FIFA World Cup 2014

Comments

• The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Best of luck to our Dutch members today. Nothing against the Spanish - although they've won enough and I'd like to see someone else have some success - but the Dutch are the best side never to have won the World Cup. And, after the Brazilians, they have the hottest female supporters! Oh yesh! :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Best of luck to our Dutch members today. Nothing against the Spanish - although they've won enough and I'd like to see someone else have some success - but the Dutch are the best side never to have won the World Cup. And, after the Brazilians, they have the hottest female supporters! Oh yesh! :D

I think the Spanish will edge it, I'm personally hoping Chile can get thru that group. Prob the most interesting Group.

Cant say I have noticed the Dutch female supporters lol. When they show the dutch crowd the Tango orange just blinds me and I need to put my Persols on!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Saw the Chileans play in the U20 World Cup some years ago and they were quite horrid. Trashed the locker room, tried to trash the hotel. Diving, cheating, whining, complaining...and some of those guys are now in the World Cup squad. Not a big fan for any other reason than I tend to always go for the underdog...except when my team is the favourite.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    oh sorry ,was we talking about the world cup, :) sorry I fell asleep
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Well that game finally gave the World Cup a well needed boot up the arse!!!

What a hammering for Spain - should have been more too if Robben had passed the ball on the odd occasion.

Spain V Chile is going to be a humdinger next Wed {[]
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    The Dutch were back to how they should play!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,612Chief of Staff
    Spain were sluggish....strangely off the pace...and the Netherlands took full advantage...be interesting to see if they can hold it together for a change, instead of starting to fight amongst themselves....
    YNWA 97
  • DaltonFan1DaltonFan1 The West of IrelandPosts: 503MI6 Agent
    Suddenly Louis Van Gaal looks like a great choice for United next season.
    “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to a better understanding of ourselves.” - Carl Jung
    Members of the England football squad visited an orphanage in one of the favelas today. 'It is just heartbreaking to see their sad little faces completely devoid of any hope ' commented Felipe Silva , aged 6.
    DaltonFan1 wrote:

Ha all my Utd chums have been saying this all night!!
  • HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Members of the England football squad visited an orphanage in one of the favelas today. 'It is just heartbreaking to see their sad little faces completely devoid of any hope ' commented Felipe Silva , aged 6.

:D :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    DaltonFan1 wrote:

But he can't bring the entire Dutch squad with him ;) They need a major clear out....
    YNWA 97
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:

:)) -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Ah great, I was wondering if there was a FIFA world cup thread here on AJB.

I'm a huge fanatic myself when it comes to the world cup. And I (along with the rest of Holland) was absolutely shocked with that display of football against Spain, my god the streets went insane here! What a sweet revenge after that world cup final 4 years ago that still makes me cringe every time I see Robben miss that goal by hitting Cassilas's toe! It was nice to see some Dutch goals get passed him for a change! But I didn't expect it to be five!!!

(Oh and may I say that penalty that was given to Spain was also competely unfair?)

I had low hopes for us, I wonder how far we'll go.

My prediction for the world cup final beforehand was: Brazil v.s Argentina. We'll see how things go now!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
    Congrats Dutchfinger - your lot easily the most impressive so far!!

Yes the penalty was certainly suspect and you could have scored a fair few more (remember Robben being greedy at the end and could have squared the ball but didnt, though he was on for a hat trick)
    But the Dutch have a fabulous knack of throwing all their talent away with spectacular in-fighting...be interesting to see if they can keep it together this time...
    YNWA 97
    Interesting to see how the Germans perform.

Argentina looked very average last night like the rest of the S Americans
    Holland's the only team that's really impressed so far. Italy looked organised and well prepared, but not yet world beaters. No more could be said of Brazil, France, Argentina etc. As good as Holland was, it was also partly because of Spain's woeful defending. The next matches for both sides will be very telling.

Germany v Portugal will be very interesting today, and I'm looking forward to seeing Belgium play: they have enough talent to reach the semis.
    Nice of the Japanese fans to clean up after themselves, after their match. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Where is BT and his Sky High Praise for the German Team? :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent

He is on some old boat in the atlantic :D
    I though there might have been a women's beach volleyball
    Competition on somewhere, that might have been of more
    Interest of him. :))
    danjaq_0ff wrote:

He is on some old boat in the atlantic :D

In a Die Hard kind of Scenario fighting of Terrorists who want to sit on a Beach earning 20% ? :))
    For a while I was thinking ( because he hadn't been around for a time ) that
    He might have been the poor German bloke stuck down that pothole. ;)
    I missed the Germany vs Portugal match...but it sounds like Muller dived and that annoyed Pepe...now that guy is a nut job at the best of times, the Germans knew it and wound him up...worked a treat -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I missed the Germany vs Portugal match...but it sounds like Muller dived and that annoyed Pepe...now that guy is a nut job at the best of times, the Germans knew it and wound him up...worked a treat -{

He had a slight handoff in the face but it was so soft even Rivaldo would not have been bothered by it :)
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

He had a slight handoff in the face but it was so soft even Rivaldo would not have been bothered by it :)

Rivaldo only clutches his face when the ball hits his knee :))
    YNWA 97
    welshboy78 wrote:

And I thought Germans were tough {:) :D
    YNWA 97
    Alas and very sadly, Germany joined the diving/whining brigade some years ago. They're still not in the same class as Portugal or Argentina, but they're not that far off. The penalty was unquestionably a penalty, but he did go down like he'd been shot in the back. Likewise, Muller did get a hand in the face but you'd think he'd been hit with the butt of a rifle rather than an open hand. The ref got both calls right and Pepe - like Zidane against Materazzi in 2006 and Beckham against Simeone in 1998 - lost his cool in the face of provocation and his team ultimately paid the price. Divers and cheaters should be shot (harsh I know, but fair in my opinion! :v ), but if you retaliate, you let yourself, your team and the supporters down.