Anything Good on TV ?

Comments

• Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Hardyboy wrote:
    The second season of Bloodline is now on Netflix--a great show, dripping with southern gothicism. This season features John Leguizamo and Andrea Riseborough. . .interesting to see such a proper English girl transformed into good ol' American trailer trash!

I lost track of this, maybe I'll start again.

I can't believe how many American programmes use British actors for American characters.

I've just finished 'Billions' and again Damien Lewis is playing an American.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've been watching the American Top Gear and have to say it's very good indeed.
    Keeping the fun and friendship of the original version. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,590Chief of Staff
    Just watched last nights Top Gear - very good, not sure why people are against it... ?:)
    YNWA 97
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    Missed last nights
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Just watched last nights Top Gear - very good, not sure why people are against it... ?:)

I just hate Chris Evans :D I bet the 3 boys, Clarkson, Hammond and May are Pi**ing them selves ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sir Miles wrote:

I just hate Chris Evans :D I bet the 3 boys, Clarkson, Hammond and May are Pi**ing them selves ,

Why ? I don't think they are THAT old that incontinence has set in...
    YNWA 97
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    They can piss in their collective ears as far as I'm concerned. :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    It doesn't work for me because:

- Evans is annoying and just doing an impression of Clarkson
    - The show with Clarkson, Hammond and May was just funny and a perfect combination of cars and comedy
    - Le Blanc and Evans have zero chemistry
    - The wacky stuff (going to Blackpool in reliant robins) have no purpose - in the previous show, they would do stuff with intentions
    - The show is too much like the old show
    - The star guests look like they don't want to be there
    - The audience look like they've been invited for free, rather than aurally wanting to go and see it
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Evans said he be happy with 5 million viewers, so far ( rightly or wrongly ) the first
    show of the new Top Gear got just over 4 million, the second ( which I thought was
    better ) got 3 million.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,294MI6 Agent
    First show was always going to have the highest ratings after all the fuss and publicity.

I imagine it will prob reduce a little bit more and then maintain around those figures
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I think New Top Gear will be back for a second series, but I predict some big changes ! ;)
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    I'm Alan Partridge has been in GOLD for the past couple of days, the Bond one was on the other night. Good episode, but ever since I first saw it, I've thought: When Alan goes through his VHS tapes, he's missing OHMSS and when he creates his schedule he emits it as well, jumping from YOLT to DAF. Wonder why?
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    :)) He mustn't be a Lazenby fan, I guess.
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,693MI6 Agent
    Another Alan Partridge fan signing in. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,800MI6 Agent
    Next slow TV offering - National Bird Hatching Day :)
    Watching Top Gear ( No footie for me) , I doubt they'll recapture the fun of the three lads. Earlier I
    Watched a coup!e of old episodes. The chase across Saint Petersburg and the Robin Reliant
    Test, where at turns, it kept rolling over. :D
    Been catching up with the new series of Alan Davies : As Yet Untitled - very funny -{

And the stupendous return of Euro Trash - bring back a full series {[]
    YNWA 97
    A word on last night's Top Gear, firstly the cooking part of the challenge wasn't new Top Gear has
    Done that before, and during the Interview segment Chris Evans gave away who had won the
    Lap before showing it :D
    A word on last night's Top Gear, firstly the cooking part of the challenge wasn't new Top Gear has
    Done that before, and during the Interview segment Chris Evans gave away who had won the
    Lap before showing it :D

It was still very good though - especially the Aston Martin :x and the Tesla -{
    YNWA 97
    I thought last week's was better. Although......
    http://www.theweek.co.uk/top-gear/65189/top-gear-the-real-reason-matt-leblanc-took-the-bbc-job
    Speculation about the BBC cancelling the show ?
    I really enjoy the humour and enthusiasm if Rory Reid , he can review a car. :)
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ray Mears ,I love watching Ray Mears ,his knowledge on the great out doors survival is truly fascinating . Whether its the Arctic or Arizona ,he is the man you want to be with .
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Currently working my way through "Department S" , as a kid, I'd stick a false moustache on
    ( a bit of paper, coloured black with a marker) to be Jason King. :D
    I still love the show but it is funny, to see them on a sun kissed beach, the titles telling us it's
    The South of France. Yet it's fairly obviously a beach on the south coast of England with a plastic
    Palm tree shoved in the background. :))
    Currently working my way through "Department S" , as a kid, I'd stick a false moustache on
    I still love the show but it is funny, to see them on a sun kissed beach, the titles telling us it's
    The South of France. Yet it's fairly obviously a beach on the south coast of England with a plastic

Only ever seen a couple of episodes of this...they used the same (cheap) production values on The Saint :))
    YNWA 97
    :)) yes, same sets, every week, but That's part of the charm.

I actually bought the complete series DVD boxset of Jason King last year from the CEX exchange shop. I still have to watch it but I've heard it's very good. I believe it was a spin-off series from Department S.
    Yes, infact I think Austin Powers is more a send up of Jason King than Bond.
    You can tell the budget was tiny for these series. As Sir Miles pointed out, many
    Of these old shows shared sets, cars and actors.
    No matter what country they were supposed to be in, France, Spain Germany
    They all looked like a field in Surrey filmed in winter. An example is a scene shot
    In a Spanish resort by a swimming pool. Yet the building is a mock Elizabethan
    Design. More in keeping with a Shakespeare play. :D
    Then again they were simpler times and I'm sure it must have been tough to
    Put out an action show for a tiny budget.
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,241MI6 Agent

A great series that I would love to see again - sad that Peter Wyngarde lost his career in less enlightened times :#
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

A great series that I would love to see again - sad that Peter Wyngarde lost his career in less enlightened times :#

Was that to do with his sexuality?
    Yes, he is a highly talented actor, such a shame a person's sexuality mattered so much
    In those less enlightened times. :#
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,241MI6 Agent

Was that to do with his sexuality?

More that he was actually caught importuning in a public toilet than actually being homosexual - it was a time when homosexuality had to be kept secret although most knew that stars like Frankie Howerd were gay it was illegal in those times.
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.