(Bond 24) SPECTRE's Opening Credits Theme Song.

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Don't know about that, I had to look up the lyrics to find out
    What he was singing about in places. :D

Next time I make love, I'll have that playing in the background.
    ( I think, I'm booked in for sometime next May) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I might be wrong about the lyrics, just the impression I got, but I didn't listen too carefully to them.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    I was wondering if the lyrics will relate to the way Bond is thinking / feeling in the film?
    I think they do as Sam Mendes helped with the song.
    http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/09/25/twitter-reacts-sam-smith-bond-theme/
    Some funny tweets about the song.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    I think they do as Sam Mendes helped with the song.
    http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2015/09/25/twitter-reacts-sam-smith-bond-theme/
    Some funny tweets about the song.

Interesting
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    We should consider ourselves lucky....here were the original LEAKED lyrics:
    writingon_wall.jpg
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    Not like Skyfall
    This is awful.
    I think we all know, At the next Karaoke night. This is the song
    We'll all be singing ! :D
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,971MI6 Agent
    A hit is a hit, and this ain't it. Not at all impressed. How dare they go with this glib throwaway after Adele's 'Skyfall'?!
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • StrangewaysStrangeways London, UKPosts: 1,469MI6 Agent
    I love it...I love it...I love it...I love it...I love it...I love it...I love it...I love it...I love it...

Haunting sound. Great lyrics, awesome strings, brass and bass.
    I bet Danny Klienman has done something spectacular for the main titles.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
  • ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    I think his dad Simon Smith and the amazing dancing bear could have done better :D
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • Markyb64Markyb64 Posts: 86MI6 Agent
    Beautifully sung and nicely arranged orchestration...but definitely not a Bond tune! Couldn't we stick our necks out and get Paul McCartney to give it another go and show how a Bond theme should be done??? :#
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,815MI6 Agent
    The positive first: the instrumentals are great

Sadly I think the singing is worse than I feared. I still think Sam Smith could have made a good Bond song, at times he uses his voice in a way that sounds good for a Bond song. The way I hear it the song is supposed to be Bond's thoughts, his point of view. If I'm right he makes Bond sound like a girl, and a weak girl at that. he also sounds overemotional. He uses a high pitched voice a lot. That can work for a male singer in a Bond song, Morten Harket hit pretty high notes in TLD, but Sam Smith uses it far too much. Morten Harket used the full range of his voice, but mostly the lower part, and he sounded masculine. Sam smith doesn't sound masculine for the most part of the song. I hope I like it better when I see the movie, but so far it is an disapointment.
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,621Chief of Staff
    Still haven't heard it - not one single link works...even the BBC says the link isn't currently available to listen too...it's not on YouTube...and most think it's crap...don't think I'll bother...I'll just wait for the film now...
    YNWA 97
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Hmmm...the orchestration sounds very Bond or motion picture-ish but sorry his voice is too high IMO
    Lets wait to see if it works with the titles...oh dear! :(
  • lippelippe Posts: 134MI6 Agent
    The full track is now on YouTube but appears to have quality issues: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IixJvOvdoLk
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    I am totally underwhelmed. At least when I take possession of the DVD/bluray in 6 months time I will be able to skip the opening credits, unlike skyfall where I have to watch them because Adelle is so good.

Ah well still can't wait for the film, just feel a bit let down, especially with the nods to Live and Let Die/On Her Majesties Secret Service, I thought we were going to get something of that standard, how wrong could I be.

It will be number One so it will make shed loads of money.

Not much else to say, I suppose I better get back to work!!
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,621Chief of Staff

That's a bold claim...none of the other have ever made number one !
    YNWA 97
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    You can listen to a good part of it on the iTunes preview.

I'll happily stand apart as liking it. OK, TWINE was that bad in the grand scheme of Bond theme tunes, but you can't tell me this is worse than dollop of doodoo Madona did!?! I can even bring myself to acknowledge the existence of that thing or the cartoon it was sung for :s
    I think Sam Smith is popular with " The young people" so it should do well. :)
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    If AWTD can peak at UK 9 and Norway #1, it's safe to say WOTW will do better with Smith's star power
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • Bmorelli11Bmorelli11 Posts: 197MI6 Agent
    Sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I like it! Looking forward to seeing it over the title sequence!
    You're that English secret agent from England | Instagram: @matchedperfectly | Web: www.matchedperfectly.us
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

That's a bold claim...none of the other have ever made number one !

Perhaps I should have tempered that down a wee bit and said "top 10" hit, however with Smith's success in the US I'm sure it will be a commercial success thats for sure.

With a bit of luck the producers will make the opening titles an instrumental version of the song with the full song at end of the film during the end credits. Like they did with From Russia With Love.

So disappointed with this, really disappointed.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Just heard it right now.
    One question: WTF?? X-(
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-34357110
    BBC news, Bond theme splits opinions. Although Sir Roger said
    It was very haunting and wonderfully orchestrated.

Good old Sir Rog. Always a team player.

Actually, I think the song is pretty good, but given the emotional content it would've sounded better sung by a woman. The Guardian wrote "There’s something quite bold about a male singer using a Bond theme to convey vulnerability" although some might use a different word than bold. :))
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,971MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    The Guardian reviewer is right. It sounds like some dreadful 'X Factor' effort. Should appeal to a few teenage girls.

(I saw Sir Rog on 'The One Show' on BBC1 this week. He's a great guy but he's at last looking his age: he didn't seem quite at ease with the banter or able to contribute particularly well... uncomfortable viewing.)
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,760MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Just heard it right now.
    One question: WTF?? X-(

Yeah it's, uh, not good...

I was one of the people urging others to reserve judgment when Smith was selected. Well, by all means judge away (not to say that anyone needed my permission!).
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Shady Tree wrote:
    He's a great guy but he's at last looking his age: he didn't seem quite at ease with the banter or able to contribute particularly well... uncomfortable viewing.)

For an 87 year old man, if he's only now "at last" looking his age, he's doing very well!!
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Still haven't heard it - not one single link works...even the BBC says the link isn't currently available to listen too...it's not on YouTube...and most think it's crap...don't think I'll bother...I'll just wait for the film now...

This one from The Sun works ... for some reason its not behind the paywall ...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/6658609/Sam-Smith-on-secrets-behind-Spectre-film-tune.html