The Silencer & Black Garter

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,797MI6 Agent
    True, in the US they even eat hot dogs! :))
    I don't like ruining a good story by using facts, but it's possible that pizza is at least as common on Norwegian tables as smalahove is :v
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    We brought back some of your Cheese, Gjetost. It has an interesting Taste :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm sure even the pizza toppings in ( parts) of Norway, would be interesting. ;)
    I watched a documentary on Alaska and their " Bear burgers" , one guy said it
    Took him a long while to get used to eating beefburgers :))
    As for cheese, has to be mature cheddar, loved it melted on toast. :x
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Red Leicester for me :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I don't know if you have it in England but we have a thing called " Soda Bread"
    Which when cut in half, smotheted in cheese, then grilled with a little sausage
    Cut up through it. :x
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Work sells it :)

I like the Irish Crisps called 'Tayto' With the smiling Cartoon Potato on the Packaging.

Either that, or I'm smoking Weed again :))
    :)) Yes good old Tayto, made in Tayto castle. ( but a big factory really) :D
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,344Chief of Staff
    I don't know if you have it in England but we have a thing called " Soda Bread"
    Which when cut in half, smotheted in cheese, then grilled with a little sausage
    Cut up through it. :x

Sounds similar to what we in Scotland call "Soda Scones".
    Could be, I'm sure every region has something similar. I remember years ago
    Going on a holiday in the Republic of Ireland, and what a Job we had finding
    " Potato bread" :)) the shop keepers didn't even know what it was. We finally
    Found some as the lady said " you northerners love your Frys " :))
    I tried to get my Uncles Wife (who's Austrian) into Scones and Marmite.

It didn't go too well :))
    ...what we call "Tattie Scones"! :D
    :)) I was so surprised on my last medical check, that my blood sugar levels
    And cholesterol levels were all fine. As I thought given my diet, my cholesterol
    Would've been through the roof. :))
    Am right now happily munching into a quiche cos I'm a real man.

I haven't had my cholesterol checked for a while... maybe I'm scared to!
    Any Calories I take in, I burn off anyway -{ I'm constantly on my Feet during the Day.
    One of the greatest inventions ever ....... The square sausage slice ! :D
    Great for making a sausage sandwich. ;)
    Oh, we thought they were a secret! :D :D :D
    :))
    Or put it in a bap with a fried egg, for a handy breakfast. ;)
    Black Pudding and Bacon? :p
    :)) you could make your own " Breakfast Mcmuffin" I'm loving it. :D
    It's better then the Strawberries and Pork Pies that the OH demands during her Cravings :# :))
    :)) be thankful it's not coal, which apparently is very common. ;)
    Yes, I've heard about that :))
    Got my new ohmss herb rack today. It's not fully stocked but we do
    have all the thyme in the world. ;% :D
    Rosemary Goodnight is just cumin, sir.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    You're quite the sage on this site, Barbel. Always nice to see how you and TP pepper this thread with old gags - old but in mint condition (a bit like most of us in the S&BS :)) )
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) :))
    They're not old gags, they're " Classics" ;) or "retro" which is very trendy at the
    moment. :D as for mint condition " I'm in great shape. Apart from the crack in my bottom" ;)
    Never ever, say that when passing through customs. :))
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    Oldies ey? 8-) :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    What is the difference between 'out of date' and 'retro' or between 'second-hand' and 'vintage' any way? Can day old doughnuts be called vintage or must they be described as stale? How about day old beer...simply 'flat' or 'classic brew'?