Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Sadly I've not seen any of Penny Dreadful even though it stars my favourite Bond in Timothy Dalton.
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Just watched Christopher Lee in The Avengers!
    Patrick Macnee, Diana Rigg and Christopher Lee. Now that's a dream team if I ever saw one! -{

I know it's belated, but let me guess... Lee was playing the villain? :))

Penny Dreadful- best thing on TV at the moment, and loadsa Bond connections (starting with Timothy Dalton, of course). I'm totally into the whole Frankenstein/Dracula thing, and this series combines that with Bond alumni- how could I not watch it?

:)) Yes he was Barbel.
    He played a robot professor who looked human. Radio waves turned him into some kind of killing machine. He nearly killed poor old Arnold Ridley from Dads Army who at the time was playing with his radio controlled toy boat on a lake .... don't ask :))
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,804MI6 Agent
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

Well get ready for a rollercoaster of horror and frights, this series knocks series one into a cocked hat -{

Definitely (and series one was awesome)- you'll have a good time, Sir Miles.

The thing I'm most surprised about is that Eva Green has managed to keep her clothes on so far this series .... :))

Great storytelling.

Yes, we all know how hard that can be for European actresses. I've heard it takes a lot of lawyers and negotiations for French actresses to agree to being fully clothed far a whole movie or TV-episode :D
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,597Chief of Staff
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Barbel wrote:

Well get ready for a rollercoaster of horror and frights, this series knocks series one into a cocked hat -{

Definitely (and series one was awesome)- you'll have a good time, Sir Miles.

The thing I'm most surprised about is that Eva Green has managed to keep her clothes on so far this series .... :))

Great storytelling.

I was really looking forward to this second series UNTIL you go and spoil it by saying the delightful Ms Green keeps her clothes on X-(

:D
    YNWA 97
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I was really looking forward to this second series UNTIL you go and spoil it by saying the delightful Ms Green keeps her clothes on X-(

Dont panic ... pretty sure they'll be off before long :))
    Lady Rose wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Dont panic ... pretty sure they'll be off before long :))

Fingers crossed :D
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Any Avengers fans in the UK, (True Drama) seems to be showing a day of
    Steed and Mrs Peel. {[] :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I watched Man Down last Monday on Channel 4 - very funny comedy written and starring Greg Davies...
    YNWA 97
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Good that. I watched the first episode on All 4 and it haď Rik Mayall attack Greg whilst dressed as a bear. Very funny! :))
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    pinewood 80 years of movie magic its on now BBC2
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Good that. I watched the first episode on All 4 and it haď Rik Mayall attack Greg whilst dressed as a bear. Very funny! :))

That's the first series...which I found patchy...but still very watchable...this was the first of the second series...
    YNWA 97
    I thought Man Down was very funny. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Just been watching The British GT on Channel 4, and there were a couple of Astons Racing -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Watched the BBC special about Pinewood studios. Very interesting and
    the first twenty minutes or so is all about Bond -{ you can still catch it
    on the BBC i-player.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Recorded it and watching now. No hints on SPECTRE from Wilson - apart from its set in Bognor Regis :)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    It must have been so successful from its stint in SF. ;)
    Watched the BBC special about Pinewood studios. Very interesting and
    the first twenty minutes or so is all about Bond -{ you can still catch it
    on the BBC i-player.

It was very good TP ,very informative .Just a question the white mansion that kept popping up in various films
    was that the same building used in FRWL ,when the fake Bond was killed by Grant in the gardens ,and was the the same building used as the U.S ambassadors residence ,in Lewis Collins ,who dares wins ?
    Yes, it was in FRWL and the gardens where were Bond's double is stalked
    by Grant. -{ it's been in loads of movies, The First Great Train Robbery has
    A picnic scene in the garden too.
    Not on TV, but currently burning through the Twin Peaks Box Set -{

'Damn good Coffee' :D
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    -{ I loved Twin Peaks. :)
    Indeed -{
  • LexiLexi LondonPosts: 3,000MI6 Agent
    My boys are back :x

Strike Back legacy...on Sky 1.

Well, a bit of eye candy while I'm waiting for Daniel!
    She's worth whatever chaos she brings to the table and you know it. ~ Mark Anthony
    I did catch the back end of a TV trailer ,I think its called the sabotuers , I think its about the Norwegian resistance fighters
    who did a tremendous job in WW2 ,to stop the NAZIS creating heavy water for an atomic bomb . I will have to get plenty of Jarlsberg cheese in that night for sarnies :)
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Have put 'The Sabotuers' onto series record, looking forward to this -{

Also noticed the film 'Labyrinth' is on next week with David Bowie can't remember the name of the female actress ;) does anybody know who it is? :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
    :))
    Humans is on tonight at last ,cant wait,
    If I want to watch a show about Cold, unfeeling machines ... I'll watch Eastenders ! :))
    It does look good, If I know my Sci-Fi, it wont be long before they're up to no good. ;)
    Watched Channel 5's new documentary series " Conspiracy " -{ as usual
    With Channel 5, the first one was about ..... The Nazis . Channel 5 is obsessed
    With them. :)) well Nazis and Sharks. I'm waiting for the special on the .......
    " Forgotten history of the Nazi Sharks !" :))
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    Did anybody watch Humans last night? Thought it was pretty good.
    Katherine Parkinson from The IT Crowd is in it. She plays a wife and mother who is not too happy about the humanoid robot her husband has bought to help with the 'household chores'. It got me to thinking if the robot starts to malfunction she could heed her own advice from IT Crowd and just switch it off and on again. :)
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
    Did anybody watch Humans last night? Thought it was pretty good.
    Katherine Parkinson from The IT Crowd is in it. She plays a wife and mother who is not too happy about the humanoid robot her husband has bought to help with the 'household chores'. It got me to thinking if the robot starts to malfunction she could heed her own advice from IT Crowd and just switch it off and on again. :)

I waited all day for humans to come on ,and im afraid to say it was a bit of a let down ,a lot of hype went into this ,and I only hope
    it gets better , I was quite disappointed that the dad ,didn't bang his new house maid robot :D (don't judge me I bet you all thought about it too) :))