Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm an artist, I don't do any mundane tasks, I need to have the
    Muse upon me. :)) ( and I'm not talking the band) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    An Artists Fingers are very fragile :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I see its just been axed

Yes, but they're going to continue its run this season and they're hoping someone else will pick it up for a fourth.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,573Chief of Staff
    Hardyboy wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    I see its just been axed

Yes, but they're going to continue its run this season and they're hoping someone else will pick it up for a fourth.

I'm assuming it's been axed for poor viewing figures in the U.S. ?

A shame as it's an excellent series...
    YNWA 97
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I'm assuming it's been axed for poor viewing figures in the U.S. ?

Apparently so, which surprises me. . .NBC has always heavily promoted it and it gets great reviews, so I had no idea it didn't have much of an audience.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    "The Sweeney" a classic London police show ,for the benefit of you non Londoners , non UK agents, the Sweeney , is cockney rythming slang for Sweeney Todd ,FLYING SQUAD , a elite detective unit ,who would put the fear of Christ up any crim , who would be wary that the heavy mob ,would be after them .These men had the reputation of hard drinking ,heavy smoking un-orthodox methods ,that the powers that be at NSY would turn a blind eye to . A lot of police would say that
    "The Sweeney" was the most realistic cop show on the tv . The unit headed by Detective Inspector Jack Regan ,played perfectly ,by the late great John Thaw , Jack was instrumental in getting recruits into the police ,every one wanted to be Jack Regan .We used a lot of his terminology ,"right you slag your nicked " put your trousers on son your nicked"
    "Don't muck me about son we are the police and we aint had any dinner yet " those were the days .
    Now its ooh excuse me sir ,if its not to much inconveiniance ,would you mind awfully coming to the police station with me
    if that's ok with you , the whole bloody country has gone soft ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Florence + The Machine at Glastonbury :x
    YNWA 97
    Conspiracy ( Channel 5). The Cold War:
    Whether you believe in them or not, these Conspiracy Theories surrounding
    The Cold War are very entertaining. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    edited June 2015
    All Top Gear fans gather round at 8pm it the last one on BBC2. :#
    The 4x4 chase, was the funniest thing I seen in a long time. :))
    Sad it's all over. :#
    All Top Gear fans gather round at 8pm it the last one on BBC2. :#
    The 4x4 chase, was the funniest thing I seen in a long time. :))
    Sad it's all over. :#

Absolute class TV -{

Funniest thing on TV for awhile !
    YNWA 97
    Not so much good as, To be avoided at all cost ! :#
    I didn't even watch the whole programme but the BBC has a new
    Series " Sun Trap" or Sun Crap might be more apt, even my wife asked
    if this was made for BBC children's TV. :)) so over acted and bad acting
    at that, it's just terrible. :#
    British Comedy really has gone down the Drain :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,795MI6 Agent
    To the question in the title of the topic the answer is sadly - no :#
    Nothing exciting on any of the Norwegian News or Shopping Channels? :))
    Actually I only hace access to three TV channels, none are shopping channels (or indeed channels with commercials) due to the geography around here. I don't miss shopping channels or commercials and tomorrow NRK2 will show "Night Passage", a western from 1957 -{
    I have a soft spot for a couple of shopping channels. ;) got a few
    Bargins over the years. :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Not so much good as, To be avoided at all cost ! :#
    I didn't even watch the whole programme but the BBC has a new
    Series " Sun Trap" or Sun Crap might be more apt, even my wife asked
    if this was made for BBC children's TV. :)) so over acted and bad acting
    at that, it's just terrible. :#

Sun Crap! You are a comic genius, TP. That's just like something I would say! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I have a soft spot for a couple of shopping channels. ;) got a few
    Bargins over the years. :D

The first time I saw a shopping channel I just sat there and waited for the commercials to end and the programing to start, becauseI had no idea what it was. I was 18 years old :D
    One example on QVC UK, was a Pentax DSLR with two lenses memory card and
    bag for £399, even Pentax sold that kit for £550. :)) , I didn't buy one as, I have
    Plenty of cameras, but some lucky people got a bargin. ;)
    One example on QVC UK, was a Pentax DSLR with two lenses memory card and
    bag for £399, even Pentax sold that kit for £550. :)) , I didn't buy one as, I have
    Plenty of cameras, but some lucky people got a bargin. ;)

I thought I understood English, then I read this post ?:) :))
    I know my English teacher, criticised my Lesbian love story. She
    said it wasn't perfect but I'd made a good fist of it. ;)
    Did. she teach, you punctuation, ? :))
    No, I was never early. :p :D
    :))
    Just finished the first series of Hannibal, -{ Brilliant series, some of the "reveals" in the
    last show had been set up in the first episode and not mentioned again. {[] Brilliant stuff
    Now for season two. :)
    Our TV has decided that it's bored with Life, and has given up the Ghost :#
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,690MI6 Agent
    Just finished the first series of Hannibal, -{ Brilliant series, some of the "reveals" in the
    last show had been set up in the first episode and not mentioned again. {[] Brilliant stuff

I have that on DVD. Is it really gory, TP?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    It's not Too gory, I think it would be a 15 in movie terms.
    It's more around Hannibal's maliputation of the characters.
    It's not Too gory, I think it would be a 15 in movie terms.
    It's more around Hannibal's maliputation of the characters.

Thanks, TP. I may have to watch it soon then. I've had it for ages! :)

The second series is good TV too -{
    YNWA 97