The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    edited January 2023

It's 50 years old today in fact. A quick check on Wikipedia confirms that it premiered as an episode of Comedy Playhouse as 'The Last of the Summer Wine' on 4 January 1973, and the first series of episodes proper followed on 12 November 1973.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • chrisno1chrisno1 LondonPosts: 3,309MI6 Agent

Goodness.

• Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,308MI6 Agent

It had a few cast changes over the years but the principal players remained the same.

"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    edited January 2023

It even featured a certain Mr Ling in later series.

"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

So Compo was Bond, Foggy was M, Clegg was Q and Nora Batty was Miss Moneypenny 😂

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent

After a joyous camping holiday where I got fresh air and stretched my legs, at home I have been hit by a heavy cold! Its not fair. Here is a holiday snap of the accomodation.

Who is Thirsty? I have stocked up on Fentimans fizzys, and there are a few new snack packs in too... (Notices a paw entering a delivery box) Holly! Those are not for you! You don't like pickled onions. (Holly sneezes)

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,489Chief of Staff

I'll have a pint of lager, please, TB2. Not feeling ambitious in the drinking department at the moment.

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,838MI6 Agent
    edited February 2023

Coke Zero, please.

I had two unusual dinners today, at least for me. First my mother served fried cod's tongue with potatoes, a specialty in northern Norway where she's from. No, don't run away! It looks and tastes much like chicken nuggets.

The second dinner (I sound like a Hobbit) I had was borsht. As we know Russian started it's big invasion of Ukraine one year ago. We had an event in the nearest town in support of Ukraine tonight. Some Ukrainan refugees there too. They sang, played the violin, showed us videos from the old country and we talked. Then they served us borsht (as mentioned in TLD) and dumplings. Slava Ukraini!

• CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,334MI6 Agent

I’ll go local - Tanduay Rum and freshly squeezed pineapple juice over ice and a pack of Oishi Tomato Ketchup flavoured potato crisps, please.

Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

"In Norway, March is a spring month"

Is the password exchange still valid? If it is I'd like a cup of hot chocolate with a sip of Coke Zero thrown in.

Phuyuck!

I forgot. The bar needs to see my tattoo too for positive identification.

Tattoos? You'd never catch James Bond with a

Er.....

I seem to remember that Connery had "Mum and Dad" and "Scotland Forever" tattooed on his arms but I agree that tattoos are more the domain of the Bond villain than Bond himself - Count Lippe anyone?

edited March 2023

Let's remind ourselves that it's unlikely that any of us is James Bond, so the above debate may unnecessary (but Bond shouldn't have a Tattoo).

But the new rules say we have to identify ourselves by showing our tattoos to get served here. If you can't find them on yourself for some reason you can search for your tattoo on the net, because nowadays everything can be found there. 😉😆

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,778MI6 Agent

What cobblers!

Having a Tattoo gets you a free glass of wine, a single measure of Whisky, or an Admiral Jameway Caffine Junkie coffee once a month. Simple as.

I came up with that because Sir Sean had two tattoos in real life and I have one.

And no, multiple tattoos do not mean multiple drinks!

This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?

What's SABS policy on misspelled tattoos? I'm just ....... asking for a friend.

I see. So more lasers than in the space station fight in MR? 😲

It'll take it all and more to remove that lot! 😉

edited March 2023

That person and I ... I mean my friend ..... must share the same tattoo artist! 😃

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent

It should.

Anyone contemplating getting a tattoo should first read Roald Dahl's short story 'Skin' and if you still want one after that then it's safe to proceed. I think. 😉

I came here for a Coke Zero because hardly anyone has dared to post anything today. Where I live we're thirty minutes into April 2nd and I feel like an honest man. Not much has happened in the news earlier, but Gun Jesus has discovered vikings in Iceland invented the gun, or "atgeir". That sounds cool. I think this fact will make Iceland great again!

Has anyone else read or heard anything in particular today?

"In Norway April (too) is a spring month"

A mug of hot chocolate with a shot of Coke Zero, please.