The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited April 2016
    One Coke Zero.

Is that Marsh grass in that field? Looks like someone has been breeding Tribbles!
    What about an allotment? Fresh, organic natural vegetables are as rare as hen's teeth these days!

(Holds up a pefectly straight, perfectly yellow, perfectly unnatural looking banana from the fruit bowl on the bar)
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That's the trouble with Tribbles. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,992Quartermasters
    Pint of stout, please. Today's been a b***h :s

How are things in here?
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    Number24 wrote:
    Hi, barkeep! I was looking at the field outside. It's clearly not usable for farming, but I wonder if there is some other comercial use for that field? Rich people will buy a nything these days, you know.
    I took a picture of it. Have a look and see if you think of anything ....

82q7bzc.jpg

Looks like a field of Donald Trumps, just sprouting.
    In to each life..... and all that. I'm having a pretty good weekend. Picked up from
    google play a HD copy of Independence Day for 99p. :)

Donaly Trump has said his hair is not dyed. ........... it was that colour when he
    bought it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,812MI6 Agent
    Thank God there aren't any Democratic candidates with bad hair :D

635748380901873406-459390336_bernie_sanders4.jpg
    Number24 wrote:
    Thank God there aren't any Democratic candidates with bad hair :D

635748380901873406-459390336_bernie_sanders4.jpg

:))
    Bad hair can be a bonus, look at Boris over here. ;)
    Although the voting public don't like Beards
    for some reason ?
    Yes, who was the last US president or UK prime minister with a beard?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Talking of Boris ... Happy St Georges Day!! Proud to be English :))

article-1172916-049E1929000005DC-35_634x422.jpg
    edited April 2016
    Number24 wrote:

The last president, to my knowledge, was Rutherford B. Hayes, from 1877-1881.
    Happy St George's day to all, so drinks all round, ... something English ?
    Milky Tea. :D
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,265MI6 Agent
    Ah yes something English, a pint of Heineken and a chicken tikka masala, please Landlord :D
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Ah yes something English, a pint of Heineken and a chicken tikka masala, please Landlord :D

I actually had a Chicken Tikka Masala last night !! :))
    Number24 wrote:

The last president, to my knowledge, was Rutherford B. Hayes, from 1877-1881.

It seems Lord Salisbury (left office in 1902) was the last British prime minister to sport a beard. Abraham Berge (PM 1923-24) was the last Norwegian PM with a beard. Politics is so interesting :D
    I wonder is there something about a beard that makes a politician
    "Untrustworthy" in the public's eyes ? As obviously there have been
    As many clean shaven, criminal or corrupt politicians over the years. :)
    Ï might be wrong, but isn't a beard often seen as a sign of being trustworthy, wise and "fatherly"?
    I think the reason why hardly any politicians have bears is because beards are rare in society in general, especially in manegment.
    Has a beard now grown into (inocent pun allert!) a symbol af age and being oldfashioned?
    I keep my beard very short , or the Skyfall look, as I like to think of it.
    I agree it gives an air of wisdom but I think with our Youth obsessed
    Media, looking young is an important element. So no "old looking"
    Beards.
    Have you ever considered the DAD beard ....
    Had one in my early 20s ( I was a big fan of ZZ Top) so I would have
    Looked like a young Brosnan, ( only better looking obviously) ;)
    I wear a mustache/goatee combo; my girlfriend doesn't want me to grow a beard (it used to be a 'winter thing' thing for me), but neither does she want me clean-shaven ?:) Compromise, compromise, compromise.
    It's a very small pleasure in life for me but I love feeling the wind blow
    My beard on a stormy day, I feel in touch with my Viking ancestors ! :)
    Good for you! Personally I live within a couple of hundred meters from where my viking ancestors lived :D
    Their ships were kept in boathouses about five kilometres from here, just where the football field is now. The spot where they had their duels, a part of their legal system, is right next to the football field.
    Well Football was always a violent sport. :)
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Well Football was always a violent sport. :)
    Speaking of football, sir miles has been conspicuous by his absence today, I wonder if he is busy with the Hillsborough ruling?
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    A lot of young men have beards nowadays - most of the males at my work have one anyway, myself excluded. :)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    A lot of young men have beards nowadays - most of the males at my work have one anyway, myself excluded. :)

That, and the resurgence of vinyl, are two indicators of the 'Hipster' Phenomenon :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent

That, and the resurgence of vinyl, are two indicators of the 'Hipster' Phenomenon :D

I don't mind vinyl but I'm not keen on beards! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I go through phases of beardedness and clean shaven, currently I'm designer stubbled having been bearded for two months previously.... I'm a very complex creature.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I too have many layers ( I'm very deep) or a Drama Queen as my wife says :))
    I tend to have a Beard for a couple of years and then have it off for a couple
    ( Those years are very tiring ) ;)
    Although I must be a bit of a Hipster dude, as I have the beard and I've got rid
    Of all my big DSLR cameras for a selection of those hip little mirrorless cameras.
    Maybe I'd so trendy, I don't know it. :))