The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,213MI6 Agent
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,323Chief of Staff

😁😁😁

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    edited August 2022
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff
    YNWA 97
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent

I didn't know (obviously...). I suspect it wasn't entirely successful?

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,569Chief of Staff

It was brought back by Gold - a digital tv station here in the UK that usually runs repeats of older programs…but it does commission it’s own content occasionally…from what I recall it was still funny but no idea about it’s success in viewing figures 🤷🏻‍♂️

YNWA 97
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent

Oh My Gods, its the Landlord!! How are you Pussy? I had no idea you were home!

Re The Worm that turned, I always remember the amazing Diana Dorrs in that. A woman who just got all the more amazing as time went by.

It may have been unpc (Thankfully!) but it wasn't the slurry of Britain Thinks Its Got Talent, or F**ked Island.

You'll have to scuse me, I am still in pain, seeing GP tomorrow. My sciatica is evolving into thigh muscle pain.

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    edited August 2022

Hopefully it will turn into not having any symptoms soon. 🙂

The king and queen is visiting the region and the weather is the best we've seen in a month. The royal family's constitutional powers are not what they were, but their command of the weather is amazing!

May I ask all here to join me in raising a glass to the late Queen Elizabeth II, you will never be forgotten 🥃

• The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,132MI6 Agent

Your Majesty🥃

"Any of the opposition around..?"

🥃

To the queen!

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent

To the Queen! 🍸

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 To The Queen.

If some of you can tear themselves from watching the news from the Swedish election, why don't we meet up here?

Yes the election is riveting, but I'm sure someone can visit this place? 😁

I’m here @Number24. A Coke Zero and an ice cold bottle of San Mig Lite, please, landlord.

Thank you. I know it must've cost you to stay away from news from the ongoing counting of votes in Sweden. 🤝

It has been very hard to pull myself away from following the Swedish election but here I am anyway. I'll have a cup of tea, please. PG Tips if you have it. 🙂

Here's a tip for you: the TV series "State of Happiness" is really good. 😃

One of my favourite tips is not to eat yellow snow. 😀

Alas, we learn the hard way. "Never lick metal in the cold" is another classic. So is "erase your search history at least weekly". I'm very generous with the tips today.

edited September 2022

Someone on the radio suggested (jokingly) to re-name American football and just call it American hand-egg since it's more accurate. What do you think?

I get confused with all that "so many yard line" stuff in American football, which is actually more like rugby than anything. American hand-egg is a great alternative name. I might even watch it if it was called that. Personally, I've always thought that playing cricket with live hand grenades would make it more exciting to watch. I could see that happening in a Bond film or novel in fact.

We always have PG Tips Silhouette, I use them myself. The Pyramid Bags remind me of TSWLM.

I have made us a fresh pot.

Will any of you be part of the crowd in London watching the queen's funeral?

Thank you so much, @Thunderbird 2. That's much appreciated. It is the best tea I've tasted: not too strong but, like Goldilocks's porridge, just right. Good point about the pyramid teabags and TSWLM. 🙂

It really does rejuvinate and no mistake. Having a large mug of it myself.

So... I have had a nice week away with my Father, this past week has been non stop at work, so its nice to be behind the bar.

How is everyone else?

🙋 I'm here!

I'd like some coffee, please. Nice to see familiar faces in here. 🙂

edited September 2022

One Janeway Caffine Junkie special.

(TB2 produces a tankard which is angrily vibrating to itself, making very low key whistling noises. Holly keeps her yellow eyes locked on a small cloud that erupts from the tankard till it disperses mid air.)

This one is a bit subdued compared to normal. I think its the beans!