The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    (Turning red in the face while jumping up and down in ..... mild frustration)
    WHERE US MY COKE!!!! X-(
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    ZX80 and ZX81? Befiore my time... (and it's not often you hear me saying that!)

I still have a cassette of the Spectrum version of AVTAK- though not the hardware to play it on.
    (gets up from the chair, now shaking like a leaf, then strides quickly to the exit and finally runs desperately into the night)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    ZX80 and ZX81? Befiore my time... (and it's not often you hear me saying that!)

:))

Barbel wrote:
    I still have a cassette of the Spectrum version of AVTAK- though not the hardware to play it on.

I have that too...somewhere...and still have the boxed Spectrum Bond edition -{
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    {[] It's all part of being a Bond collector.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Barbel wrote:
    {[] It's all part of being a Bond collector.

So true...I have Bond tat everywhere :))
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've even kept the stubs from the cinema tickets, I used to
    Watch the Bond films ;% ( before they went all electronic ) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sometimes I love Twitter ...

I've just been reading a thread that had me chuckling.

'In a UK pub, is it okay to ask someone who's buying a round to get some crisps?" '

Apparently it's not as simple as yes or no :)) :))
    edited September 2018
    All the important issues are debated on Twitter :D

In other news, I'm planning to watch "Lady Bird" on DVD tonight. has anyone here seen it?
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    Ladybird is an amazing film. I am curious what you take from it since it is about how complex mother and daughter relationships are.
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    I think in a round of drinks, crisps are up to the individual to
    Order, or ask the group at their turn to buy. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think in a round of drinks, crisps are up to the individual to
    Order, or ask the group at their turn to buy. :D

Very much depends on who you're in a round with.

There's certain people I would have no problem asking. Personally I would have no problem if someone asked me. It's a bag of crips.
    I usually head for the toilet, at my round ;) so it's not a problem
    I usually head for the toilet, at my round ;) so it's not a problem

Don't think it's gone unnoticed TP :v
    :)) :)) :))
    Tonight I'm going to the local opera to see "La Boheme" by Puccini. I think it's for everyone...
    The only thing I know about opera is they don't like it
    When you start to sing along. ;)
    I'll put that to the test :))
    The fat lady has finished singing.
    And now (drum roll) the first opera review in the history of AJB!

La Boheme by Puccini

This opera takes place in Paris in the 1830's among the bohemes, which is what they called liberal hippies back then. They are poor since this was before the welfare state. The female lead is sick and spends act 3 and 4 dying, just like one is supposed to in a good opera.

The singing, costumes, orchestra etc are really good for an amateur opera in a small town in Norway.
    The problem was too much plot and not enough hummable tunes (ideally known from commercials on the telly). This is a cardinal sin for an opera.
    Still, I liked it. Perhaps because I got to see a friend of mine (a round man in his mid-fourties) dancing around stage dressed as an angel and throwing glitter around. Well worth the ticket :D
    It's about bleeding time we had a bit of culture in here, and not just in the
    yogurt ;) I love a bit of "highbrow" entertainment :))
    Thank you. Let me ad that La Boheme reminded me of how hot women in business suits can be, with trousers, braid, ties and everything :)
  • VesperMelogranoVesperMelograno The SouthPosts: 901MI6 Agent
    edited October 2018
    Number24 wrote:
    Thank you. Let me ad that La Boheme reminded me of how hot women in business suits can be, with trousers, braid, ties and everything :)
    I saw it done once only in slips. ( also this is the second opera review I know of. I have already done one in the Led Zeppelin thread.)
    I've always wanted to have Christmas in Turkey
    Only number two? Oh, no!

Interestingly, "slips" is the Norwegian word for a tie :D
    Happy Global James Bond day {[]
    Yes, congratulations to all! :007)
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6242051/Thomas-Cook-planes-trendy-new-paint-job-spells-embarrassing-word-doors-open.html
    Thomas Cook planes get a new paint job, but it spells an
    Embarrassing message when Doors open :))
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Didn't realise it was global james bond day :o
    Thank god omega constantly bombard me with emails and messages to remind me of such things.
    Screenshot_20181005-222859.png
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    My older sister shot her first moose today. I would like a large glass of Coke Zero with ice to celebrate, please :D
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I once shot a moose in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I'll never know.

A warm brandy, please.