**everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • richmenstoysrichmenstoys GermanyPosts: 1,482MI6 Agent
    10502152701836b9at6123xd.jpg

-{ :D
    **everybody needs a hobby**
    https://www.instagram.com/wearitlikebond/
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I'm delighted to see the US advance and even more delighted to see so many people in the US so excited by it. I have seen more talented US squads, but I don't think I have ever seen one with more passion, drive and determination. It will be difficult, but it's not beyond imagination for the US to defeat Belgium/Russia in the next round either.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    I'm delighted to see the US advance and even more delighted to see so many people in the US so excited by it. I have seen more talented US squads, but I don't think I have ever seen one with more passion, drive and determination. It will be difficult, but it's not beyond imagination for the US to defeat Belgium/Russia in the next round either.
    \

I think thats not a bad draw, they have been playing great and no longer making up numbers in the tournament (like England lol)

They were unlucky not to score in injury time today, great block by the German defender at the death as it looked like it was heading into the bottom corner
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Guess I made that post a bit too early, huh? It should have read: "...but it's not beyond imagination for the US to defeat Belgium/Algeria in the next round either."! :D Belgium will be difficult, but I maintain that they are beatable.

I've been struck by how few sides look truly impressive so far. There are a handful of teams who've looked good - France, Holland, Germany, Colombia, Argentina, maybe one other - and a few others who've looked good in bits - Belgium, Brazil, Chile - but no one has truly hit their stride yet. Next round is different. There are no second chances. No draws. You have to win. Everyone has to raise their game immediately. It could be that the first team that hits their stride will win it all. Right now my money would go on one of Germany, France or Argentina but the latter are pretty much dependent on Messi and the first two haven't yet been completely convincing. It's an interesting competition, that's for sure!
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    For the USA, Belgium are certainly beatable, but we need to possess the ball more consistently in midfield. Still waiting for Bradley to play even a decent game.

Interesting how the stars have, for the most part, shone brightly thus far -- Messi, Neymar, Muller, Van Persie, Robben all among the goalscoring leaders.

Some random observations about the final 16:
    -- Four of the five South American teams all in the same quarter of the draw.
    -- Either Costa Rica or Greece in the final 8 (!!).
    -- Two Europe vs. Africa matchups, in the same quarter.
    -- Match I am most looking forward to: Netherlands-Mexico, followed by Brazil-Chile.
    -- Will be interesting to see if the knockout rounds produce more "play to win" versus "play not to lose" -- I fear some teams will play very conservatively and hope for penalties, which would be a shame.

Hard for me to see anything but a semifinal set of Brazil, Germany, Argentina, Netherlands. France to me are the wild card -- they've looked far better than I had guessed coming in. Colombia have been the most fun, and I am really hoping they move on, but I fear the Brazilians will wear them down.

For family, work and personal reasons, I very much need the "detox" that a football-less Friday will provide. On Saturday, I will happily fall back off the wagon! :D
    Hilly...you old devil!
    It's interesting that the U.S. have played so well despite the almost invisibility of Michael Bradley. He's such a controlling powerhouse in the middle of the field usually, able to break up the opposition's attack and feed his forwards/wingers with great passes. He looked almost back to his normal self in the first half against Germany, but he's definitely off form. Not sure whether it's a niggling injury or what. But, despite the almost-absence of one of the USA's most important players, they're still doing well. If Bradley can start doing what we know he's capable of, the US could be very interesting indeed!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,677Chief of Staff
    Amazingly enough Chiellini has said that the punishment that Suarez received was too harsh !

If he thinks that....?

Plus Suarez will miss more games for Liverpool (providing he stays) than he will for Uruguay :s
    YNWA 97
    Oh yes, congratulations to the USA - it was no mean feat to qualify from that group -{
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] congratulations to the USA,
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    Yes, it's nice to see the U.S. making a bit of a splash. Here's hoping we can keep it up!
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,295MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Amazingly enough Chiellini has said that the punishment that Suarez received was too harsh !

If he thinks that....?

Plus Suarez will miss more games for Liverpool (providing he stays) than he will for Uruguay :s

Think I read that Suarez would have missed 30 odd games for Liverpool (basically an entire Premier League Campaign) with his 3 bans total up - all without one red card :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    I'll say congratulations to our American cousins too!
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    was reading the standard on the bus tonight (yes I don't always swan about in the BEE EMM ) :D noticed that aunty BEEB
    is showing Glastonbury, on ,wait for it, BBC 2, 3, and 4, at the same time, now the current chair if the FA, was the chair of the BEEB and people wonder why we are crap at football , obviously planning at the BEEB and the FA is not their strong point, what next is Julian Clarey going to be made chair of the board of British boxing
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    The American success is testament to the collective over the individual. On paper they should have had no chance of beating Ghana and drawing with Portugal.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    DaltonFan1 wrote:
    The American success is testament to the collective over the individual. On paper they should have had no chance of beating Ghana and drawing with Portugal.

I'm not too sure I agree...Ghana love to argue and in-fight and, therefore underperform. On paper Portugal are a better side - but they are more a collection of individuals...still, take nothing away from the USA team - they fully deserved to progress.
    YNWA 97
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    DaltonFan1 wrote:

I'm not too sure I agree...Ghana love to argue and in-fight and, therefore underperform. On paper Portugal are a better side - but they are more a collection of individuals...still, take nothing away from the USA team - they fully deserved to progress.
    That's what I mean. Both Ghana and Portugal were less than the some of their parts, whereas the USA team were a model of unity.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Well they are called the United States ..... :)) ;%
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Think I read that Suarez would have missed 30 odd games for Liverpool (basically an entire Premier League Campaign) with his 3 bans total up - all without one red card :D

True enough....BUT....it's actually being said that this ban is illegal...it prevents him from working and that's not allowed under some working directive law !
    The ban is being challenged and it will be interesting to see what the outcome of that challenge will be....plus I don't believe Suarez will be at Liverpool this coming season - it would appear that Liverpool are already spending the money, with three players due in very soon.
    YNWA 97
    DaltonFan1 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    DaltonFan1 wrote:

That's what I mean. Both Ghana and Portugal were less than the some of their parts, whereas the USA team were a model of unity.

Spot on - you could see the extra effort they put in...and it payed off -{
    YNWA 97
    This is the point , these guys are in it for the pride of their country ,not to see if they can get their illiterate girlfriends jobs as style gurus in some crappy magazine
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,701MI6 Agent
    Great to see things being shaken up this World Cup. Makes it all less predictable and therefore more interesting. -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    This is the point , these guys are in it for the pride of their country ,not to see if they can get their illiterate girlfriends jobs as style gurus in some crappy magazine

Well...one will kinda lead to the other :))
    YNWA 97
    At least they are not wiping their posteriors with £20 notes like that cretin last year. X-(
    At least they are not wiping their posteriors with £20 notes like that cretin last year. X-(

They probably are, they just don't film it.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

They probably are, they just don't film it.

Well that wouldn't surprise me now.
    not singing the national anthem during the line up should be a sackable offence, X-( X-( X-( X-( X-(
    edited June 2014
    not singing the national anthem during the line up should be a sackable offence, X-( X-( X-( X-( X-(

What countries were doing that, AS?