Comments

• agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    YEAH!!!
    10501951_882402365107235_1069001250867205110_n.jpg
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I thought the M.N.T (the USA to anyone outside the states) played very well , considering in the scheme of things
    they are the new boys ,they were very good , :) GO USA
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, I was very surprised at how good the USA was, {[] by the way
    Is the "soccer" world cup getting any air time in America ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    Wow. Suarez. Once an alleged cheating, biting, racist scumbag always an alleged cheating, biting, racist scumbag. There's just no place in the game for alleged human effluent like him. He's an absolute disgrace. There are rumours today that he'll snub Liverpool and demand a move to Barca this summer. Hope it happens. The Premier League would be better off without him. He may have talent, but wow, what a despicable piece of sh*t in my opinion.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I agree on Suarez. What an ass!

But I fell only a little sorry for Italy. They tried to keep the 0:0 - like they always do and hope for a lucky punch eventually and this time, it bit them in the butt.

I admire what Buffon said after the match! No blaming for the referee, no moaning. Simply saying that in 2 matches they did not score and that that's not enough regardless what else happened.

My hat's off for such a sportsman!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Ha, that was quick:
    bildschirmfoto4vcdz2ytq7.png

" He just popped in for aquick bite ! " . :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    How long before someone says that biting someone on the shoulder in Uruguay means something different than it does in Italy?
    Q ,what do you fancy for dinner tonight Suarez ?
    A I fancy a quick bite of Italian :D
    Bq6gsGSIQAABuxf.jpg

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Missed the game but my mate text me about the Suarez, thought he was joking!!

Christ this is going to be interesting. Wonder if Barca and Madrid still be interested in him.

This will be the third time, wonder what goes through his head - crazy stuff
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Hopefully F.I.F.A will look at this episode retrospectively and sling the book at him
    which will be a massive shame ,because the man is such a talent :#
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    edited June 2014
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Bq6gsGSIQAABuxf.jpg

"His name's Suarez, he bites people".
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,612Chief of Staff
    Wow. Suarez. Once a cheating, biting, racist scumbag always a cheating, biting, racist scumbag. There's just no place in the game for human effluent like him. He's an absolute disgrace. There are rumours today that he'll snub Liverpool and demand a move to Barca this summer. Hope it happens. The Premier League would be better off without him. He may have talent, but wow, what a despicable piece of sh*t.

Ok...please be careful what you write...they may be your opinions but they can still drag AJB into trouble if others so wished - however unlikely that would seem.

I could ask for proof to back up your slanderous remarks....

Please don't think this comes from me because I'm a Liverpool fan - I'm just as appalled as everyone else...but it wouldn't be the first time AJB has fell foul of lawyers because of what members post.

Thank you.
    YNWA 97
    If FIFA play the "we can't be certain that his head didn't accidentally make contact with Chiellini's shoulder" card just to keep the South Americans excited, any last shred of respectability they - and the whole sport - has would be gone, surely?! He needs to be kicked out of the tournament and banned from the sport for the rest of the calendar year. It's not like it's the first time he's done this, but to do it on the biggest stage is an embarrassment to FIFA.
    Bondtoys wrote:
    Ha, that was quick:
    bildschirmfoto4vcdz2ytq7.png

Not really...that was posted a year ago...alas, it appears he hasn't learned.
    YNWA 97
    If FIFA play the "we can't be certain that his head didn't accidentally make contact with Chiellini's shoulder" card just to keep the South Americans excited, any last shred of respectability they - and the whole sport - has would be gone, surely?! He needs to be kicked out of the tournament and banned from the sport for the rest of the calendar year. It's not like it's the first time he's done this, but to do it on the biggest stage is an embarrassment to FIFA.

Strangely, FIFA haven't the power to do that - only for International matches....UEFA would have to get involved too for that to happen.
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Wow. Suarez. Once an alleged cheating, biting, racist scumbag always an alleged cheating, biting, racist scumbag. There's just no place in the game for alleged human effluent like him. He's an absolute disgrace. There are rumours today that he'll snub Liverpool and demand a move to Barca this summer. Hope it happens. The Premier League would be better off without him. He may have talent, but wow, what a despicable piece of sh*t in my opinion.

Ok...please be careful what you write...they may be your opinions but they can still drag AJB into trouble if others so wished - however unlikely that would seem.

Please don't think this comes from me because I'm a Liverpool fan - I'm just as appalled as everyone else...but it wouldn't be the first time AJB has fell foul of lawyers because of what members post.

Thank you.

No desire to drag AJB into trouble at all, Sir Miles. As for my opinions, he was found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra by the Football Association and suspended and fined. He was also found guilty by the F.A. of biting Ivanovic and by the Dutch League for biting Otman Bakkal and suspended. So the only opinion of mine that has been unproven by a hearing is the one of cheating. I shall amend my post accordingly.
    Needless to say, I'm leaving this one well alone ! ;)
    Sir Miles wrote:

Thank you.

No desire to drag AJB into trouble at all, Sir Miles. As for my opinions, he was found guilty of racially abusing Patrice Evra by the Football Association and suspended and fined. He was also found guilty by the F.A. of biting Ivanovic and by the Dutch League for biting Otman Bakkal and suspended. So the only opinion of mine that has been unproven by a hearing is the one of cheating. I shall amend my post accordingly.

Trust me when I say I have ABSOLUTELY NO desire to get into any argument with anybody....BUT...Louis Suarez was CLEARED of being a racist by the FA - please read the (something like) 308 page document the FA produced at the time. I know you wrote "found guilty of racially abusing Evra" but he was found guilty of that through 'being inconsistent as a witness' and 'on balance of probability'...it wasn't actually proven as to what he said...
    YNWA 97
    You are correct and I apologise. The FA didn't find him guilty of being a racist, but according to the FA report he was found guilty of "...using insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);" and that "...the insulting words used by Mr Suárez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);"

Please feel free to delete this and any other post of mine that could in any way leave AJB open to any litigation.
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Suarez needs to be banned for the rest of this tournament, then hopefully get some help, because clearly he cannot control himself in times of intense negative pressure. If Uruguay are allowed to keep playing him, that will be a disgrace.

That said...Bondtoys nailed it on the head:
    Bondtoys wrote:
    But I fell only a little sorry for Italy. They tried to keep the 0:0 - like they always do and hope for a lucky punch eventually and this time, it bit them in the butt.
    Is there anything more sleep-inducing than watching Italy play when all they need is a draw? Well yes actually -- Italy playing for a draw while Chiellini falls down every five minutes as if hit by sniper fire. This was Negative Football 101, and while Suarez's act was dispicable and deserved a sending-off, I do not for a minute believe that it decided the game. When you play for 0-0, you deserve to lose. And no whining about Marchisio's red card either -- that was throughly justified.

What happened to that fun, rampaging bunch that got to the Euro 2012 final match? Guess they decided it was just too out of character. Well, two straight World Cup first-round exits may finally wake them up.

Although I left it out of the quote above, Bondtoys is also right about Gigi Buffon -- a class act who deserves better tactics and players in front of him. He's the only thing I like about the current Italy set-up.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    edited June 2014
    Italy's players - as always fell very dramatically by every body contact and needed treatment as long as they've been even.
    The last 10 minutes when they where behind, they mysteriously immediately recovered from some heavy fouls and just stood up and continued to run :D

• BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent

I'd say it's getting quite a bit of air time in the U.S. I'm not even a "football" fan, and I'm watching! :))
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."
    Interesting BL, I was wondering If "Soccer" was begining to take off in the USA. :D
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Interesting BL, I was wondering If "Soccer" was begining to take off in the USA. :D
    Soccer is huge here at the youth level, for the usual reasons -- it's inexpensive, easy to understand, and great exercise. But it is still something of a niche sport in terms of passion at the professional level. MLS has helped a bit, but its quality is well below that of the top leagues in the world, and the reality of most Americans is that we only truly embrace a sport if the best players in the world either (a) play in our country, or (b) are from our country. The former is less of an issue that it used to be, with the advent of satellite TV allowing us to watch virtually any quality club match in real time. But the latter is still a problem -- America has yet to produce a truly world-class star player. That may happen some day, but most great young athletes here are still more likely to specialize in other sports.

All that said, soccer has a much bigger profile here than it did even 10-15 years ago. These things take time. The World Cup buzz here is quite encouraging, and the way the USMNT has been playing has helped.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    I'm no expert but I was impressed with the USA {[]
    You are correct and I apologise. The FA didn't find him guilty of being a racist, but according to the FA report he was found guilty of "...using insulting words towards Mr Evra during the match contrary to FA Rule E3(1);" and that "...the insulting words used by Mr Suárez included a reference to Mr Evra's colour within the meaning of Rule E3(2);"

Please feel free to delete this and any other post of mine that could in any way leave AJB open to any litigation.

No problem...and when I can, I will....but as said via PM - no need to apologise...
    YNWA 97
    Suarez needs to be banned for the rest of this tournament, then hopefully get some help, because clearly he cannot control himself in times of intense negative pressure. If Uruguay are allowed to keep playing him, that will be a disgrace.

He needs to be banned for longer than that - probably for 12 matches, which is roughly a year for international teams....believe it or not but he HAS received help for his 'moments of madness' from Liverpool FC...I just don't think he can help himself though, it will always be a demon inside him.

An awful flaw in a tremendous footballer.
    YNWA 97

I'd say it's getting quite a bit of air time in the U.S. I'm not even a "football" fan, and I'm watching! :))

As reported in one British newspaper today...One English reporter was approached by two Americans and was asked the score of the game that was just played. The reporter answered "2-2"..."a tie" came the reply...then he was asked "who won in overtime ?"..."no one"..."a shootout then ?"...again, "no, a draw"...finally, with exasperation one asked "so how do you know who won ?"

Still a way to go I fear ! :))
    YNWA 97