The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    edited April 2015
    I still get a lump in my throat ,when I see the Skyfall scene ,where Bond has his Aston stashed (in Deptford) the amount of times ive parked in that alley is more than I can remember . to have that Bond link to a real place where you have both been is a weird feeling . I will one day stop and get a photo .

I know what you mean AS, to finish off a recent hillwalking holiday, my mate drove us back to our respective parents homes by going the long scenic way from Glen Nevis, via the Glencoe Pass. I suddenly realised as I looked out the side and rear windows, we were coming down the stretch of road the Aston goes up in Skyfall. Specifically the section before Bond stops the car and M wakes up.

On our previous trips we have been to a few other places,

The Old Man of Storr on Skye (Prometheus)
    En route we passed Elin Donin Castle (TWINE)
    The Aysgarth Falls stretch of the river Ure in Wensleydale.
    The Sycamore Tree pass of Hadrians Wall (both in Robin Hood PO Thieves)
    The western trail path of Snowdon (Carry On Up The Kyber)

I am prob forgetting one or two. It's an odd sensation when you suddenly realise that here, was "there." It can leave you feeling a bit neither here nor there!

Speaking of which, a double Dalwhinne for me and a pint of milk for Holly please Landlord!
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Number24 wrote:
    I think I'm going to celebrate with a glass of non-alcoholic champagne. I survived Easter despite not even bringing skis on holiday. I stuck with my story about the weather forcast being too bad for skiing, so my patriotism remains unquestioned :D

You go ski -ing ,on your easter holiday ?wow, most people in the U.K wander aimlessly around the shops at easter ,because they are too stupid ,to think of any think else to do . :))
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I love watching shoppers of a Sunday morning. Before the shopping centre has
    even opened, they're out wandering around the car park, like zombies. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    due to casting, I picked the murder out in the first ten minutes. ;)

I haven't seen that, but I know what you mean. Remember the film "Charade"? Who is poor Audrey Hepburn to trust: hook-handed George Kennedy? Hitman James Coburn? Slimy lawyer Walter Matthau? Or maybe, just maybe, Cary Grant.... :D
    :)) yes something like that ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    I love a good murder, from Agatha Christie to Midsomer Murders. :D
    Finally got round to watching " The girl with the dragon tattoo " and loved
    It, although due to casting, I picked the murder out in the first ten minutes. ;)

I'm a softie for a old fashioned British murder mystery where they politely murder each other :D
    Me too, I love an old country house mystery. :x I never miss a Poirot or
    A Miss Marple, (I've read all the Miss Marple books). :)
    Wanting to kill somebody is bad enough. Why make it worse by swearing, spilling blood or using the wrong fork? ?:)
    Just a good, classic murder :)
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Foyles War. It may not be a Murder Mystery Series, but it's very well written -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,593Chief of Staff
    Finally got round to watching " The girl with the dragon tattoo " and loved
    It, although due to casting, I picked the murder out in the first ten minutes. ;)

I knew who the murderer was WELL before that ;)

But then I had read the books :D
    YNWA 97
    Talking of good series / films stemming from books, does anyone else watch Inspector Montalbano on BBC 4?
    I've seen one or two Episodes of it -{ It's pretty good.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    I must give that a watch as I love detective shows. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,349Chief of Staff
    Bride Of Barbel is fond of "Death In Paradise". It's pretty good.

Landlord, a pint of lager please!
    Whiskey, neat please -{
    This is as tidy as I get. :D
    I too love a bit of " Death in Paradise" it's nice to see a bit of sunshine
    During the winter months. :)) basically I love anything with a murder in
    it.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I'm going to have a drink and sit back and watch a Bond film. I'm going to
    Enjoy it, not look for faults, pick holes in the plot, point our errors in the
    Special effects or worry where it ranks in the worst, the most dated, or some
    such other ranking thread........ I'm for a couple of hours I'll let the most talented
    Group of technician, writers, producers, musicians, singers, directors and Actors
    Take me on an adventure with the worlds best gentleman agent. {[]

Standing applause from me for this - unless you pop in a Dalton movie :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I'm going to have a drink and sit back and watch a Bond film. I'm going to
    Enjoy it, not look for faults, pick holes in the plot, point our errors in the
    Special effects or worry where it ranks in the worst, the most dated, or some
    such other ranking thread........ I'm for a couple of hours I'll let the most talented
    Group of technician, writers, producers, musicians, singers, directors and Actors
    Take me on an adventure with the worlds best gentleman agent. {[]

Standing applause from me for this - unless you pop in a Dalton movie :D

Indeed, well said TP! :) -{

And sorry Higgins, but I just can't agree on that Dalton bit! :D -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    edited April 2015
    no need to apologize for "not knowing better" :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    There are many things I don't know, and things I don't know, I don't know that
    I don't know them. :D ignorance is bliss. :))
    There are many things I don't know, and things I don't know, I don't know that
    I don't know them. :D ignorance is bliss. :))

Ah, but if you don't know, that you don't know what you don't know, how can you really be sure you don't know? It is entirely possible you actually Do know, but you just don't know that you know. If you don't know that you actually know what you don't know, then you don't know that you know what you know, and that you don't know what you don't know. You know?

I bet that you didn't know that I know the wonders of Yes Prime Minister from the book rather than the series. Its a book that didn't know its in the know. I know, its a great read to know, you know?

:D

Why did you just take the bottle away? :(
    Most of them are empty anyway :D
    Heard a comic ask if he was the only one who got mixed up with...
    Boko Haram and Procol Harum. :))
    Got the posters back for the 70s night ( not over 70s BL ) :p
    Great flares, great dancing, great music deserve a great tag line ..
    " come in and smell the funk !" :D
    Hot chocolate, please. I hear a bear was shot in this area during Easter. It killed livestock, and not just for food. I understand one of two more bears have to be killed soon. This is actually exotic to me, since I come from a region that hasn't had bears for more than a hundred years.
    We do get some bears that's true, mainly as they mistake us for
    " The Submariner and Jockstrap" ! Across the street. :D
    But where better then them :))
    Old joke time....
    Advice from a hunter to a camper ...
    " If you come face to face with a bear, reach behind you for some sh*t and throw
    It in his face, he'll run away !"
    " what if I reach behind and there is no sh*t ?"
    " You meets Bear son, I guarantee, There'll be plenty of sh*t !" :))
    edited April 2015
    But where better then them :))

I hear the bear outside preys on the weakest of the herd. That's part of the reason some of us will never leave :D
    More old jokes, ( well it is a pub) ;)

Two blokes getting ready to run away from a bear, one say to his mate
    " Do you think WE can out run it ?"
    His mate replies ..
    " Don't know, I just have to out run YOU !". :))