FIFA World Cup 2014

Comments

• HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    Lucky number Seven :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Well I predicted Brazil would go out tonight but didn't think quite so dramatically!!!!!

My friend who went to watch the games just tweeted him and his family had to run for cover from a mad man firing a gun on the copacabana 30 mins ago - yikes!! Expect some chaos after the final whistle
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Ozil misses number 8 :D
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Brasil is back in the game! O wait....
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Oh well, not quite a clean sheet.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch Deutschland {[] ( I hope that's close enough ) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Super performance from Germany -{

Brazil have flattered to deceive this tournament - they are terrible in defence, no structure at all...but take nothing away from Germany...they were brilliant -{
    YNWA 97
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    +1 -{ -{ -{
    Herzlichen Glückwunsch Deutschland {[] ( I hope that's close enough ) :))
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
    Bondtoys must be gutted with that late goal. Disgraceful defending :D
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    fireworks.gif
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    meboFU3.gif

Bondtoys wrote:
    fireworks.gif

Nice! :o
    dtlflagge-23.gif

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Why do i have the feeling that this is the greatest day in german football since 1974?

I am speechless!

Oh ye of little faith! Congratulations, my friend! :D
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    il_340x270.564227705_9gku.jpg

You need to save some pics for Sunday! :v
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Bondtoys wrote:
    il_340x270.564227705_9gku.jpg

Who knew??!!!! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    I expect at least a pair of double Gs if they win the Cup.
    One order of Double Gs for holden, please :D

Those Germans will be a handful for any opponents! :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'd feel a right tit, if I didn't keep abreast of, who scored. ;)
    When did Bondtoys paint his chest ? :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Wow, what a night!

Though everyone is really happy with yesterday's match - we are not there yet!
    Oliver Kahn rightly observed in his analysis that it was not only the german team playing so well.

In the last matches you could see the pressure, which laid on every brazilian player. Crying before penalty shootout - crying when hearing the anthem.
    The Brazil team virtually imploded after the 2:0 and there was no defense and a lot of room for our players.

The result is phantastic and our players have now great confidence for the final -but we are not there!

In the last 2 years there have been nasty "discussions" around the character of the team and Joachim Löw.

There are nasty speculations about the sexual orientation of some of the players and the coach. There is a latent homophobia in these fora and I'd love to see their faces after the 7:1
    I for my part could not care less about that.

Löw lives 70km from my home town - he's well known and highly respected in that region but most parts of the nation misses a certain degree of glamor.
    So, I am particularly happy for him - no matter how the final ends. I'll always defend him.

Now, if we could play with 11 people (has anyone seen Özil yesterday?) - we have good chances for the final {[]

Oh ye of little faith! Congratulations, my friend! :D

Thanks, old friend!
    Did you receive my emails from June? Never heard back from you.

Bondtoys wrote:
    crying when hearing the anthem.

They sang them with gusto too...who was who said you need to belt out the national anthem with pride to help you play better ? :v :D
    Bondtots wrote:
    Now, if we could play with 11 people (has anyone seen Özil yesterday?) - we have good chances for the final {[]

I've been saying this for months - and on a whatsapp thread with the guys from work we discussed just how poor Ozil has been...but last night he was particularly bad...a good job he wasn't needed...but have the Germans peaked one game too early ?
    YNWA 97
    well, you should not expect such a feast in the final against the Netherlands.

The team is still down to earth and has matured a lot the last years. They know that they can kill all the hard work with one mistake and will be very focussed again.

On a side note: How Schürrle in a kind of predator way took the ball full speed for the 7:0 was worth watching the match alone. He learnt a lot in the UK the last year!

Since ol' misty Dalton in LTK, I did not see so many tears in 80 minutes of time :D

Sir Miles wrote:
    ...but have the Germans peaked one game too early ?

If you are in the halffinal against Brazil in Brazil, you'd better "peak" - or you are out :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    ...but have the Germans peaked one game too early ?

If you are in the halffinal against Brazil in Brazil, you'd better "peak" - or you are out :D

Brazil's best player up to the Semi Final had been the referee !

They have no structure to their team and fall apart under pressure...the Germans have always been great at playing power possession football...how or why the UK players/teams haven't learned from them is beyond me...apart from the fact that there is too much money in English football and too much emphasis placed on instant success....

I also like the way the German Football Federation keep a team together - through the youth tournaments, such as the Under 17's and Under 21's...simple but genius -{
    YNWA 97
    Please don't move to here :#

Bondtoys wrote:
    Please don't move to here :#

Oh no...the German lack of fashion sense is more than enough to keep me away :o
    YNWA 97
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,324Chief of Staff
    I don't follow football at all, but Bride of Bärbel is very happy!