FIFA World Cup 2014

Comments

• PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I would hereby like to apologize an behalf of the entire nation of the Netherlands to everyone who had to watch that terrible display of sleep inducing poep without the added tension of having your own team playing.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    What happened to Paul the Octopus who could predict the Scores from the last World Cup?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I hope you're sitting down AOS ........ :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    He died in 2010 and reïncarnated as calamares...
    Lest we forget :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Luckily we have The Domino Effect, to make the predictions :))
    He's AJB's " Derren Brown " ;) just keep any spoons away from
    The keyboard when reading any of his posts, as there's a chance
    They'll all get bent ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Heard this on the news quiz-extra on BBC radio 4.
    From a newspaper clipping.
    " ... Germany forbidden from having sex before a game, Held a victory
    Coming from behind party, after beating Algeria ". :))
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Luckily we have The Domino Effect, to make the predictions :))
    He's AJB's " Derren Brown " ;) just keep any spoons away from
    The keyboard when reading any of his posts, as there's a chance
    They'll all get bent ! :))

I am thinking of changing my name to "The Dominoctopus Effect" by deed poll.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    No more name-changing at the moment!
    That's a relief. I almost panicked the last time I was 'interfered' with.
    Is Dr Octopus, taken ? :))
    Those NHS Cuts are a Bastard aren't they? :))
    Especially in the vasectomy clinics ! :))
    But at least when Dr Octopus is at work there's no shortage of helping hands.
    Is Hans his side kick, from YOLT ? :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,326Chief of Staff
    No, that would be Mr Wint's friend Mr Squid.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    When was the last time that a team as poor as Argentina reached the World Cup Final? I can't think of a finalist as singularly unimpressive as them in my lifetime. They parked the bus for 120 minutes today and hoped to catch Holland on the counter-attack.
    Go watch film of Italia '90 -- every match was like that. On second thought, don't -- you may never recover from it. It took me over 20 years to banish the memories, only for them to all come flashing back yesterday. Doctor! :))
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Funny you should say that, Sir Hillary, someone was saying to me today that the last worst-team to reach the final was...Argentina in 1990. And I had to agree. Considering how many superbly talented players Argentina has produced over the years and how many are in the squad this year, it's incredible that they've produced such poor football on two occasions yet managed to reach the final both times! Bizarre. I guess it's preferable to playing beautiful football and getting knocked out early, but I still find it so strange for a country with so many talented players.
    BTW, there was a fantastic book written about the 1990 World Cup called "All Played Out" by Pete Davies. Davies had complete access to the England team and gives an unprecedented look at what it's like to be a team in the World Cup....plus a glimpse at the tournament as a whole. It's a great book, although a little dated now as the world - and especially professional football - has changed enormously since then, but still highly recommended. I doubt we'll ever see anything written like this again as FIFA would likely want millions from someone to have that sort of access today!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Considering how many superbly talented players Argentina has produced over the years and how many are in the squad this year, it's incredible that they've produced such poor football on two occasions yet managed to reach the final both times! Bizarre. I guess it's preferable to playing beautiful football and getting knocked out early, but I still find it so strange for a country with so many talented players.

I would kind of take issue with your comment about Argentina playing poorly...I think they've produced two great defensive performances...Mascherano was outstanding against Netherlands...admittedly people prefer to watch attacking football but I do think great defensive performances either get overlooked or dismissed...but I do take your point.
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:

Oh right ... Thought there was technical reason ! ... Thank you :)

There indeed is one: It prevents players from putting the left shoe on the right foot and vice versa.
    When looking into some faces during the national anthem - I am sure that this precaution is needed :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

There indeed is one: It prevents players from putting the left shoe on the right foot and vice versa.
    When looking into some faces during the national anthem - I am sure that this precaution is needed :))

That would make a lot of sense :)) :)) :))

Bondtoys, I'm supporting Germany all the way tonight. Do to Argentina what you did to Brazil !!! :p

On a side note are we watching the final on BBC and Alan Hansens last stint as a pundit or ITV with boring Adrian Chiles but a snazzy theme tune 'Brazil, Brazil' .... Tradition is telling me it has to he BBC

Edit: bit slow here but I was away for a bit, I'm thinking Higgins/Bondtoys are one in the same ? :s
    Yes, Bondtoys regenerated himself into Higgins. He is the German Dr Who. :))
    Yes I felt a disturbance in the force ! :D
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Yes, Bondtoys regenerated himself into Higgins. He is the German Dr Who. :))

Gotcha ;)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Yep....watching it on the BBC -{
    YNWA 97
    They just announced a treat for Dr Who fans at half time on bbc1 :D
    BT as the new Doctor? :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Why Higgins? :s
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Higgins wrote:
    Lady Rose wrote:

That would make a lot of sense :)) :)) :))

Bondtoys, I'm supporting Germany all the way tonight. Do to Argentina what you did to Brazil !!! :p

On a side note are we watching the final on BBC and Alan Hansens last stint as a pundit or ITV with boring Adrian Chiles but a snazzy theme tune 'Brazil, Brazil' .... Tradition is telling me it has to he BBC

Edit: bit slow here but I was away for a bit, I'm thinking Higgins/Bondtoys are one in the same ? :s

Yes, I've just got that too...perhaps I need another Martini... Thunderpussy, whip one up will you...

And I'm supporting Germany too.. -{
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony