The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I thought it may have been N24 fighting with autocorrect again, and it was a Mouse that had been shot ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,802MI6 Agent
    No, Autocorrect didn't do any damage this time. I'm of course proud of my sister even though the family is to bludgeoning animals to death. You know, the proper way.
    :)) Can't beat tradition. Out of interest, how long would it take a family to eat a moose ?
    Is it considered a delicacy or just standard meat ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I don't know. Moose live to the east, near Sweden. I have only seen a live moose once. I was in the same region as where she lives and I walked down a forrest road suddenly I saw a moose about fifteen feet in front of me. We had a quiet moment before it walked away.

The deer hunt is around now. My father was an exellent shot (better than the snipers in the brigade he served his national service in), but his eyesight is going and he never liked killing for sport. I don't hunt either. But we are minor landowners and hunters sometimes bring us our share in a plastic bag.
    A Coke Zero, please.

You know, I think Malenia Trump's fashion consultant is a member of The Resistance Inside The White House :))

0621-melania-trump-jacket-ap-zara-3.jpg

back%2Bof%2Bthe%2Bbus_thumb%255B1%255D?imgmax=800
    Yesterday I managed to satisfy a Bond girl .. :D

My new manager's ( he's been here a few months ) Mother
    Was in an early Bond film. Asked me to find a good deal on
    A phone ( he had one in mind ), I suggested another which
    Saved the lady £100. Which pleased them both -{

I'm not going into details on who etc, as that's a more private
    Issue.
    Good evening. A Coke Zero, please.
    I'm also hungry. Can you have anything unhealthy, expensive and ideally politically incorrect on the menu?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    ...make that two!
    A Whale Burger sounds good, but is it unhealthy enough?
    I offered one to Dame Vera Lynn and she cried
    Not " Whale meat again " ;)
    :)) :)) :))
    I love this place. SABS is away from the stress and demands of the outside world. Especially the service happens at a stately pace, safe in the knowldege that the job is theirs forever. :) -{
    :))
    There are elections for landlord, and if the patrons
    Vote the wrong way, ...... we have another until they
    Vote the Right way ;)
    Holly can be very persuasive!
    {[]
    My box set ( DVD collection ) of " The Return of the Saint "
    Arrived today, really looking forward to watching these again.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Nice! Starring the Sir Roger look-alike and Man who could have been Bond, Ian Ogilvy :007)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    (enters, discovers the jukebox in the corner and dusts it off. Then dusts it off some more. Then puts on a an old single from the 1980's marked "Shame", shame, shame")

izabella-scorupco-shame-single.jpg

Doesn't sound very Bondian to me. I wonder why it's here?
    https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=shame+shame+shame+on+you+if+you+can%27t+dance+too&&view=detail&mid=68E448162BDB030F2BE068E448162BDB030F2BE0&&FORM=VRDGAR

(Goes behind the bar, dusts off a Coke Zero bottle)

This doesn't look very Bondian either. I should make sure no-one else finds it. Might ruin what's left of SABS's reputation.

(Opens the bottle, leaves the Norwegian prize of a bottle of Coke on the bar)
    Ended my Return of the Saint boxset, and watched the special
    Features. It's still a great series after all these years. The
    Location work is amazing, they really did film all over Italy, France
    and the South of England.
    In one episode The Saint has to run into the house of commons
    To get to Big Ben carrying a gun ( to catch an assassin). They used hidden cameras.
    They commented on the audio track, that you couldn't film that today.
    ( The commentary is around twenty years old ) Sad to think of the
    Recent horrible attack at this very spot.
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    (TB2 looks around aghast.
    Holly is standing next to him. Her tail fluffs out and she starts growling.)

What the Blue Bloddy Hell has been goimg on while I was away!?! The place is filthy!!
    (To the Cat). Holly, you will have to bring him in later. We have to clean up this, Mess!!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    {[] Welcome back TB2 -{ " been on holiday, I understand "
    Welcome back, TB2. You have been sorely missed.
    (Points at the money on the bar)

Some foreigner came by, drank a bottle of …. some kind of soft drink, paid and left.
    Thank You Fellas, its good to be back.
    I'll get this place cleaned up, and I have some enhancements for the A.R.S.E and a few other bits and pieces too.

I'll start by getting that miney in the till and prepping the clean up operation. (Growling) Once I have served Holly her dinner! Come on cat!
    By the way, have I missed anything, any news?
    Not much, we've discovered a spinning vortex of evil
    In one of the cellars. One of the seven gateways to
    Hell, apparently!
    A short alien invasion, successfully fought off when
    We discovered they were allergic to peanuts ..... I was
    So proud to see so many of our members nuts, used
    So effectively...............
    ........ and I now identify as a German watch and shoe
    Fetishist. ;) ....... oh, and there seems to be some Spy
    Film in the pipeline.
    There is a pop single sung by Izabella Scorupco (of Izabella Thread fame) in the SABS jukebox, did you know that?
    The big news about Bond25 is that there is no news, something that's led to a lot of discussion.

Also, some of the Coke Zero behind the bar is so old it can be considered vintage. Do you have any idea of how rare a Coke Zero from 2003 is, especially around me?
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    {[]
    My box set ( DVD collection ) of " The Return of the Saint "
    Arrived today, really looking forward to watching these again.

'The Return of The Saint' is one of my favourite ever theme tunes. I had it as my ringtone for a while. :)
    Just don't play it in a Lexus in a graveyard.
    https://youtu.be/Os38o2K0QPo
    It is a fantastic theme, My other favourite
    Is the Theme from Department S
    https://youtu.be/Z_W5UK69xBo
    Or .... Top Gear's version
    https://youtu.be/qLp4FhDAfQk
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    edited November 2018
    Just don't play it in a Lexus in a graveyard.
    https://youtu.be/Os38o2K0QPo
    It is a fantastic theme, My other favourite
    Is the Theme from Department S
    https://youtu.be/Z_W5UK69xBo
    Or .... Top Gear's version
    https://youtu.be/qLp4FhDAfQk

Want to know something funny? We had a blue Lexus just like the one in the clip. :)) :))

Never played the RoTS theme in it mind but did often refer to it as 'the Lexus' ;%

AP's Bondathon ... Best summary of TSWLM :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC8dWWImNzU

Steve Coogan is a big Bond fan ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K46Mg4csqFE
    edited November 2018
    On first seeing Alan's Bondathon, my wife
    Told me " That's You !"
    Also that sequence of AP listening to the
    Theme, gets a mention in the dvd commentary
    Of RotS
    (TB2 looks carefully around the pub. The fire is crackling in thr hearth. The wood panels are all clean and shiny from being freshly polished, as are the tables, chairs amd bartop. The Mods Armchairs are sparkling, and each fitted with a small new brass plaques saying names like 'Sir Miles' 'Barbel' etc. Siamease fighting fish attack each other in the beer garden pond, creating ripples and splashes. Where the hedges have been trimmed and the Bond Garden Of Honour busts have been cleaned of moss and lichens. Fresh lilles have been planted in front of the bust of Lois Maxwell. A small stone piano shaped bird bath is next to Bernard Lee's bust.

The ARSE has had its Cylon eye upgraded to a pulsing version that also sweeps back and forth like a clock pendulum showing its in standby mode. A flat series of rectangular black bars and a mini speaker have been fitted to the wall panel right next to it.
    New cushions are on the Mods chairs too. Embroidered, they show locations such as the MI6 Vauxhall Building, Thane Castle, Auric Enterprises, Drax's French Chateau and Piz Gloria amongst others.

Holly pokes her head through the Alsation sized cat flap.)

Alright cat, Now you can bring him in now!

(Holly goes back out, and then comes back in gently carrying what looks like a slightly larger than average black domestic cat by the scruff of the neck. Once they are both in, she gently puts the newcomer down, who is a bit legs and whiskers everywhere. But as he sits up, his curved ears, snoutish nose and longer than average tail reveal the truth...)

Everyone this is Freddy! Son of Holly. He is a bit shy, but should settle in nicely.
    What is everyone drinking then?
    (N24 looks around in the establishment. Stands a while in front of the bust of Plenty o'Toole the Bond Garden Of Honour, then nods approvingly)

This looks splendid, TB2! it will probably take a while to get used to the smell of soap and the shine in a recently washed surface, but I think this will be a success :007)
    One Coke Zero, please.