Bond 24 title suggestions

Comments

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    I think they should use the name of your pub, TP: "The Silencer and Bra Strap". Quick, copyright it now and buy the domain name! :)) -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The Spy Who Forgot Where He Lived
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    I think they should use the name of your pub, TP: "The Silencer and Bra Strap". Quick, copyright it now and buy the domain name! :)) -{

Of the more jokey titles, "The Silencer and Bra Strap" is clearly the best! :007)
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I never Joke about my Pub !" :p :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    I want "The Garden Of Death"

Wow is that in reference to the garden of death in You Only Live Twice?.
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
  • James007SweeneyJames007Sweeney Posts: 54MI6 Agent
    I think "somantic sense" sounds cool. It's the senses which control Fine touch and crude touch I think that is Bond to a T!.
    You only live twice: Once when you are born. And once when you look death in the face.
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    I always thought Sebastian Faulks's "Devil May Care" and Jeffery Deaver's "Carte Blanche" were great Bond titles.

Risico is still my favorite, however.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Risico gets my vote.
    As it's the 24th, it should be named after Number24 . ;) :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    'The Man who knew too much'

Oh wait..
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • DEFIANT 74205DEFIANT 74205 Perth, AustraliaPosts: 1,881MI6 Agent
    I would like to see the title derived from Fleming, whether it be a chapter title or a short story title. As such, Risico would be my first choice. The Hildebrand Rarity or Property of a Lady just doesn't have the same ring to it, although I wouldn't be totally opposed to having those as titles.
    "Watch the birdie, you bastard!"
    As it's the 24th, it should be named after Number24 . ;) :D

:)) :)) :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I still maintain that as it's partly being shot in Rome (perhaps), it should be called "24" in Italian... Ventiquattro. Suitably exotic for the non-Italian monolinguals among us!

Just kidding...

I want "Risico" but I would be surprised if we get it.
    'Bond goes to Nandos'
    Heavens to Murgatroyd. :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Heavens to Murgatroyd. :D

It's the Funky Phantom :D
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I have a feeling it's gonna be Risico.

For one, they're filming in Italy I heard, and "Risico" is Italian for "Risk" I think.
    Secondly the DC films have mostly used Fleming titles... So I just have a feeling that bond 24 will be Risico.

I still want "The Garden Of Death" though. :D
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Jarvio wrote:

For one, they're filming in Italy I heard, and "Risico" is Italian for "Risk" I think.

Not quite...I'm sure it was the way a character pronounced the word more than a direct translation...
    YNWA 97
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:

Not quite...I'm sure it was the way a character pronounced the word more than a direct translation...

Ahh yes, now that you mention it I recall the same thing.

Still have a feeling that bond 24 will be Risico though...
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    I would not be too sure. EON always tries to second guess the audience. They changed Licence Revoked to Licence to Kill. At least they kept the British spelling.
    I was shocked when they used QOS after the LTK decision. How many in the media kept asking what QOS meant??

Risico? I like the word as well, even though it's Dutch , not Italian (rischio). So, I would be very surprised if they used it.
    So long as it doesn't include " Kill or Die " in the title, I'll be happy. :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    Thinking up Bond titles is an art in itself. Only one man had it down, and even he slipped up a couple of times. The film makers have wisely chosen Fleming-inspired titles most of the time (say what you like about the film, but "The World Is Not Enough" was a great title) with, again, a couple of slip ups ("Die Another Day").
    Some of John Gardner's titles were pretty good, at least to start with, less so with Benson.
    It's been said before, but there are plenty of Fleming phrases and chapter titles that would be usable- or even some of his rejected titles?
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff

Add "Gold" to the list, too. Actually, since hearing it, I thought "Iron Dome" has a Bond-like quality; alas, though, it has too many dangerous political associations. . .
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent

So if Bond 24 were to be entitled "Kill or Die", I assume you would be unhappy.
    Yes. Although " Dying to kill" has a certain ring to it. ;)
    Or how about ..
    " The spy who laughed at danger ! " but we'd have to get Adam West to
    Play Bond. :))
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    "Golden Death Kills" - there, all done. :D
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • PDJamesBondPDJamesBond Posts: 180MI6 Agent
    Yesterday and Tomorrow Never Kill a Golden Death.

Why do I have to come up with everything myself?
    The Golden Garden of, Murder, Death ,Kill ! ( Now in 3D) ;)
    edited August 2014
    There is quote by Saladin, the commander who took back Jerusalem from the crusaders: “I warn you against shedding blood, indulging in it and making a habit of it, for blood never sleeps.”

I think "Blood never sleeps" would work as a Bond title, perhaps in a movie where 007 fights a "private security firm" or a villan who sells weapons to everyone.
This discussion has been closed.