The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Guys, I have just finished reprogramming the A.R.S.E, and replaced its long duration battery. Not easy dislodging and replacing those things!
    For the next couple of days please enunciate clearly, or better yet, write what you want in block capitals and hold it up to the Cylon sensor.

Oh and who left the rubber toy grenade in a jam jar on the display shelf?! That gave me a start!

Pussy can you leave me the order list? I'll phone up Universal Tennants Exports to get the supplies tomorrow morning after making Barbel's fry up.

(Sighs) I had better get a high doze sedative ready, because Holly's check up at the Vet is tomorrow too. Silly man, he is more than capable of taking it himself!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I emerged from my slumber this morning, to fing the current Mrs TP clearing out
    the freezer of unwanted items. On seeing the end of an ice-cream Chocolate log
    being discarded, I asked if I could have it ?
    So for breakfast this morning I had a big bowl of healthy ice-cream. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,385Chief of Staff
    the current Mrs TP :D

:)) :)) :)) love it! Please thank TB2 for the fry up, landlord.
    Being a fan of "I'm sorry I haven't a clue " , I found a list of some wonderful Innuendos about
    Samantha the score keeper. From the late great Humphrey Lyttleton.

"Before I nip out with Samantha for a time honoured blow on the seafront..”
    "Samantha tells me it's time to let her whippet out.”
    "While Samantha nips out to enjoy a mouthful of Jacob's…”
    "So as Samantha heads off to the Highland games to admire the contestants in the caber competition, and perhaps have a go at tossing one or two herself..."
    “Samantha has to nip out now with her new gentleman friend. Apparently, they've been working on the restoration of an old chest of drawers. Samantha is in charge of polishing, while he scrapes the varnish and wax off next to her."
    "Samantha has just started keeping bees, and already has three dozen or so. She says she's got an expert handler coming round to give a demonstration. He'll carefully take out her 38 bees... and soon have them flying round his head."
    "Samantha has to nip out now to spend time with her new gentleman friend. They're going on a driving tour of Wales. She says he's looking forward to showing her Cardiff and Cardigan Bay, before going on to Bangor in the back of his van."
    "While Samantha nips out to warm up her little Morris..."
    “Samantha has to nip out now as she's got a new job working in the sound archive as the manager. It's her first day, so apparently she's going to give a speech in the back room and hand jobs out in the office."
    “While Samantha nips over to Prague for a quick check-up..." :))

http://www.isihac.net/archive.php
    https://youtu.be/aRFzVdvNQXo
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) I miss Humph- Jack Dee does a good job but Humph had his unique way which made the show what it was. (On a similar note, I'm not enjoying Miles Jupp taking over from Sandi Toksvig on "The News Quiz".)
    Now, could I please have two glasses of soothing oil, landlord, to pour on troubled waters?
    As you suggested I think Susan Calman would have been a better choice. Although
    I do like his dead pan delivery and given the list of shows he's hosted, I guess they
    thought he was a safe pair of hands.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    My goodness the entire forum's quiet today. You're not all off auditioning for the role of James Bond as DC's successor and hid the open-call notice from me, are you?

Hello?

Hello? Is any body out there?
    "I'm Free" ;)
    I've discovered a few Apps full of movies and old tv shows, so have been busy watching many
    old shows ( to get new jokes) .
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Visited the 'Piz Gladys' Tearooms in Tunbridge Wells today.
    Having given the waitress our order, she enquired 'would you like a knob of butter for your crumpet?' ..... to which answered 'most certainly not!! and that happens to be my wife'.
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    A cold Coke Zero, please. And may I add that President Erdogan is a bully with questionable sexual leanings :D
    What politician doesn't, or dodge paying any tax ? :D
    Perhaps. But I was hoping for more of an reaction from Erdogan and Turkey - ideally he would try to order Norway to abondon our democracy and free speech :))
    Perhaps my post require too much knoledge of German and Turkish politcs ....
    To be honest I thought President Erdogan, was from
    House of Cards ! :D
    (Pushes a Coke Zero towards 24)

Politics? I say vote Bartlett! Alternatively, Ral'Ghorittri!
    A German TV comedy show made fun of Erdogan. Since he got so offended the first time they did it (he easily does - there have been 2000 trails in Turkey against people who have "offended" him since he became president) they made a poem about him named "offence" that was wery offensive :))
    Erdogan then put a lot of political pressure to jail the commedian. Since Turkey has a lot of leverage on Germany now due to the refugee deal, Merkel took the low road and approved an investigation against the commedian. Shame :#
    The first victim of war is Satire. 8-)
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2016
    Number24 wrote:
    A German TV comedy show made fun of Erdogan. Since he got so offended the first time they did it (he easily does - there have been 2000 trails in Turkey against people who have "offended" him since he became president) they made a poem about him named "offence" that was wery offensive :))
    Erdogan then put a lot of political pressure to jail the commedian.

So far I agree with you, my norwegian friend.

So, what has happened: A german TV show made a critical song about Erdogan and how civil rights have been lowered by him in the last years.
    The german ambassador has been called trice to protest against it.

Some days later - the case was still very present in the public eye - another comedian made a kind of tutorial about what was legal in Germany and what was not. By saying : "This is not allowed here" he cited is "poem" which included almost every possible insult, which you could throw on muslim men - clearly in the direction of Erdogan.

I found both hilarious and appropriate in the context that Erdogan simply puts his local critics in jail.
    Now Erdogan did - besides putting a lot of political pressure on our government - 3 things:

1. He sued the second comedian for ommission - which the comedian did not follow

2. He sued the comedian for insulting him. This case is still going on and the government has no saying in- if the investigations are started and how they are done. A civil court will decide later about that.

3. We have an ancient paragraph here for insulting other heads of states which has to be cleared by the present government.

After 4 days of discussions, our government approved the opening of that case.
    We are very proud of our division of powers and political independence of our courts

I have been one of the first who wanted Mrs. Merkel not to approve the 3rd claim because that would mean to break under Erdogan's pressure. And 2\3 of our population shares that opinion.
    Let me also say, that I am not in Merkel's political camp, I have never voted for her party.

But!!!!

If we really take seriously the independence of our justice - her decision has been right!

That old paragraph still existst and the political class should have no saying in any court trial still.
    Not giving their approval would have meant to influence the justice in a certain way - so if we are really serious in that - we have no option than letting justice doing their jobs.
    The interpretation about further motives ( such as cracking under Erdogan's pressure) are simply that: Speculations!

I must add that we are getting that old paragraph deleted asap, but for now, it's present law.

I also must add, that Merkel made a previous statement ( with the attempt of calming down the waves coming from Turkey) that the poem was " hurtful by purpose" and that was a mistake by looking back on it.

Let me add that I share the critic in the " refugee deal" with Turkey, but Germany had no other option. The reason for that dirty deal is the lack of humanity and solidarity from all other EU and non-EU countries to accept syrian refugees in a larger scale :#

Here I've found the piece with english subtitles.
    Please note, that he said several times, that this would be illegal to say and at the end he advises Erdogan go go to court if he doesn't like this:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac4_1460392858

And here in german:
    http://www.bild.de/video/clip/recep-tayyip-erdogan/boehmermanns-erdogan-gedicht-45152028.bild.html
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Higgins wrote:
    Number24 wrote:
    Erdogan then put a lot of political pressure to jail the commedian.

So far I agree with you, my norwegian friend.

So, what has happened: A german TV show made a critical song about Erdogan and how civil rights have been lowered by him in the last years.
    The german ambassador has been called trice to protest against it.

Some days later - the case was still very present in the public eye - another comedian made a kind of tutorial about what was legal in Germany and what was not. By saying : "This is not allowed here" he cited is "poem" which included almost every possible insult, which you could throw on muslim men - clearly in the direction of Erdogan.

I found both hilarious and appropriate in the context that Erdogan simply puts his local critics in jail.
    Now Erdogan did - besides putting a lot of political pressure on our government - 3 things:

1. He sued the second comedian for ommission - which the comedian did not follow

2. He sued the comedian for insulting him. This case is still going on and the government has no saying in- if the investigations are started and how they are done. A civil court will decide later about that.

3. We have an ancient paragraph here for insulting other heads of states which has to be cleared by the present government.

After 4 days of discussions, our government approved the opening of that case.
    We are very proud of our division of powers and political independence of our courts

I have been one of the first who wanted Mrs. Merkel not to approve the 3rd claim because that would mean to break under Erdogan's pressure. And 2\3 of our population shares that opinion.
    Let me also say, that I am not in Merkel's political camp, I have never voted for her party.

But!!!!

If we really take seriously the independence of our justice - her decision has been right!

That old paragraph still existst and the political class should have no saying in any court trial still.
    Not giving their approval would have meant to influence the justice in a certain way - so if we are really serious in that - we have no option than letting justice doing their jobs.
    The interpretation about further motives ( such as cracking under Erdogan's pressure) are simply that: Speculations!

I must add that we are getting that old paragraph deleted asap, but for now, it's present law.

I also must add, that Merkel made a previous statement ( with the attempt of calming down the waves coming from Turkey) that the poem was " hurtful by purpose" and that was a mistake by looking back on it.

Let me add that I share the critic in the " refugee deal" with Turkey, but Germany had no other option. The reason for that dirty deal is the lack of humanity and solidarity from all other EU and non-EU countries to accept syrian refugees in a larger scale :#

Here I've found the piece with english subtitles.
    Please note, that he said several times, that this would be illegal to say and at the end he advises Erdogan go go to court if he doesn't like this:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ac4_1460392858

And here in german:
    http://www.bild.de/video/clip/recep-tayyip-erdogan/boehmermanns-erdogan-gedicht-45152028.bild.html

Yes, you may very well be right. More and more political commentators argue (as you do) that Merkel did the right thing - to hand the matter over to the justice system. Some say she is really schooling Erdogan in the workings of democracy and an independent justice system by doing so. But Germany isn't the only European country to let in a great number of refugees. Sweden has let in very many refugees, but had to use some restrictions when it turned out the system simply coudn't take the masses of people that arrived. Sweden already had so-called "no-go" areas in the largest cities. The government claimed for the longest time that the refugee crisis did not lead to any problems locally, but failded to devulge that several local authorities had reported that they were incapable of handling that many refugees because it was too much of a strain on the resources. Portugal has also invited a great deal of refugees, but only very few have actually wanted to go there.
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Can anyone here make cocktails?

Just discovered a Martini Royale ... Very nice even if it is just Martini Bianco and Prosecco ... it's stirred,not shaken :p
    Oh, I think we all know a few here, who can stir things up. ;)
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I've never understood this thread. :(
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
    You either get it or you don't!
    Another pint, landlord, and one for my friend NP... on second thoughts, give him a treble whisky as well.
    Make it a large one for NP ...

We'll have him on the karaoke before nights end :))
    Yes, Let's crank up Another way to Die ! :D
    Best Bond song for Karaoke has got to be 'Goldfinger' surely ?? :))
    Well please give me some advanced warning. Whenever there is a karaoke night when I'm behind the bar, Holly starts caterwauling. She makes a row for hours!

(Growling noises from the kitchen)

Alright, alright food on the way, I'm coming!
    I croon a very good version of From Russia with love. Throwing the microphone
    Lead over my shoulder, as I move among the crowd, asking were they're from. ;)
    Hi, barkeep! I was looking at the field outside. It's clearly not usable for farming, but I wonder if there is some other comercial use for that field? Rich people will buy a nything these days, you know.
    I took a picture of it. Have a look and see if you think of anything ....

82q7bzc.jpg
    Can I have a Coke Zero while we ponder on it, please?