FIFA World Cup 2014

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,633Chief of Staff
    Bondtoys wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

My money is now on Germany

Finally 8-)

Then flush it down the toilet - can't see Germany winning it...
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Another case, where Sir Miles will be proven being wrong :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Another case, where Sir Miles will be proven being wrong :D

Excellent - I LOVE being proven wrong...well, I THINK I do...it's just never happened yet :007)
    YNWA 97
    Errr. I think that you are talking about me? :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    Errr. I think that you are talking about me? :D

Nah....I've heard about your trainers - they are ALL kinds of wrong :))
    YNWA 97
    I am wearing them on a daily basis - you fancy a pic? :D

Bondtoys wrote:
    I am wearing them on a daily basis - you fancy a pic? :D

You think your camera could survive ? :D
    YNWA 97
    :)) as an introduction for tonights match, german television shows Robbens and van Persies best dives in slowmo. Title: The flying dutchmen :D

:))

That could be an hours program on its own !
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Come on Costa Rica!!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Crazy scenes, goalie subbed in last min for penalties!!!!
    The Dutch got away with that one !

Tim Krul's behaviour was deplorable during the penalties.... X-(
    YNWA 97
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

...what a call!!!
    Feel sorry for Costa Rica but I suppose the Dutch have a better chance of putting the Argies out :D
    Holden wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:

...what a call!!!

Bit of a giant - though I must admit I think with 90% of the penalties going to the right (goalies left) I think I might have saved a few -{
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

O come on, that happens very often during a shoot out. Curious that non-players (in the media) think it is awful while (ex)players have no problem with it at all. It is all part of the game.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

O come on, that happens very often during a shoot out. Curious that non-players (in the media) think it is awful while (ex)players have no problem with it at all. It is all part of the game.

I've NEVER seen that before...I've seen players walk away to prolong the taking of a penalty...I've seen players stare at players or have the odd word....but to walk up to a player and jam your finger at him whilst shouting at him most certainly IS NOT acceptable...he should have been booked and told to stop....you obviously advocate 'if you can't win fairly, then cheat'...sportsmanship/gamesmanship is fine...but that bordered on cheating...

I'm sorry I disagree with you so strongly...I'd rather win fairly than win at all costs - which seems to be the Dutch way at this World Cup - even Robben admitted to cheating, he should have been automatically banned for that...
    YNWA 97
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    First of all, I don't advocate anything and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. I'm only saying that I have seen this happening before and quite often and not just in the Netherlands.

The thing about Robben is blown out of proportion. What he did say was that he made a dive in the first half and he regretted he did that. Foreign media translated this as him saying he made a dive that got him the penalty. However, since he didn't get a penalty for that dive it is difficult to consider that cheating. I can however tell you that a lot of people, including me, hate the way he is able to 'fall upward' which totally defies gravity when he is (or isn't) touched.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That's why I love womens beach vollyball, even when the girls are all
    Sweaty, worked up and angry. Pushing against each other. It's still hot ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,697MI6 Agent
    edited July 2014
    Sport really brings out the best is humankind doesn't it?

That's why I steer well clear of it! :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent

yes its like religion and politics ,no one will ever agree
    the great Bill Shankly once said of football was like a religion ,but it was far more important than that
    (I hope I quoted him right )
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Ladies mud wrestling brings everyone together. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    :)) :)) :))

Well and we can all agree that the game that Sir Miles sees in Liverpool has certainly NOTHING to do with football :))

Peppermill wrote:
    First of all, I don't advocate anything and I don't appreciate you putting words in my mouth. I'm only saying that I have seen this happening before and quite often and not just in the Netherlands.

Sorry if you thought I did - it's just how your comments read...I watch football from all over the world and have NEVER seen such disgraceful behaviour from a keeper before...I always thought Dutch football was born on the ethos of 'the beautiful game'...
    Peppermill wrote:
    The thing about Robben is blown out of proportion. What he did say was that he made a dive in the first half and he regretted he did that. Foreign media translated this as him saying he made a dive that got him the penalty. However, since he didn't get a penalty for that dive it is difficult to consider that cheating. I can however tell you that a lot of people, including me, hate the way he is able to 'fall upward' which totally defies gravity when he is (or isn't) touched.

I can asure you that Robben's remarks were reported accurately in the UK...he admitted to diving, but not for the penalty - which actually IS a dive !
    Robben should have been automatically banned for admitting to cheating - he is a WONDERFUL player, a little greedy with the ball - but a match winner none the less...he has no need to cheat, yet he does so in practically every game - no wonder his own players punch him in the face !
    He's a cheat - and condemned from his own mouth.
    YNWA 97

the great Bill Shankly once said of football was like a religion ,but it was far more important than that

No you didn't quote him right - not even close I'm afraid.
    YNWA 97
    Bondtoys wrote:
    :)) :)) :))

Well and we can all agree that the game that Sir Miles sees in Liverpool has certainly NOTHING to do with football :))

Well we are certainly getting back to beautiful, free flowing, fast attacking football...I look forward to putting a few noses out of joint back in European football next season -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

yes your right I just looked it up , it was to do with life and death
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes, that's the one...quite ironic for Liverpool though :#
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yes, that's the one...quite ironic for Liverpool though :#

I always thought Brian Clough had the better quotes - Shanks had better quips/ stories/insights...
    YNWA 97
    ahh Cloghie the greatest England manager we never had 8-)