Bond Book of the Month

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I know this is all subjective but I'd hate the idea of a buzzsaw heading towards
    My jewels, feeling the blast of air as it moves closer. :D somehow a laser seems
    Less violent. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    And Connery looked like nervous enough filming of the Scene :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    So would you :)) , I wouldn't want a bloke with a blowtorch anywhere near that
    Area. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It's similar in TB, during the Shark Scene. Connery was not acting when that Shark came through the Door :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    :)) yes not enough perspex ! , it must have been a surprise ! :D
    Icebreaker :
    Gardner's third Bond novel. Is full of double and triple agents! I know this is the
    Staple of espionage novels but with Icebreaker he abuses the privilege. :D
    Having modern Nazi's as the villains is cool, as they're shorthand for evil.
    As always the book is well written, full of details and facts, But I find most of the
    Characters either uninteresting or stereotypes. After For Special Services, it's
    A little bit of a disappointment.
    Roll on April and " Role of Honour". -{
    {[]

IB is very good.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    I much prefer Icbreaker to For Special Services...
    YNWA 97
    Started Role of Honour, and already it seems a much faster paced story. The chapters seem
    Shorter than Icebreaker, it really moves along. -{
    ROH is a bit slow in Parts, but it has some good Villains and the Climax on the Blimp is very well written -{
    Yes, I'm really enjoying my rereading of these novels. -{
    I'm currently doing the same -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    RoH is the weakest of the 80s Bonds by Gardner for me. It reads like an unfinished film script.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    The main Villain of Tamil Rahani could of done with some Character Development, I agree.

For me, WLOD is Gardner's worst 80's Bond Novel.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,580Chief of Staff
    I enjoy both of those novels :)) I wasn't over keen on FSS or Scorpious...from the '80's....
    YNWA 97
    Thought this might be of interest. I know on AJB we have some gun experts, But for People like me who, Think one gun
    looks like another, I found a few videos showing the Guns that J Gardner chose for 007, might help when reading the
    Books to know what to imagine. :D
    https://youtu.be/pGO-z04V4gE HK P7
    https://youtu.be/0Wq5_3rkqd8 HK VP70
    https://youtu.be/-c_0I4BjOWE ASP 9mm
    https://youtu.be/lf8W2NGU4P4 Browning 9mm
    I've always wondered what the ASP looks like :)
    The HK vp70 looks bigger than I imagined. :)
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    The HK vp70 looks bigger than I imagined. :)

Why, HK, I'm very impressed. There's a lot more to you than I expected.
    Can't blame a guy for wishing. :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    You wouldn't want to go off half-cocked. :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    I think you're making a Hollow Point as seeing them could lead to Glock Coma !
    You're a loose Canon C&D, you Son of a Gun but I guess I'll have to Bite the Bullet :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Never thought you'd get a round to making those jokes, TP. Been reading a magazine have you? Well, I'm not one to let it slide, even such a barrel full of jokes like that, but it triggered off a... Ok bored now :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) yes let's put our puns back in their holster. :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,333Chief of Staff
    :)) joke of the day!
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Thunderpussy will be back tomorrow, same pussy channel, same pussy time! :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    For anyone with the BBC radio player there is a programme of interest to
    Bond fans.
    The Bond Correspondence with Lucy Fleming. -{ with Roger Moore as
    The voice of IanFleming .
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,692MI6 Agent
    For anyone with the BBC radio player there is a programme of interest to
    Bond fans.
    The Bond Correspondence with Lucy Fleming. -{ with Roger Moore as
    The voice of IanFleming .

Thanks, TP. I have that on tape somewhere from when it was first broadcast in 2008 to celebrate the Fleming Centenary.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • WarpingFishWarpingFish Posts: 2MI6 Agent
    My favorite Bond novel is Goldfinger.
    My favorite Bond novel is Goldfinger.

Good Choice -{

And welcome to AJB {[]

You may want to take a quick look at this Sticky - http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/45180/introduction-how-to-use-the-forum/