FIFA World Cup 2014

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Well maybe mumble the bit about the rebelious scottish :)) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    not singing the national anthem during the line up should be a sackable offence, X-( X-( X-( X-( X-(

What countries we doing that, AS?

HI SM ,yep I don't care what other countries are not singing ,our boys should be heads up shoulders back chests out
    booming out the N,A or don't play for England if you cant stand the place
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    not singing the national anthem during the line up should be a sackable offence, X-( X-( X-( X-( X-(

HI SM ,yep I don't care what other countries are not singing ,our boys should be heads up shoulders back chests out

Well I certainly agree with that. If they're good enough at taking the money they should be good enough to sing God Save The Queen in my book. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff

And this is where we disagree...I'd prefer players to sing the national anthem obviously but it can be counter productive to what you are trying to achieve...the manager and coaches have spent the last few days outlining how he wants you to play, you have a job to do and need to keep a cool and calm head - then you go out, belt out the national anthem...pump out your chest, get all fired up and then run round like a headless chicken because you have 'forgotten' the job you are supposed to do amid all the passion... :o
    YNWA 97
    I think if they sang " The oki-koki " before the match, it would act as a bit of a warm up. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I think if they sang " The oki-koki " before the match, it would act as a bit of a warm up. :))

don't be daft TP, the England team wouldn't know which one was their left leg , :D
    :))
    At least you didn't say they couldn't tell their Arse from their elbow. ;)
    Although they way they've played lately, you I never know ? :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

And this is where we disagree...I'd prefer players to sing the national anthem obviously but it can be counter productive to what you are trying to achieve...the manager and coaches have spent the last few days outlining how he wants you to play, you have a job to do and need to keep a cool and calm head - then you go out, belt out the national anthem...pump out your chest, get all fired up and then run round like a headless chicken because you have 'forgotten' the job you are supposed to do amid all the passion... :o

Well that's a fair point but it wouldn't hurt some of them to a least lip-synch. Problem solved?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Sir Miles wrote:

yes I suppose there is that to it , but im sure myself and others here on AJB were on £100,000 a week
    and went to our bosses and said ooh ive forgotten my job ,I don't think we would be employed much longer :D
    I don't get out of bed for less than £100,000. :)) oh sorry I meant, £10 and
    a bag of chips. ;)
    I think the funniest trying to sing a national anthem when you don't know
    The words has to be when John Redwood ( Welsh secretary at the time ) tried
    To sing the Welsh anthem and clearly had never heard it before. :))
    I don't get out of bed for less than £100,000. :)) oh sorry I meant, £10 and
    a bag of chips. ;)
    I think the funniest trying to sing a national anthem when you don't know
    The words has to be when John Redwood ( Welsh secretary at the time ) tried
    To sing the Welsh anthem and clearly had never heard it before. :))

Yes, I remember that and his standing against John Major for the Tory leadership in 1995. "Put up or shut up" indeed!
    My tip for any footballer would be, to bow your hear and close your eyes.
    At least then it would look like you're praying. :)) This also works if you
    are caught having a nap in the office. ;)
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    And this is where we disagree. then you go out, belt out the national anthem...pump out your chest, get all fired up and then run round like a headless chicken because you have 'forgotten' the job you are supposed to do amid all the passion... :o

yes I suppose there is that to it , but im sure myself and others here on AJB were on £100,000 a week
    and went to our bosses and said ooh ive forgotten my job ,I don't think we would be employed much longer :D

I think you just hit the nail on the head AS! :)) -{ Do they really have the attention span of goldfish? :o
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    :)) or is it lemmings
    Sir Miles wrote:
    And this is where we disagree. then you go out, belt out the national anthem...pump out your chest, get all fired up and then run round like a headless chicken because you have 'forgotten' the job you are supposed to do amid all the passion... :o

I think you just hit the nail on the head AS! :)) -{ Do they really have the attention span of goldfish? :o

It's got NOTHING to do with 'attention span'...it's about stating calm and focused on the job at hand...NOT about getting all pumped up and chasing around after everything...if you play sport then you will understand.
    YNWA 97
    my last game of rugby (union) I played was in Paris ,and one or two of the guys shed a tear while we sang our national anthem that was part of the ritual ,could we out sing the French on their home turf , and show how proud we was to be
    English , it was a no holds barred game with one or two plays needing hospital treatment :) we would have ,and did bleed for our flag ,but afterwards when all of us ,including the French sat down to eat and drink in Parisian bar /eatery
    we didn't hold back on telling our French colleagues how sh*t London was :D yes there are always two sides to a story :)
    I've come round to liking the idea of biting being allowed in football. Even
    Heighten the excitement by allowing one played per team to carry a concealed
    weapon !
    So instead of a professional foul to bring a player down, his opponent could simply
    whip out a cosh and quickly bring him down with a bang on the head. :D
    weapon !
    So instead of a professional foul to bring a player down, his opponent could simply

Those days are not too far off... :))
    Watching it on ITV, I think they should have put a warning up
    That Adrian Chiles would be wearing shorts ! :))
    I've come round to liking the idea of biting being allowed in football.

The watch Rugby Union - it happens every week.
    YNWA 97
    :))
    Similar sport, just different shaped Balls. :D and of course it's played
    By men,...... manly men ! :p
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    weapon !

:)) :)) :))
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Nice dive Robben!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Nice dive Robben!

Yep - puts Tom Daley to shame !
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Got to admire that spring technique!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    BihY6vdCUAESZEC.png:medium

• Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

It's got NOTHING to do with 'attention span'...it's about stating calm and focused on the job at hand...NOT about getting all pumped up and chasing around after everything...if you play sport then you will understand.

Indeed Sir Miles I do understand as I play sport every week and I agree, keeping calm and staying focused are vital, whatever level you play sport at. Mine is Ju-Jitsu and participants risk injury or worse if they're not calm and focused. So please excuse my slightly flippant remark, it has nothing to do with attention span, but IMO I'm not sure that singing the national anthem with a little more gusto would prevent any team from focusing on the game once the whistle blows... But it's of no consequence and I would hate to fall out with anyone over it, England played well and remained focused until the end. -{
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    my take on national anthems:

The players are paid for playing football and not singing!
    Every further interpretation is reading tea leaves imo

I think you'll find England is paid to sing, it couldn't be for the football. :))
    Like some American sports we should take a celeb singer to do the anthem.
    Imagine the pride if the great Gary Barlow was to stride out on the pitch. :D
    Sir Miles wrote:

Indeed Sir Miles I do understand as I play sport every week and I agree, keeping calm and staying focused are vital, whatever level you play sport at. Mine is Ju-Jitsu and participants risk injury or worse if they're not calm and focused. So please excuse my slightly flippant remark, it has nothing to do with attention span, but IMO I'm not sure that singing the national anthem with a little more gusto would prevent any team from focusing on the game once the whistle blows... But it's of no consequence and I would hate to fall out with anyone over it, England played well and remained focused until the end. -{

Same here - no wish to fall out with anyone, just pointing out the other side of the coin -{
    YNWA 97