try Jany again re the scarf, and a few other items, but I don't want to push her too much, as she's given us so much already, but I know that many of us are dying to find out where it came from!

Signing off.

MB

jonny-dh wrote:
    Meesta Bawnd, if you feel it wouldn't be too much to ask, perhaps you could see if Jany could identify the scarf when you contact her? Also, some exciting news from All Saints, here's an email I just got:

The name of the cords is in fact Corduane Iggy, the colour unfortunately has been modified and the trousers are not available in brown. The name of the top is Burnett LS Henley in Chalk. I hope this helps.

So the henley is identified and in stock in all sizes! I just ordered mine. Here it is: http://www.us.allsaints.com/men/new/allsaints-burnett-ls-henley/?colour=60&category=13
    Don't worry, they have traced the yarn, and will be producing more in all sizes - available from the 10th December.
    ...with our national treasure Judy Dench.
    8-)

Nice looking sweater, though. And already out of stock!
    I have a pair of dark brown gigs cords now, so they do exist undyed by the costume department!
    Funnily enough, I spoke to the Press Dept this afternoon, and the VIP Press Officer said that they sent pairs of Corduane Iggy Jeans in Bitter Choc through to the set, along with a jacket that wasn't used, but unfortunately the Iggys are last season's colour, and are not available anymore. They said that they weren't dyed! Mmmmmm....They weren't sure about the collarless white undershirt. Initially, a more junior Press Officer tried to palm me off by saying that they used the Long-Sleeved Henley, but then said that it is this season's shirt, and was introduced in July, and that it wasn't the one from the film... Double mmmmmmmm.....

I will try Jany again re the scarf, and a few other items, but I don't want to push her too much, as she's given us so much already, but I know that many of us are dying to find out where it came from!

Signing off.

MB

jonny-dh wrote:

I think that there was some miscommunication somewhere along the way, that the cords were never dyed, but rather were just likely distressed.
  • TintinTintin Posts: 194MI6 Agent
    Meesta Bawnd, if you have a contact at AllSaints, please can you ask them if they would schedule a new run of the bitter choc Iggy cords soon?

Signing off.

MB
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Tintin wrote:
    Meesta Bawnd, if you have a contact at AllSaints, please can you ask them if they would schedule a new run of the bitter choc Iggy cords soon?

Signing off.

MB

Plus 1 - great idea!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited November 2012
    Just had a message back from Jany. She thanks everyone for their messages on the Thank You thread. And, good news in that she has revealed where she sourced the scarf.....

"Thank you for your lovely words.
    The scarf is from Tom Ford but we customise it by making it finer ( it was a sort of shawl before and we cut in the length 2/3 of it )
    The holster , black ear piece , are props, they do not come from us. We just adapted the holster that it fitted better.
    The glasses of Q, I cannot remember but will try to find out.
    Regards ,
    Jany Temime "

So we need to approach Tom Ford, possibly, (and sell a kidney or two, no doubt...). Maybe we could group up in three's, and split the costs?
  • KuragamiKuragami Posts: 89MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Very nice. I'm impressed with the 13" rise, though being the same height as Daniel Craig I find that a bit long. I haven't seen the film yet, but do you know if the rise was shortened for Craig? It doesn't make much sense to do so with the plethora of low-rise trousers available. Most trousers from traditional brands these days have a 10-11" rise (down from 12" a decade ago), and the suit trousers in Skyfall look closer to 9". But I'm surprised that with such expensive trousers that they come already hemmed. That rules out customers like Sidders.

I got mine today. They run big IMO. I say that because they perfectly fit me at 36" waist when I purchased one that should be 34". I plan to lose more weight so this concerns me right now and debating if I should send it back. I do fill it out completely though so I don't know. Maybe that's something that can be altered later but it still bothers me.
    Kuragami wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

Very nice. I'm impressed with the 13" rise, though being the same height as Daniel Craig I find that a bit long. I haven't seen the film yet, but do you know if the rise was shortened for Craig? It doesn't make much sense to do so with the plethora of low-rise trousers available. Most trousers from traditional brands these days have a 10-11" rise (down from 12" a decade ago), and the suit trousers in Skyfall look closer to 9". But I'm surprised that with such expensive trousers that they come already hemmed. That rules out customers like Sidders.

I got mine today. They run big IMO. I say that because they perfectly fit me at 36" waist when I purchased one that should be 34". I plan to lose more weight so this concerns me right now and debating if I should send it back. I do fill it out completely though so I don't know. Maybe that's something that can be altered later but it still bothers me.

So what size did you buy? IT50??
    edited November 2012
    attention stupid question...is the adjustable waist button to make the pants further or tighter?
    Kuragami wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    The Mantis wrote:

• redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    A TF scarf, very interesting.

There's definitely some confusion on the cords now. Who is saying they were not dyed? Just because All Saint did not send dyed pants does not mean the costume department did not do the dying.
    A TF scarf, very interesting.

There's definitely some confusion on the cords now. Who is saying they were not dyed? Just because All Saint did not send dyed pants does not mean the costume department did not do the dying.

I said I have a pair that look to be the correct colour all saint iggys
  • redsleighdownredsleighdown USAPosts: 450MI6 Agent
    Do you happen to know what year?

Interesting that they are claiming bitter choc JEANS. From what I've heard, they are very obviously cords.
    The cords also came in bitter choc!
    No - I think that they're called Corduane Iggy Jeans, but are actually cords.
    No - I think that they're called Corduane Iggy Jeans, but are actually cords.

Yup. Corduane iggy JEANS is indeed the official name